Andrew Gross leaving beat?

mikemarc1

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Ehhhhhhhhh not a huge loss imo.

Stein does a great job imo (if you can look past her occasional insecurity outbursts on twitter) so I won't miss him,

That's far and away my biggest issue with her.  That and he occasional politics she throws in there.  At least she is not nearly as bad as Jesse Spector in that regard.

I don't blame him for wanting to move on to a new gig, for whatever reason on Twitter I saw him taking a lot of abuse from the cesspool section of our fanbase and it noticeably got under his skin a few times. I don't know if he caught more flak from the idiots in our fanbase for being a former Rangers reporter, but it sucks we're losing a good reporter.

11 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The older I get the less I care about these things, don't follow any of that stuff besides what is posted here and hf boards. No loss in my opinion. 

Kinda how I feel, but to be fair, a lot of the information that is posted here comes from people who are checking Twitter and/or these beat reporters.  The info has to come from somewhere, and a guy like him was someone who got the information pretty quickly, and pretty reliably.  Weird thing to me is that he just took the position like a year ago, didn't he?  Feel like it wasn't long ago that we lost Tom Guilitti (sp?).  

Anyway, I hope they replace him with someone, mainly because it's always nice to see the team get more coverage, and I'll miss him if for nothing else than he had the same last name as me.

• Like 1

Sounded like the Isles beat was easier for his family situation.  He was fine I guess, but these days best reporters aren’t great for that much unless they can get some sort of info as to the team’s internal deliberations which for the most part Devils beat reporters don’t get.

• 3 weeks later...

New Record beat reporter confirmed - she's from CA and did some Kings/Ducks stuff in the past but has been with NJ.com covering the Mets for the past year and change. 

Record Sports‏ @TheRecordSports  More

We are excited to announce our new @NJDevils writer, @AbbeyMastracco! Abbey has a true passion for hockey and is a great addition to our Sports team. Please join us in welcoming her to North Jersey + look for her on http://NorthJersey.com beginning the week of 3/26. #NJDevils

_____

Abbey Mastracco‏ Verified account @AbbeyMastracco  Abbey Mastracco Retweeted Record Sports

While I’m sad to leave the Mets beat and the team at http://NJ.com , I’m excited to be back in hockey and especially excited to be back in time for a playoff push!

image.thumb.png.768f7f2a6fcac3a97847cf3f23f107b8.png

Edited by LittleBallofHate
Sorry the pic is HUGE!
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

She also engages with fans the same way Amanda Stein does

abbey.PNG

its no excuse for the people that say that stuff, but if you are going to be on social media and have thousands of followers, you need to have some thick skin.