Andrew Gross leaving beat?

mikemarc1

OK, one issue I have with her is that she must be a born liar...is anyone EVER sorry to leave the Mets?! 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Don't follow her then? Honestly I get enough information about the team from here and hf boards plus the pre and post game shows that I really don't have any desire to see what any of these beat reporters post. 

It's news and what is posted on here is just re-posted from the beat writers but on a delay.

How many times has AG or TG complained about their personal lives on their twitter accounts?  Combined I can only count them on one hand maybe in years worth of tweets.

• Like 1

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

FWIW, I was joking.  And while we play this "no i didnt YOU did" game, you were the first to say how sick you were of KK tweeting those.

lol ok sure.

And I never denied saying I think his emoji tweets are stupid, so I don't know what your point is other than to deflect.

5 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

It's news and what is posted on here is just re-posted from the beat writers but on a delay.

How many times has AG or TG complained about their personal lives on their twitter accounts?  Combined I can only count them on one hand maybe in years worth of tweets.

No idea, I really don't follow any of it, never followed TG either Honestly the older I get the less interested I am in all the other stuff and from the sounds of it I don't wanna follow her either lkl 

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Isn't Twitter entirely based on people wanting attention? 

It can be a useful source of news.  TBH that's all I really use it for, to follow sports and political people but I don't give a hoot about actually Tweeting or piling up followers.

• Like 1

I have to agree with DM84 here. I rely on NJ Devils beat reporters a lot for news and information about the team and that person has to be good at what they do and mature in order to be tolerable. I'm not an Amanda Stein fan so indeed I don't follow her. I really hope Abbey is good because Chris Ryan alone doesn't quite do it for me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It can be a useful source of news.  TBH that's all I really use it for, to follow sports and political people but I don't give a hoot about actually Tweeting or piling up followers.

That’s how you use it. But the people who are posting that news definitely want (and are receiving) your attention. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s how you use it. But the people who are posting that news definitely want (and are receiving) your attention. 

So? It’s the same thing if I read a newspaper article without needing to pay for a subscription. The only difference is on Twitter people show their personality to get more follows. What kind of shoes Amanda shops for on her off days don’t interest me one iota but it might interest someone who gives her a follow and starts reading team related stuff.

In that vein I don’t get why anyone else here cares about her non hockey posts, if you don’t like it scroll by and move on.

• Like 1

So? It’s the same thing if I read a newspaper article without needing to pay for a subscription. The only difference is on Twitter people show their personality to get more follows. What kind of shoes Amanda shops for on her off days don’t interest me one iota but it might interest someone who gives her a follow and starts reading team related stuff.

In that vein I don’t get why anyone else here cares about her non hockey posts, if you don’t like it scroll by and move on.

Exactly. I like Amanda and I think she does a good job. It's her Twitter. She can post whatever the hell she wants. Just ignore it if you don't like it and focus on the hockey posts instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shopping for shoes and that sort of stuff doesn't bother me.

However, it is silly when she complains about the guy sitting next to her on the airplane "manspreading" and when she engages the idiots who call her fat and ugly on twitter.  She should just block or ignore them.  Instead she engages so that plenty of our fans can come in and give her attention or guys trying to play white knight to her.

Could I unfollow?  Sure.  However, Chris Ryan is and was often a bit behind on posting up to date news compares to her or AG.  Also I have heard mixed things about Abbey's Mets coverage, so AS might be the only game on town for breaking news.

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

There's nothing wrong with it. My point was that the entire function of Twitter is to get people's attention. Whomever is putting out that news is doing so to get YOUR attention. When people post pictures of a hamburger they ate, they are trying to get people's attention. When a writer posts a story about the Devils, they are trying to get people's attention. 

Calling out people for their Twitter usage and saying "they're just trying to get attention" is an idiotic statement. That's like looking at someone eating a sandwich and saying "he's just trying to nourish himself so he doesn't die". 

4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

The shopping for shoes and that sort of stuff doesn't bother me.

However, it is silly when she complains about the guy sitting next to her on the airplane "manspreading" and when she engages the idiots who call her fat and ugly on twitter.  She should just block or ignore them.  Instead she engages so that plenty of our fans can come in and give her attention or guys trying to play white knight to her.

Could I unfollow?  Sure.  However, Chris Ryan is and was often a bit behind on posting up to date news compares to her or AG.  Also I have heard mixed things about Abbey's Mets coverage, so AS might be the only game on town for breaking news.

Granted, I don't follow anyone on Twitter nor do I tweet, but it sounds to me that some people, perhaps Amanda included, don't keep their feed "professional" and they just post whatever they feel like posting, you know, like all of the other millions of Twitter users. I honestly don't see why that's an issue, if you choose to follow someone, you deal with what they post. If you don't want to, don't follow them. Just like DevsMan84 just said. 

But to think you should be able to control what other people post on social media because its ruining YOUR experience, well that's just dumb. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Granted, I don't follow anyone on Twitter nor do I tweet, but it sounds to me that some people, perhaps Amanda included, don't keep their feed "professional" and they just post whatever they feel like posting, you know, like all of the other millions of Twitter users. I honestly don't see why that's an issue, if you choose to follow someone, you deal with what they post. If you don't want to, don't follow them. Just like DevsMan84 just said. 

But to think you should be able to control what other people post on social media because its ruining YOUR experience, well that's just dumb. 

You're not wrong, but if Chris Ryan, AG and TG have no issues not engaging with idiot fans (TG did a little towards the end) then why can't Amanda do the same?  I know they are different people, but it does indeed come off as unprofessional.  Also, I'm sorry but if half of your professional work is via Twitter then try to at least keep it that way instead of looking for sympathy when someone calls you fat on there or whine about the game going into overtime forcing you to stay later.

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

You're not wrong, but if Chris Ryan, AG and TG have no issues not engaging with idiot fans (TG did a little towards the end) then why can't Amanda do the same?  I know they are different people, but it does indeed come off as unprofessional.  Also, I'm sorry but if half of your professional work is via Twitter then try to at least keep it that way instead of looking for sympathy when someone calls you fat on there or whine about the game going into overtime forcing you to stay later.

That's not the point, Amanda clearly CAN do it, but she chooses not to. As long as her employer doesn't care and allows her to, she can do whatever she wants. Whether you enjoy it or not, or whether you continue to read it or not, is up to you. 

I'd add also that I am pretty sure that CR, AG and TG all have a much easier time than a female reporter has with a bunch of obnoxious male hockey fans. Pretty sure nobody is talking about their fat asses. But when its a girl, everyone feels like they have the right to comment on her appearance. Especially when safely behind the protection of a computer/phone/tablet screen. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That's not the point, Amanda clearly CAN do it, but she chooses not to. As long as her employer doesn't care and allows her to, she can do whatever she wants. Whether you enjoy it or not, or whether you continue to read it or not, is up to you. 

I'd add also that I am pretty sure that CR, AG and TG all have a much easier time than a female reporter has with a bunch of obnoxious male hockey fans. Pretty sure nobody is talking about their fat asses. But when its a girl, everyone feels like they have the right to comment on her appearance. Especially when safely behind the protection of a computer/phone/tablet screen. 

While I don't doubt that part, she can easily just ignore or block them.  Why even engage them and spotlight it?  It's for attention at that point. 

AG and even TG got hate from time to time.  It wasn't along the lines of hating on their physical appearance, but they got plenty of "Hey AG, stop sucking the Rangers c%$@ and write something positive for a change!" and "You are a complete fvcking moron TG"  The difference was they almost never responded to it.

Edited by DevsMan84

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

While I don't doubt that part, she can easily just ignore or block them.  Why even engage them and spotlight it?  It's for attention at that point. 

AG and even TG got hate from time to time.  It wasn't along the lines of hating on their physical appearance, but they got plenty of "Hey AG, stop sucking the Rangers c%$@ and write something positive for a change!" and "You are a complete fvcking moron TG"  The difference was they almost never responded to it.

She could do that...but she chooses not to. She needn't have a reason other than that. What others think she should do (aside from her employer as I noted above) is irrelevant. It's Twitter, that's kind of what people do on Twitter. 

You're free not to follow, just like if you have a friend who posts pictures of his stupid cat 150 times a day.