Grabner to Devils - confirmed, for 2nd round pick and D Igor Rykov

Triumph

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He’s scored 20+ goals 4 times, including a 34 goal season. 

You are right. I just don't like those 4 seasons in between where he dipped pretty hard, but that might be explained by the fact that he was playing for pretty bad teams (NYI and TOR)

The thing about Grabner is that he can score on an island.  He's a great winger to have with someone like Zacha.  Or even Zajac.  He will make life hell on opposing D.

Someone on Twitter reminded me of Davies - if they think Davies is legitimate and they think he's leaving college this year, they can afford to give up on Rykov with Butcher also figuring to be around for a while (he's UFA in July 2022).

3 minutes ago, SS-SS said:

You are right. I just don't like those 4 seasons in between where he dipped pretty hard, but that might be explained by the fact that he was playing for pretty bad teams (NYI and TOR)

That one really bad season with Toronto seems to be aberration. 

35 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I mean, a top-6 winger is exactly what the doctor ordered. 2nd round pick seems a bit high but we’ve had a metric fvckton of high picks in the last few seasons and hopefully we start to see them in the NHL sooner than later. 

I don't like it...I LOVE IT.  This is what we NEED.

So what are our top 3 lines now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Could be but based on some interviews he did last week during rags games he was repeatedly saying how much he enjoyed being a ranger. Time will tell. Probably depends on dollars and term on his end. 

How about stay in the area but sign with the up-and-coming team that’s not completely tearing things down...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Grabs also has a good number, if not all, of his goals at ES and the Rags rarely if ever used him on the PP.

Maybe Hynes will finally stop trotting Stafford or Boyle out there  

Playoffs probably 

Boyle has been HORRIBLE. I am all for the story, I have very close family members with cancer and who have passed from cancer...HARD STOP.  But this guy has been TERRIBLE lately.  

• Like 1