Grabner to Devils - confirmed, for 2nd round pick and D Igor Rykov

Triumph

4 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I agree with this so much.

love the guy. Love the story. Love everything about his return. HATE his play lately. Reminds me of Rob Niedermayer when he was on the team.

Yeah but Moore’s pretty damn awful.

Moore at 17 pts this year, most likely going pass his whooping 22 pt season. 

I would be Moore than fine if he gets launched outta here. Didn't like him as a ranger and don't like him here. 

As for Grabs I think he's better than most of the forwards on the roster. And like someone else already said the Rangers never used him on the pp until the last week or so. The guy imo isn't a one trick pony, he also brings some additional size that we could use. He's not easily knocked off the puck and has a solid track record. I love this move. 

Edited by titans04

Thought something weird was going on when my brother (Rangers fan) texted me "whose rykov?". Feels weird seeing a Devils - Rangers trade.

I'll give Shero credit, Grabner addresses a need and should be a good fit for this team. Hopefully he can get the job done. I wouldn't be surprised if Shero has another move up his sleeve before the deadline.

Initially I was a bit taken aback when I saw Rykov going the other way as he's been one of my favorite prospects. I've been able to see a few SKA games a year for the past couple of years and really liked his game, even in the reduced role he played for them. I really think he has what it takes to be a solid two-way, top 4 guy at the NHL level. I believe his contract with SKA is until 4/30/19 so there was still going to be a bit of a waiting period for him. Have to think that Butcher proving himself at the NHL level and the emergence of Davies for Northeastern made Rykov easier to give up. Plus, they still have the other Yegor (Zaitsev) as another LD prospect, though I'm not as high on him as I am on Rykov.

Also, I could be wrong but I think after this trade the Devils have no 2nd or 3rd round picks in the 2018 draft. I'll have to double check when I'm not half asleep.

Good hope they get Kovy. They're next star goalie is the backup on the same team. 

McKenzie just posted this, since Austin Matthew's came into the league he has 58 even strength goals, during that same time Grabs has 50 even strength goals along with Terasanko and Kucherov (sp) . I don't think he's a one trick pony by any means. 

The guy is jacked too so not the least bit worried about him breaking down any time soon. 

Edited by titans04

I like it. Seems like Rykov will never set foot on the continent and we have had plenty of draft picks lately. Things overall have went well this year, I like where the team is headed but you never know year to year so it is good to give the boys a boost while they are in it. Grabner obviously seems to like the area so you have to think we have a decent shot at resigning him to.

I can't make my mind up about this trade. I'm wary about his empty net goals. They obviously count and maybe he can help NJ close out games, but the situation is dependent on other things happening beforehand. He has 39 non-EN ES goals past two seasons, so he can bury the puck, but 2nd + Rykov seems steep for a guy with 20% empty netters. I've always liked Rykov and his game, felt he could be a middle pairing player in the NHL, but I guess we'll have to trust Fitzgerald on this. 

Sznajder posted the transition stats, and I think Grabner might do better in NJ who are, well, not terrible like the Rangers are this year. He's not really a driver but seems more like a guy who goes as the team goes in that regard.