Grabner to Devils - confirmed, for 2nd round pick and D Igor Rykov

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple of Hall quotes - sorry if someone else has already posted them and I somehow missed them    “It’s a great piece for our team and a guy that you’d want to have on your team,” said leading

Shero is probably the most entertaining gm in the league in terms of making trades

There's a reason why teams aren't drafting Russians much anymore, most of them don't even want to come over here anymore.  Can't stand the loser mentality that I've been seeing across the internet

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Grabs also has a good number, if not all, of his goals at ES and the Rags rarely if ever used him on the PP.

Maybe Hynes will finally stop trotting Stafford or Boyle out there  

Playoffs probably 

Grabners speed is scary good.................

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Could be but based on some interviews he did last week during rags games he was repeatedly saying how much he enjoyed being a ranger. Time will tell. Probably depends on dollars and term on his end. 

How about stay in the area but sign with the up-and-coming team that’s not completely tearing things down...

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Grabs also has a good number, if not all, of his goals at ES and the Rags rarely if ever used him on the PP.

Maybe Hynes will finally stop trotting Stafford or Boyle out there  

Playoffs probably 

Boyle has been HORRIBLE. I am all for the story, I have very close family members with cancer and who have passed from cancer...HARD STOP.  But this guy has been TERRIBLE lately.  

• Like 1

We’ve gotta be one of the fastest teams in the NHL now. Hall, Nico, Wood and Grabner all have ELITE speed. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

How about stay in the area but sign with the up-and-coming team that’s not completely tearing things down...

Apparently he speaks German. So does Nico. They can be best friends and he can stay for a while pls. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Boyle has been HORRIBLE. I am all for the story, I have very close family members with cancer and who have passed from cancer...HARD STOP.  But this guy has been TERRIBLE lately.  

I agree with this so much.

love the guy. Love the story. Love everything about his return. HATE his play lately. Reminds me of Rob Niedermayer when he was on the team.

Just now, Nicomo said:

Moore’s pretty damn fast, too. 

Yeah but Moore’s pretty damn awful.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I agree with this so much.

love the guy. Love the story. Love everything about his return. HATE his play lately. Reminds me of Rob Niedermayer when he was on the team.

Yeah but Moore’s pretty damn awful.

Moore at 17 pts this year, most likely going pass his whooping 22 pt season. 

I would be Moore than fine if he gets launched outta here. Didn't like him as a ranger and don't like him here. 

As for Grabs I think he's better than most of the forwards on the roster. And like someone else already said the Rangers never used him on the pp until the last week or so. The guy imo isn't a one trick pony, he also brings some additional size that we could use. He's not easily knocked off the puck and has a solid track record. I love this move. 

Edited by titans04

Thought something weird was going on when my brother (Rangers fan) texted me "whose rykov?". Feels weird seeing a Devils - Rangers trade.

I'll give Shero credit, Grabner addresses a need and should be a good fit for this team. Hopefully he can get the job done. I wouldn't be surprised if Shero has another move up his sleeve before the deadline.

Initially I was a bit taken aback when I saw Rykov going the other way as he's been one of my favorite prospects. I've been able to see a few SKA games a year for the past couple of years and really liked his game, even in the reduced role he played for them. I really think he has what it takes to be a solid two-way, top 4 guy at the NHL level. I believe his contract with SKA is until 4/30/19 so there was still going to be a bit of a waiting period for him. Have to think that Butcher proving himself at the NHL level and the emergence of Davies for Northeastern made Rykov easier to give up. Plus, they still have the other Yegor (Zaitsev) as another LD prospect, though I'm not as high on him as I am on Rykov.

Also, I could be wrong but I think after this trade the Devils have no 2nd or 3rd round picks in the 2018 draft. I'll have to double check when I'm not half asleep.