Sign in to follow this  
RunninWithTheDevil

GDT: Thank You Patty (6PM ceremony, 8PM puckdrop)

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well its still the Pens, Vegas, Tampa, Nashville, San Jose etc etc all strong teams

If anything if were going to make the playoffs this is the best preparation and if we can win some of those game its a good boost for the first round

Sure. If we make it, and I hope we will, I don't care which team we get in the first round. Realistically I don't expect a miracle, but who did in 2012?

2 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I swear to god if Kinkaid holds on here his face will be my avatar the rest of the fvckin season

giphy (10).gif

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

What a special night. From when I was a kid, I always said I was going to be at this game, and being there celebrating the guy I grew up idolizing was a surreal experience. I was lucky enough to catch his last game, too. 

And the game itself was huge. I really thought Halak was going to punch us with a huge dose of irony, that Slovak bastard. What a third period. Playoff atmosphere, one of the best I've ever experienced at Prudential Center. I need to decompress. Help. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Anyone else notice that Marty doesn't clap, not once in the whole thing. 

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He seemed kind of indifferent,  compared to everyone else.  Enough that people will read into it.  Maybe Patrik and Marty weren't that close off the ice?  It did look odd when Nieds, Stevens, and Daneyko were all clapping...and Marty was just kind of standing there.

Yeah, I mean I hate to read into things, especially when it's Marty who's thoughts I imagine look something like a kaleidoscope but I have to admit I found it odd that every time the camera flashed to him, he looked emotionless and somewhat peeved. 

6 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Friesen wasn't invited to the event but Rupp was even after how much of a douche he was as a Ranger, which was weird.

Also absent was any mention of Jamie Langenbrunner and John Madden. He mentioned Brian Gionta tho, which is cool cause I love Gio. Patty also gave props to Sarge lol.

I thought it was a little awkward that neither Madden or Langs was mentioned but I get it...especially with Langs.

Edited by Neb00rs

Big game from Kinkaid tonight, that's the story of the night for me. He was fvcking solid and there's no two ways about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Yeah, I mean I hate to read into things, especially when it's Marty who's thoughts I imagine look something like a kaleidoscope but I have to admit I found it odd that every time the camera flashed to him, he looked emotionless and somewhat peeved. 

I thought it was a little awkward that neither Madden or Langs was mentioned but I get it...especially with Langs.

What does “especially with Lang’s” mean? What did I miss? 

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

giphy (10).gif

SD has between now and Monday morning to pick out my Kinkaid avatar and it’ll be there, don’t you worry 

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Not good looks from Marty

IMG_3188.JPG

Marty hated every single minute.

• Like 1

Honestly, the entire thing was odd. This was a bigger spectacle than Derek Jeter's retirement and ya know...Patty...wasn't...Jeter.

1 minute ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Honestly, the entire thing was odd. This was a bigger spectacle than Derek Jeter's retirement and ya know...Patty...wasn't...Jeter.

Yeah, you’re right, Patty played a better sport. :P

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I would have thrown my I shaped wife and O shaped self at the TV

Can't wait to see this "I shaped wife"...hahaha. what a joke.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Not good looks from Marty

IMG_3188.JPG

Does anyone think that he may be pissed with the emphasis that was placed on Elias on staying with one team? Seemed very repetitive.

27 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

What does “especially with Lang’s” mean? What did I miss? 

The Langs/Sutter era wasn't a particularly happy one for Elias.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hystyk28 said:

Does anyone think that he may be pissed with the emphasis that was placed on Elias on staying with one team? Seemed very repetitive.

Nah. It was either Marty just being Marty or something we don't know about entirely. I'm absolutely sure it had nothing to do with Elias. Marty tweeted out a pic of him and Elias earlier.

1 minute ago, hystyk28 said:

It bears repeating. It’s a special an unique thing for a player of his quality to play their entire career with one team. In any sport. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

The Langs/Sutter era wasn't a particularly happy one for Elias.

Was there something with Madden though? He was one of my favorite Devils ever, so I’d be bummed to find out there was some kind of bad blood with Patty or the organization. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

Was there something with Madden though? He was one of my favorite Devils ever, so I’d be bummed to find out there was some kind of bad blood with Patty or the organization. 

I don't think Madden was much liked by many of the players on the team. And I think those feelings were requited by Madden himself.

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

I don't think Madden was much liked by many of the players on the team. And I think those feelings were requited by Madden himself.

Damn never knew that...

I really think this Marty thing is blown out of proportion. He clapped for a huge portion of the event, of course they zoom in on him one time he's not clapping and now people are going to make something out of nothing. 

Do we really have nothing better to talk about? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Man, if you didn't happen to notice that there was a lot more wrong with the Nieds banner other than the "2" (as in the letter font, the "7", and the weird "4" in 2004), no wonder you rely so heavily on numbers and not your eyes to make your points.

The "2" bothered me the most.  And all of the numbers and stats I post actually confirm what my eyes see.  Unfortunately, there are people who still think Vatanen, Lovejoy, Moore, and Severson all suck.  Yet my eyes and the numbers say otherwise.

7 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

You have 20 bullet points. Please pick 6 other random as fvck stats so this can be memorialized properly.

I have no idea what you mean.

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Agreed. It may or may not mean we may or may not win the Stanley Cup. With or without question. 

Exactly, and we won't know until the end of the season.  Point is, this win was one of the most emotional, spirit lifting, most intense wins of the year.