DEVILS ACQUIRE PATRICK MAROON

MB3

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Why did you think that? 

Dudek hasn't had a very good college career and you can only have 50 NHL contracts.  He's already 22 and he has 6 goals this year for Boston College.  He'll probably be an okay AHL player but there's little chance he's anything at the NHL level.

I really don't know where Maroon will play but I do know this probably shoves Stafford into the press box, which is likely the intention.  I don't know if I'd give up a 3rd for that.

• Like 1

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

I mean if that's the deal then Chiarelli better lose Shero's number from here in, granted Maroon's a rental but they really couldn't get more than a 2019 3rd and a middling prospect?

I suspect people are wary of the numbers he put up next to McDavid.  It's not like he has a long record of success before going to Edmonton.

I don't know much about Maroon, other than the fact that he's a poor skater that played on McDavid's wing as protection, and he collected a lot of points because of it.  The price paid was good provided its Dudek in this deal.  However, I have very little confidence that this guy can do much without having an all world center doing 98% of the work for him. 

2 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

Maroon doesn't play the same position as Hayes or Boyle.  The guy who should come out for Maroon is Coleman.

I'd rather have Coleman, as he fits more with the identity of this team.  If Maroon is here to take his place, rather than Stafford, it's a mistake.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I suspect people are wary of the numbers he put up next to McDavid.  It's not like he has a long record of success before going to Edmonton.

He was a 35 to 40 point player with Anaheim.

1 minute ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I don't know much about Maroon, other than the fact that he's a poor skater that played on McDavid's wing as protection, and he collected a lot of points because of it.  The price paid was good provided its Dudek in this deal.  However, I have very little confidence that this guy can do much without having an all world center doing 98% of the work for him. 

I'd rather have Coleman, as he fits more with the identity of this team.  If Maroon is here to take his place, rather than Stafford, it's a mistake.

He's not a RW though.  Unless you move Grabner to RW which you could probably do.

I also think just having more forwards in general will let them rest Bratt and Zacha and perhaps even Hischier down the stretch.  They really do not have anything past the NHL roster besides Quenneville and maybe if you squint, Lappin, and to me Hayes and Stafford are pretty much unplayable outside of an emergency.  I'm hoping to see something like this moving forward:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri

Wood-Zacha-Bratt

Maroon-Zajac-Grabner

Gibbons-Boyle-Noesen

with Coleman as a pretty good extra.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I also think just having more forwards in general will let them rest Bratt and Zacha and perhaps even Hischier down the stretch.  They really do not have anything past the NHL roster besides Quenneville and maybe if you squint, Lappin, and to me Hayes and Stafford are pretty much unplayable outside of an emergency.  I'm hoping to see something like this moving forward:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri

Wood-Zacha-Bratt

Maroon-Zajac-Grabner

Gibbons-Boyle-Noesen

with Coleman as a pretty good extra.  

Agreed.  I like those lines.

23 minutes ago, John Wensink said:

Not that they are the same kind of player, but I wonder if they are worried about Johanson not coming back. Did Maroon play with Hall in EDM?

Seems like a great trade!

I thought the same thing, they must have little confidence that MoJo is coming back this year.

I doubt Maroon played with Hall in Edmonton, both LW