DEVILS ACQUIRE PATRICK MAROON

MB3

20 hours ago, Mike Brown said:

Good trade.  He adds goal scoring to the bottom 6.

I'm sure he'll see PP time as well.  He's a big body to move.  Costed a 3rd rounder. Hope him & Grabner trades get us to promised land (playoffs)

4 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I like those lines with the glaring exception being that I think you absolutely move Grabner to the 2nd and Bratt to the 3rd.  Bratt is a 19 year old who has clearly struggled massively over the last 2-3 months.  He should not be getting 2nd line minutes over a veteran who still has a scoring touch.  

Hynes needs to do something to give the offence a boost and putting Grabner on the third line isn't enough. The team needs his goal scoring touch and experience right now imo. I think that Bratt is a great prospect but he seems to have plateaued at the moment and needs to be sheltered for his own good so he's the ideal candidate to move down the line-up.

With the additions of Grabner and Maroon plus (hopefully) the return of MoJo Hynes really is going to have some options at his disposal.

Andrew Gross Retweeted

Chiarelli to @OilersNow, on Maroon: "We received one offer. One offer. And it came five minutes before the deadline."

#NJDevilsNHL_2017_2018_NJDevils.png Hall on Grabner/Maroon acquisitions: “Just mentally, to have that ‘go-ahead’ from your general manager and really a vote of confidence, is really huge for our group [...] there is a sign saying, ‘let’s do some damage this year’ and let’s try to make a run of it."

Edited by LittleBallofHate
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:
 Andrew Gross Retweeted

Chiarelli to @OilersNow, on Maroon: "We received one offer. One offer. And it came five minutes before the deadline."

Guess he figured he might as well get SOMETHING, especially since it sounds like Maroon might be going right back there anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Guess he figured he might as well get SOMETHING, especially since it sounds like Maroon might be going right back there anyway. 

After reading that his entire family is still in St Louis including his kid (doesn't look like him and the kids mom are together) I could see him signing with St Louis if they want him.....I'm not concerned with any of it, I just want to make the playoffs this year and I think he'll definitely help.

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

After reading that his entire family is still in St Louis including his kid (doesn't look like him and the kids mom are together) I could see him signing with St Louis if they want him.....I'm not concerned with any of it, I just want to make the playoffs this year and I think he'll definitely help.

I'm not concerned either...I'll actually be quite surprised if he's re-signed.  I think this was a 2018-move only. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If you could replace Stafford with Henrique, would you do it?

Henrique wouldn't be replacing Stafford though.  Right now Stafford is a 3rd or 4th liner on a low cost deal.  Henrique will be an overpaid UFA and by that time the top 6 should be pretty set.  Doesn't make sense to pay him that much to just be on the 3rd or 4th line.

44 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Henrique wouldn't be replacing Stafford though.  Right now Stafford is a 3rd or 4th liner on a low cost deal.  Henrique will be an overpaid UFA and by that time the top 6 should be pretty set.  Doesn't make sense to pay him that much to just be on the 3rd or 4th line.

I guess that’s right. What if MoJo needs replacing?

53 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I guess that could be a scenario.  I would at least hope Shero would try to do better than Adam Henrique though for a top 6 spot.

Makes sense to me. 

Out of curiosity, what do you expect Henrique to be getting as a free agent? I agree it'll be an inflated figure...how inflated are we talking? $6m x 5?

Edited by mfitz804

Makes sense to me. 

Out of curiosity, what do you expect Henrique to be getting as a free agent? I agree it'll be an inflated figure...how inflated are we talking? $6m x 5?

I love Rico, but if someone gives him 30 for 5, they're completely out to lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk