Jared Kushner and the Devils?

smelly

I respectfully disagree that this thread should be moved and object.    I posted the story only because it related to Devils ownership, and not so that there should be any political discussion.

In fact, none should be required.

6 minutes ago, smelly said:

I respectfully disagree that this thread should be moved and object.    I posted the story only because it related to Devils ownership, and not so that there should be any political discussion.

I think I agree that no political discussion is required, but it seems pretty likely.  Also if you wanted this to be more about Devils ownership, I think you should've included Harris's name in the topic instead of Kushner's.

• Like 1

From what it seems like to me on Josh Harris' side of this may be at worse unethical or borderline unethical.
But for Jared Kushner it may have some more ethical/judicial ramifications.
Again I might be interpreting the article wrong.

That's the way I interpreted it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I think I agree that no political discussion is required, but it seems pretty likely.  Also if you wanted this to be more about Devils ownership, I think you should've included Harris's name in the topic instead of Kushner's.

While you may as a point of personal preference have chosen to title it differently, neither the name of the thread nor what I or anyone "want" the article to be about is material, as the article is what it is on its face.

And I have plenty of confidence in the quality posters that this board proudly and consistently boasts to know that none of them is going to sucked into or nudged away from any unnecessary political talk simply from the name of a thread.

Edited by smelly

I'm almost certain that Apollo had an army of lawyers look this over and they signed off on it.  So I really doubt that Apollo or Harris, who personally may or may not have had much to do with the loan, are going to get in trouble for it unless Harris really went off the reservation and had all sorts of personal side deals with Kushner, which I seriously doubt.

For his quiet demeanor though, Kushner and the rest of his family seem to be as impulsive about things as Kushner's father-in-law.  So we'll see where he ends up.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, smelly said:

While you may as a point of personal preference have chosen to title it differently, neither the name of the thread nor what I or anyone "want" the article to be about is material, as the article is what it is on its face.

And I have plenty of confidence in the quality posters that this board proudly and consistently boasts to know that none of them is going to sucked into or nudged away from any unnecessary political talk simply from the name of a thread.

This is like a wall of nearly impenetrable lawyer words.  I heard the story yesterday, I didn't post it here for obvious reasons, and the article isn't about Kushner and the Devils, it's about Josh Harris's other business dealings and Kushner.  So yes, I 'may as a point of personal preference have chosen to title it differently' - or to put it much simpler and out of the passive voice, I would've titled it differently.  

I agree that the board will get sucked in anyway, but you still could've given it a more germane title.  Strictly speaking, Kushner and the Devils have nothing to do with one another.

Edited by Triumph
  • Like 3

Harris seems like he knows what he's doing.  I think he would insulate himself well enough through his Real Estate Investment Trust so that nothing could come back on him personnally. The biggest takeaway from this article for me is the appearance of impropriety that these loans, and other transactions involving Trump and Kushner's family businesses, create because of their refusal to cede control of them during their term in Washington.   These loans could just be normal business practice, but because Kushner is still an owner of the business that received them, rather than putting his ownership interest in a blind trust, it creates the basis for these types of stories and just looks bad, even if nothing shady is going on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smelly said:

Mistake #1 my man lol. 

So a commercial real estate finance company made a loan to a real estate development company.  Oh the horror!  Not everything is a conspiracy just because they met each other.  That is how business works my snowflakes.  Just look at all the money the Clinton Foundation took in when Crooked Hilary was SOS.  

2 minutes ago, rpaq88 said:

So a commercial real estate finance company made a loan to a real estate development company.  Oh the horror!  Not everything is a conspiracy just because they met each other.  That is how business works my snowflakes.  Just look at all the money the Clinton Foundation took in when Crooked Hilary was SOS.  

Here we go.....

Can we remove the post please.

• Like 3

On 3/1/2018 at 10:30 AM, Triumph said:

This is like a wall of nearly impenetrable lawyer words.  I heard the story yesterday, I didn't post it here for obvious reasons, and the article isn't about Kushner and the Devils, it's about Josh Harris's other business dealings and Kushner.  So yes, I 'may as a point of personal preference have chosen to title it differently' - or to put it much simpler and out of the passive voice, I would've titled it differently.  

I agree that the board will get sucked in anyway, but you still could've given it a more germane title.  Strictly speaking, Kushner and the Devils have nothing to do with one another.

PS - that’s not the passive voice.  It’s active voice, conditional perfect tense.   

On 3/1/2018 at 10:01 AM, smelly said:

It only relates to ownership if and when Harris is forced to sell the team or somehow gets into legal/financial difficulties because of whatever he did here.  But really a lot of these owners don't exactly have clean hands when it comes to how they make/use their money in the first place.  

I also vehemently disagree that people would make enough of a distinction to keep politics out of a post and example A is a few posts above.  There's a reason this board has a politics only forum and that was before the enhanced polarization of politics in the last three years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.