GDT - Devils @ Panthers 3/1/18

NJDfan1711

I made the last gameday thread and we won, so in keeping with tradition, I guess I'll make this one too.

Tough game tonight on the road against a team that needs and wants to win badly.  This is pretty huge for them, so we're going to need to bring our A game.  Full 60 minutes as usually, which we've been getting lately, so I don't see why it shouldn't continue tonight.  The true test of energy might be tomorrow to see how the guys rebound after tonight, but today they should be rested and ready to go.

Schneider is actually projected to be in net tonight.  I didn't think he was supposed to be ready until the weekend, but maybe it's true.  Luongo in on the other side who's had a pretty decent season this year, at least stats-wise. 

Let's hope Hall can keep the streak going, and we as a team get a much needed 2 points, ideally in regulation, and further distance ourselves from these guys.

Let's Go Devils.

• Like 2

It's actually a bigger game for Florida, considering where they are, but yeah, it's a biggie for the Devils too...they solidify a WC berth with a win, and stay in the conversation for a Top 3 Metro spot. 

LGD!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Welcome back Daddy

And there it is.  It'll be interesting to see how he does tonight.  Maybe this will give a boost to the guys in front of him too, though I hope it doesn't have an adverse effect and make them think they can take some liberties on defense now.  

Really Excited for tonight's game! Living in South Florida I only get to see them play The Kittens in the Kitty Litter at the most twice a year, This year only once. At least my tickets are 5th row behind the NJ bench.. :dance:

LGD !!!!!

• Like 5

Really Excited for tonight's game! Living in South Florida I only get to see them play The Kittens in the Kitty Litter at the most twice a year, This year only once. At least my tickets are 5th row behind the NJ bench.. :dance:
LGD !!!!!

Bring us home a W!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I'm assuming Maroon is playing tonight? Any idea who's masking way for him? I'm hoping it's Stafford. 

Big game (as they all are at this time of year). Gotta play a full sixty, stay out of the box and take their chances when they get them. I'm hoping Grabner gets off the mark as he's been getting chances and Hall and Palms continue their fine form. 

LGD!

2 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

I'm assuming Maroon is playing tonight? Any idea who's masking way for him? I'm hoping it's Stafford. 

Big game (as they all are at this time of year). Gotta play a full sixty, stay out of the box and take their chances when they get them. I'm hoping Grabner gets off the mark as he's been getting chances and Hall and Palms continue their fine form. 

LGD!

Yup, Stafford out for Maroon to go in.

Hall - Hischier - Palmieri
Wood - Zacha - Bratt
Grabner - Zajac - Noesen
Maroon - Boyle - Coleman

Greene - Vatanen
Moore - Severson
Butcher - Lovejoy

Schneider

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Yup, Stafford out for Maroon to go in.

Hall - Hischier - Palmieri
Wood - Zacha - Bratt
Grabner - Zajac - Noesen
Maroon - Boyle - Coleman

Greene - Vatanen
Moore - Severson
Butcher - Lovejoy

Schneider

Who sits when Gibby and Mojo are back at it?  We haven't been in this sort of situation in a looong time.

3 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Who sits when Gibby and Mojo are back at it?  We haven't been in this sort of situation in a looong time.

Probably Coleman, and at this point, maybe Bratt.  I don't think you can sit Noesen just for how productive he's been lately, and while your veteran guys aren't usually the ones to sit in situations like this, it might also be Boyle. 

But at the very least, get Bratt off the fvcking 2nd line.  My God it's the least that you can do.  Grabner doesn't deserve to be getting low minutes on the 3rd line, at least not yet.  The guy is new, and a proven scorer -- give him the opportunity to produce.  Bratt had said opportunity, and hasn't done sh!t with it (not necessarily his fault, he's young, but that's beside the point).