You'll never win with Schneider

'7'

15 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Come on. This board has gotten ridiculously soft. This isn’t a troll job. It’s discussion. 

For everyone that has a problem with the complaining, what the hell else do you want to talk about? What do you expect? This is a Devils message board and they are in the process of a catastrophic meltdown that will do significant damage to the mental health of the franchise moving forward. 

hahaha. No. Not at all. Maybe for spoiled/entitled fans it would be bad for their mental health, but that's 110% their own fault for setting unrealistic expectations for this team. 

The franchise competing for a playoffs spot at this stage of a rebuilt is an absolute positive that anyone with a brain matched with common sense would understand and appreciate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Holy Jesus fvck he’s lost 9 games in a row?

It's not even the losses, that's one thing - he's given up three or more goals in each of those games too.  And I can't blame rust when he's put out the exact same game he's put out for most of his career as a Devil - make all the great stops other than allowing the killer softy that costs the team.

43 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Come on. This board has gotten ridiculously soft. This isn’t a troll job. It’s discussion. 

For everyone that has a problem with the complaining, what the hell else do you want to talk about? What do you expect? This is a Devils message board and they are in the process of a catastrophic meltdown that will do significant damage to the mental health of the franchise moving forward. 

Can't disagree with any of this.  Missing the playoffs would be an absolute disaster, especially when you're not likely to get a better season out of Hall than this year.  I mean jesus they had a nine point lead just THIS WEEK and now it's about to go down to four (really less with the Panthers having a million games in hand) in record time with the killer schedule looming.

Edited by NJDevs4978

8 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It's not even the losses, that's one thing - he's given up three or more goals in each of those games too.  And I can't blame rust when he's put out the exact same game he's put out for most of his career as a Devil - make all the great stops other than allowing the killer softy that costs the team.

Can't disagree with any of this.  Missing the playoffs would be an absolute disaster, especially when you're not likely to get a better season out of Hall than this year.  I mean jesus they had a nine point lead just THIS WEEK and now it's about to go down to four (really less with the Panthers having a million games in hand) in record time with the killer schedule looming.

Here's a newsflash for all the Panicky Petes here - Florida making the playoffs does not mean that the Devils miss the playoffs.  

3 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Here's a newsflash for all the Panicky Petes here - Florida making the playoffs does not mean that the Devils miss the playoffs.  

And?  Columbus is also about to pull within three points level in games and they're finishing their West Coast trip while we're about to go on our West Coast trip on steroids, likely after we have a split at best at home this week.  The math isn't going to keep us in front forever if we can't even get one phase of our game going let alone all three (offense, defense, goaltending).

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And?  Columbus is also about to pull within three points and they're finishing their West Coast trip while we're about to go on our West Coast trip on steroids, likely after we have a split at best at home this week.  

Oh okay.  In fairness I didn't realize Columbus was up 3 early.  

The Devils are still favorites to make the playoffs.  And they can still have a week like last week where they gain a ton of ground on everyone.  

52 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

The criticism of Schneider is fair. Now if we start making threads bashing a 4th line center...

It's more the role we bash, win FOs.. forecheck..  

As far as Schneider goes he hasn't been good.. tonight was bad..in a big spot where we needed a win..pucks going over his left shoulder is getting old

Edited by EdgeControl

Oh okay.  In fairness I didn't realize Columbus was up 3 early.  

The Devils are still favorites to make the playoffs.  And they can still have a week like last week where they gain a ton of ground on everyone.  

Montreal and Winnipeg before the trip from hell. They SHOULD (key word being SHOULD) beat Montreal. They never beat Winnipeg. Schneider costing us at least a point with his usual nut-crushing softie tonight is a killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Montreal and Winnipeg before the trip from hell. They SHOULD (key word being SHOULD) beat Montreal. They never beat Winnipeg. Schneider costing us at least a point with his usual nut-crushing softie tonight is a killer.

they have to have that game against Montreal. Then go from there but Winnipeg will be tough as fvck

• Like 1

they have to have that game against Montreal. Then go from there but Winnipeg will be tough as fvck

Winnipeg is always a pain in the ass, so Thursday I'm sure will be no different.... But Montreal is a different story. That organization is in tank mode. That's should be a 'get healthy' game- meaning not only should they win, but that's a game for guys to get right mentally. Meaning several different scorers, ideally. And perhaps the supposed franchise goaltender can make a save or two as well, and not let in three+ goals for once.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Winnipeg is always a pain in the ass, so Thursday I'm sure will be no different.... But Montreal is a different story. That organization is in tank mode. That's should be a 'get healthy' game- meaning not only should they win, but that's a game for guys to get right mentally. Meaning several different scorers, ideally. And perhaps the supposed franchise goaltender can make a save or two as well, and not let in three+ goals for once.

This year, Winnipeg is one of the best teams in the league.

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

The criticism of Schneider is fair. Now if we start making threads bashing a 4th line center...

I mean that's also fair too.  Boyle isn't really playing like a 4th line center.  He's playing like a parking cone that's afraid to get hit by a 15 year old student driver.  Even 4th line centers are supposed to get points every now and then.  

5 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I mean that's also fair too.  Boyle isn't really playing like a 4th line center.  He's playing like a parking cone that's afraid to get hit by a 15 year old student driver.  Even 4th line centers are supposed to get points every now and then.

You can this for about half the team right now. 

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

hahaha. No. Not at all. Maybe for spoiled/entitled fans it would be bad for their mental health, but that's 110% their own fault for setting unrealistic expectations for this team. 

The franchise competing for a playoffs spot at this stage of a rebuilt is an absolute positive that anyone with a brain matched with common sense would understand and appreciate.

While competing for a playoff spot is indeed a positive thing, at the same time, giving up a 9 point wildcard cushion in early March would indeed be a massive negative.  Perhaps not a "catastrophic meltdown that does significant damage", but it would be up there with some of the piss poor choke jobs in recent history.  This team has had enough opportunities to earn a playoff berth, and if they let it slip away, there's a lot of blame to go around, and attendance most certainly will be down next year.  No one's expecting this team to go deep into the playoffs if they do end up making it, probably just as many people didn't even expect them to make the playoffs when the season began, but when you have a considerable lead on the teams behind you with 20-25 games left in the season, it's a reasonable expectation not to cough it up.  I personally will be fvcking pissed if they do.  There's no reason for it.  Our starting goalie is now back, we have a roster that is for the most part almost fully healthy, our GM made a move at the deadline to try to bolster the team a bit, and we have a guy who is single handedly putting up one of the greatest point scoring streaks in the last two decades.  

I'm not joining the doom and gloom crowd yet, but we're fast approaching a scenario that would be pretty embarrassing, and downright infuriating. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

You can this for about half the team right now. 

For sure.  And all of those are fair as well :P

I am pretty sure that most posters on here know I am a fan of Cory and know what my feelings are about KK.

With that said, yeah I have to agree with a lot of others that Cory's play has been concerning and overall very poor.  That 3rd goal shouldn't have happened and the second goal was not a whole lot better.  He has lost 9 in a row and I don't care what stats the board robots throw out there, he has to at least win a few and give up less than 3 once in a while.

42 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

While competing for a playoff spot is indeed a positive thing, at the same time, giving up a 9 point wildcard cushion in early March would indeed be a massive negative.  Perhaps not a "catastrophic meltdown that does significant damage", but it would be up there with some of the piss poor choke jobs in recent history.  This team has had enough opportunities to earn a playoff berth, and if they let it slip away, there's a lot of blame to go around, and attendance most certainly will be down next year.  No one's expecting this team to go deep into the playoffs if they do end up making it, probably just as many people didn't even expect them to make the playoffs when the season began, but when you have a considerable lead on the teams behind you with 20-25 games left in the season, it's a reasonable expectation not to cough it up.  I personally will be fvcking pissed if they do.  There's no reason for it.  Our starting goalie is now back, we have a roster that is for the most part almost fully healthy, our GM made a move at the deadline to try to bolster the team a bit, and we have a guy who is single handedly putting up one of the greatest point scoring streaks in the last two decades.  

I'm not joining the doom and gloom crowd yet, but we're fast approaching a scenario that would be pretty embarrassing, and downright infuriating. 

For sure.  And all of those are fair as well :P

Why not though? Trust me i get the whole thing but i always go back to the initial expectations we all had. Hell we finished at the bottom of the league last year, and we added a bunch of rookies on top of a bunch of average NHL players for most parts, what the fvck do people expect?

This was my statement 10% in the season. "Yeah they are playing well right now but they are likely overachieving, i still don't expect them to make the playoffs but if they do it's obviously great and ahead of schedule. Plus as the season progress, it's becoming tighter and tighter and it's harder especially for a young team with a bunch of rookies and average players". That statement is still true and many people were agreeing with it back then. But they became greedy as the season went on. Why is it not a reasonable expectation not to cough it up when it's been predicted from the get-go? 

We're following a plan and pieces are falling into place faster than it should, that there are not more people accepting that is mindblowing to me. That something would give you MORE than it technically should have... but then still ask for more. Insane.

It's truly nothing more than entitled fans. And i must add... since i live in a different country and watching from afar, what's truly embarrassing and quite frustrating  to see is a fanbase failing to even come close to be a middle of the pack in attendance through the league year after year, even after the team won cups and were always a shoe-in for the playoffs... mostly bottom 5 through its history... and then holding the team to such insane expectations through a rebuilt. That's what's insane to me. Unexcusable really. If the team is going to be called out for not showing up. The fans should too.

Its nothing more than encouraging. We know Hall can be a stud, we know Nico and Bratt will only get better and better, Zacha is showing signs of greatness at times. We have good young guys coming up. We know we'll get rid of Boyle, Zajac and Greene sooner than later. We have speed, skills. 

Edited by SterioDesign

37 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Why not though? Trust me i get the whole thing but i always go back to the initial expectations we all had. Hell we finished at the bottom of the league last year, and we added a bunch of rookies on top of a bunch of average NHL players for most parts, what the fvck do people expect?

This was my statement 10% in the season. "Yeah they are playing well right now but they are likely overachieving, i still don't expect them to make the playoffs but if they do it's obviously great and ahead of schedule. Plus as the season progress, it's becoming tighter and tighter and it's harder especially for a young team with a bunch of rookies and average players". That statement is still true and many people were agreeing with it back then. But they became greedy as the season went on. Why is it not a reasonable expectation not to cough it up when it's been predicted from the get-go? 

We're following a plan and pieces are falling into place faster than it should, that there are not more people accepting that is mindblowing to me. That something would give you MORE than it technically should have... but then still ask for more. Insane.

It's truly nothing more than entitled fans. And i must add... since i live in a different country and watching from afar, what's truly embarrassing and quite frustrating  to see is a fanbase failing to even come close to be a middle of the pack in attendance through the league year after year, even after the team won cups and were always a shoe-in for the playoffs... mostly bottom 5 through its history... and then holding the team to such insane expectations through a rebuilt. That's what's insane to me. Unexcusable really. If the team is going to be called out for not showing up. The fans should too.

Its nothing more than encouraging. We know Hall can be a stud, we know Nico and Bratt will only get better and better, Zacha is showing signs of greatness at times. We have good young guys coming up. We know we'll get rid of Boyle, Zajac and Greene sooner than later. We have speed, skills. 

giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Just to chime in on this point, since I live in the state and closer to the arena than I ever have before, I don't enjoy going all that much. Leaving to see a game after work/meet up with your friends if you don't work with them is a huge pain in the ass. Traffic is absolutely horrid trying to get to and from Newark and really all around the NYC area of NJ in general. Then, you have to pay an additional $20-30 to park at the arena to walk 2 blocks to get there, which is a bigger deal in the rain, snow, and cold of winter. The trains also kind of stink because not everyone has a train station within walking distance of their work or home and, if the game goes into OT, you're waiting for another hour for the late train. The train was supposed to be a cost effective option when they proposed it, but it now costs almost as much per person depending on where you're coming from and you have to add in more to park at the station. Imagine being a small family and having to coordinate this? I'm a single guy and I hate spending 70$ to sit in bad seats and take forever to get to the game.

Compare that to when I went to Tampa recently, it was so much nicer. Cost $5 to Uber to Amilie Arena and there were tons of places around the arena to go before and after. Plus, its not really a secret, Newark isn't the greatest place to go whereas Tampa was awesome.

Not trying to hijack the Cory hate thread, sorry. Just adding my 2 cents in really quick before my boss yells at me for not working.

• Like 1