You'll never win with Schneider

'7'

Sorry. I've seen enough. Sometimes the eye test is all you need and the numbers lie. Cory has put up some great save percentages and had great meaningless games with bad teams. But one thing people did start noticing was that if he got some offense he couldn't handle the prosperity. If he got no or little offense then he would play very well, keep us in. And then allow a bad goal (usually late) for the loss. 

Schneider has now lost 9 consecutive games. Starting goalies don't lose nine games in a row because if they do, they are not starters anymore. And while this team isn't great, it's certainly good enough to make the playoffs if they started today. There is no excuse for a goalie losing 9 straight with this team in front of them. That's ON THE GOALIE. We're not the 1993 Senators. Somewhere within these 9 you have to grow a pair and be elite and just win a hockey game or two. He's not doing it. Ever

So basically the Devils are about to see a 9 point playoff cushion morph into 0 very soon. We can't wait around for him anymore. Nobody has this great faith in Kinkaid and he certainly didn't open any eyes, but he didn't sh!t the bed either when you look at where we were in the standings when Schneider returned. But you know what Kinkaid can do, win a hockey game every so often. He's not great and sometimes he'll look like total sh!t. But he can also walk into Consol where the Penguins hadn't lost in forever and make tons of clutch saves late and win. 

As far as I'm concerned the position is now up for grabs. Kinkaid deserves the Montreal start and if we win he can run with it

Edited by '7'
  • Like 3

Our season is really on the brink and it started with Schneiders choke in Florida. He cannot be allowed to destroy this season as he has been feverishly doing the last 9 games. This is so critical for us to win the next two and only Kinkaid gives us a chance because he has the mental makeup to do so. Cory isn't clutch and will never be clutch because he lacks the spine, guts, and mental toughness.

• Like 1

I will cut him a little slack coming back from injury, but going forward he has to be a wall for the Devils to have a chance.

And it would be nice for somebody not named Hall to get on the scoresheet for this team to have a chance too.

Right now the cushion is gone and if they continue to play like this, the playoff spot will be gone too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Cory, Keith, Lack, it really doesn't make a difference when Hall is the only one who can create any offense. 

We’ve scored goals at a decent clip.  Pretty close to 2011-12 where we racked up 102 points.  But the same people who said the goaltending on that team was the problem, are the same people who are doing a top notch job of building a winner in Arizona.

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Cory, Keith, Lack, it really doesn't make a difference when Hall is the only one who can create any offense. 

But somehow those guys have found a way to not lose 9 in a row. The offense is to blame too. But Kinkaid and Lack have at least won. Cory CAN'T WIN. We need wins 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, '7' said:

Our season is really on the brink and it started with Schneiders choke in Florida. He cannot be allowed to destroy this season as he has been feverishly doing the last 9 games. This is so critical for us to win the next two and only Kinkaid gives us a chance because he has the mental makeup to do so. Cory isn't clutch and will never be clutch because he lacks the spine, guts, and mental toughness.

The computer does not understand “clutch.”

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We’ve scored goals at a decent clip.  Pretty close to 2011-12 where we racked up 102 points.  But the same people who said the goaltending on that team was the problem, are the same people who are doing a top notch job of building a winner in Arizona.

I already explained that nobody has any idea what Chayka thinks about anything.  You just ignore things that don't fit your own narrative.

As for Schneider, you could've certainly won with Schneider 3 or 4 years ago.  It's an open question whether you can win with him now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I already explained that nobody has any idea what Chayka thinks about anything.  You just ignore things that don't fit your own narrative.

As for Schneider, you could've certainly won with Schneider 3 or 4 years ago.  It's an open question whether you can win with him now.

That's not even certain. If those games mattered then how are we sure his performance wouldn't have been what it is now? People deal with circumstances and pressurized situations very differently. Maybe he would've melted down back then too? And he sort of did. Lots of late game bad goals and 2 points turned into 1. Or 0. 

And Schneider is 31. He's not 35 or 36 or 40. Lundqvist is still pulling games out of his ass for the Rags. They stink and he's winning them for 'em. What has Cory done since like the Vancouver game except look like garbage?

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

That's not even certain. If those games mattered then how are we sure his performance wouldn't have been what it is now? People deal with circumstances and pressurized situations very differently. Maybe he would've melted down back then too? And he sort of did. Lots of late game bad goals and 2 points turned into 1. Or 0. 

He turns 32 this season and has now been hurt in each of the last 3 seasons.

The Devils still do not score for him.  They didn't score for him in 14, 15, 16, and they were scoring for him early in the season when he was playing great and keeping this team afloat, but they have stopped now that he hasn't.  Even after tonight, he has a .912 SV% and is 17-13-6.  

He played incredible in 15-16 and the Devils were close to a playoff spot until January.  Everyone forgets that for their own narrative.

Edited by Triumph

Just now, Triumph said:

He turns 32 this season and has now been hurt in each of the last 3 seasons.

The Devils still do not score for him.  They didn't score for him in 14, 15, 16, and they were scoring for him early in the season when he was playing great and keeping this team afloat, but they have stopped now that he hasn't.  Even after tonight, he has a .912 SV% and is 17-13-6.  

When you need him him to win a game for you he doesn’t, never has, and never will.

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel said:

When you need him him to win a game for you he doesn’t, never has, and never will.

He's never had an average offense and defense together in a season.  It's a fvcking shame that this will be his legacy as a Devil when it should be as a great goaltender, which he was. 

40 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It all goes through Hall lately though and he can't carry the entire team all the time. We need the other lines to contribute and our goal keeping needs to be better, that's obvious but it's not going to make a difference if nobody else but Hall steps up. 

26 minutes ago, Aznjsn said:

I have been very displeased with Cory's performance. As our starter, he needs to keep us in games with a 2 GAA or less.

I mean at least Schneider agrees with me :lol:

Schneider postgame: "I thought it was in my pads there, whoever it was came and speared it in. It's a 3-2 game and we can't keep being on the wrong end of these, I need to keep it to 2 or fewer."

I don’t know if he’s done as a starter, but 9 loses in a row is extremely concerning. So are all the 3 or 4+ goal games. Right now I’m much more confident with Kinkaid in net, and I’m sure the team is as well. 

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Devils struggling, "7", the OG troll, remembers his password..

tenor.gif

Come on. This board has gotten ridiculously soft. This isn’t a troll job. It’s discussion. 

For everyone that has a problem with the complaining, what the hell else do you want to talk about? What do you expect? This is a Devils message board and they are in the process of a catastrophic meltdown that will do significant damage to the mental health of the franchise moving forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I’m one of the complainers and even I think 7’s schtick is a troll job. I remember during the 2009 playoffs he created a topic saying the only way the Devils franchise would move forward is if Brodeur shot himself, along with a big picture of a gun. In 2012, game 6 and 7 against the panthers he said the devils were fvcked. Game 1 of the Flyers and rangers series he said they were dead and we were idiots for watching. Game 6 of the Rangers he has 20 posts claiming we’re an embarrassment of a franchise. 

I’m a self-proclaimed negative Nancy but 7 straight up needs help.

Why wasn’t this worthy of the banhammer? :o