Sign in to follow this  
'7'

You'll never win with Schneider

The creator of this thread is being proven right.

it's ridiculous to be outplaying good teams only to know you have no chance in these games cause the goaltending situation is a mess right now.

i know that this team has defensive lapses in games too, but good goaltending will bail you out, which isn't the case here.

In plain words, the panic button has been pushed.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

The creator of this thread is being proven right.

it's ridiculous to be outplaying good teams only to know you have no chance in these games cause the goaltending situation is a mess right now.

i know that this team has defensive lapses in games too, but good goaltending will bail you out, which isn't the case here.

In plain words, the panic button has been pushed.

You can win with the guy who put up a .923 save% through 12/27, and the Cory of 2013-14 through 2015-2016.  Hopefully we see that guy again soon, because yeah, you're not winning with the Cory we've seen over the last 10 games.  No one is. 

• Like 1

You really have to wonder how tough it must be for a team to climb back into games, only to see another softie go in on your end. With flipped goalies, what would the score yesterday have been? 5-1 maybe? 4-2? Imho we would never have lost the game.  

People talk about Cory stealing games for us, and being "clutch", and he did make a nice diving save with the stick as the puck was about the cross the line yesterday which sure was a beauty, but that second goal...?  Man, that was fvcking terrible.  Guy almost shot it from the blue line, and I get it was through a screen, but still.   For all the sh!t Kinkaid got (and I'm not at all saying Kinkaid is better than Schneider, or that he's even a starting goalie to begin with), Cory deservers, and seems to be getting, equal sh!t for his play lately.   Something tells me Cory may still not be right, either health wise, or perhaps mentally too, and I don't think you can play him right now.  Give Kinkaid the starting job from here on out, unless he plays worse, which would be hard to do, and then evaluate the guys in the offseason.

24 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

People talk about Cory stealing games for us, and being "clutch", and he did make a nice diving save with the stick as the puck was about the cross the line yesterday which sure was a beauty, but that second goal...?  Man, that was fvcking terrible.  Guy almost shot it from the blue line, and I get it was through a screen, but still.   For all the sh!t Kinkaid got (and I'm not at all saying Kinkaid is better than Schneider, or that he's even a starting goalie to begin with), Cory deservers, and seems to be getting, equal sh!t for his play lately.   Something tells me Cory may still not be right, either health wise, or perhaps mentally too, and I don't think you can play him right now.  Give Kinkaid the starting job from here on out, unless he plays worse, which would be hard to do, and then evaluate the guys in the offseason.

There's a lot of rumblings out of Montreal that Carey price could be available. He has had a crap year for sure. Although Price is considered a great goalie, he's getting beaucoup $$ for many years to come. .  How would you like to be saddled with that?  What happened to the Corey that played 1st half of the year? His price is reasonable. I think Hynes is going to ride him out the rest of the year. Live or die with Corey. This will determine what Ray will do over the summer.

This is in his head now, and Schneider never struck me as someone with steely mental toughness. He's the anti-Marty when it comes to the mental aspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is in his head now, and Schneider never struck me as someone with steely mental toughness. He's the anti-Marty when it comes to the mental aspect.

He's a ginger. 

• Haha 1

He's a ginger. 

Is there some type of correlation between having red hair and being mentally weak that I'm not aware of lol?

1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

There's a lot of rumblings out of Montreal that Carey price could be available. He has had a crap year for sure. Although Price is considered a great goalie, he's getting beaucoup $$ for many years to come. .  How would you like to be saddled with that?  What happened to the Corey that played 1st half of the year? His price is reasonable. I think Hynes is going to ride him out the rest of the year. Live or die with Corey. This will determine what Ray will do over the summer.

I'm not so sure Hynes will ride Cory the rest of the way.  He's gone back and forth a few times this year with Kinkaid and Lack and even started Kinkaid the other night when Schneider was available, so I think he's still very much up in the air, and will go with whoever he feels will give us the best chance to win, whether that's #35 or #1.  

I have no idea whether or not Price is available, but what do we do with Cory? He's still signed for a few more years, isn't he?

52 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yep, have to agree.  I never saw him as a guy who really got bothered by poor play, whether it's his own or the team in front of him, but that could be because he hasn't really had a bad stretch like this before, but I think you're right, it's definitely a monkey on his back now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He's a ginger. 

My NFL and NHL teams have succumbed to these no-soul having daywalkers! They must be stopped!

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Is there some type of correlation between having red hair and being mentally weak that I'm not aware of lol?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

There may be now. 

There may be now. 

Someone get Cory some hair dye, STAT.

5 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm not so sure Hynes will ride Cory the rest of the way.  He's gone back and forth a few times this year with Kinkaid and Lack and even started Kinkaid the other night when Schneider was available, so I think he's still very much up in the air, and will go with whoever he feels will give us the best chance to win, whether that's #35 or #1.  

i think hynes is going game to game. cory was not good vs wpg - go back to KK. If KK is good vs nashville, he gets next game. if he's not, back to cory. you have to play well to get the next game. its that simple.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

I think they need to go with Cory. Damned if you, damned if you don't. He's the #1.

Agreed. People are acting like KK gives us a better chance, I really don't think he does. 

• Like 1

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Agreed. People are acting like KK gives us a better chance, I really don't think he does. 

based on what other than cory's history years ago? KK isn't great either but KK has stolen games within the last 3 months. Cory has not. In fact, other than probably the Vancouver 1-0 win early in the season, Cory has not won any game the devils had no business winning this season.

5 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

I think they need to go with Cory. Damned if you, damned if you don't. He's the #1.

you cannot think this way after 5 years of no playoffs and the kind of season Hall has had. you cannot waste this in the hopes that cory comes around.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Perhaps there’s still time to find an extraordinarily morbidly obese person that takes up the entire net.  Or would he have to pass through waivers first?

7 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Ask Andy Dalton :P

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Goalie A - ten straight starts of three goals or more allowed, losing every one of them

Goalie B - seven starts allowing two goals or less in six of them, winning a lot of big division games

I know which goalie's given us a better chance to win in 2018.  And for that matter 2016-17 when KK was better than Cory last year.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

There's nothing new about giving up 3 goals a game in the last ten, for the season they are giving up 2.97 per game.  Cory's numbers were significantly better in years past when the team was terrible and there were no expectations.  Same could be said for the first half of this season through December.   His  game hasn't been anywhere near the same since, according to the eye test.  It also doesn't help when we score 2.90 on average per game.  Essentially every game is crap shoot with those kind of numbers.   Certainly Cory has been a part of the problem and I never thought he was anywhere near a top ten guy BUT maybe if we hit the net more the focus would be less on him giving up three and more on us scoring less than three. 

10 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Andy dalton says hello, 

• Like 1

There's a difference between out playing and out scoring.. most of the supposed games people think we were dominating,  we scored two freaking goals.. dominating and scoring two goals shouldn't be used in the same sentence.  It doesn't mean that cory hasn't been bad, he has , he knows he has, but there are two issues going on here.  We dominated Montreal and KK gave up 4 goals..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

There's a difference between out playing and out scoring.. most of the supposed games people think we were dominating,  we scored two freaking goals.. dominating and scoring two goals shouldn't be used in the same sentence.  It doesn't mean that cory hasn't been bad, he has , he knows he has, but there are two issues going on here.  We dominated Montreal and KK gave up 4 goals..

lately dominating = a win on paper but a L which is the only thing that matters. 

13 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You can win with the guy who put up a .923 save% through 12/27, and the Cory of 2013-14 through 2015-2016.  Hopefully we see that guy again soon, because yeah, you're not winning with the Cory we've seen over the last 10 games.  No one is. 

I don't see it turning around though.

If you can't get your goalie to stand on his head, you have no chance down the stretch of the season.

I thought Cory was fully capable at one point, but I think it's over for him. He can't constantly make routine saves any more, which gives you no chance in games.