GDT: Jets @ Devils 7PM 3/8/18

Nicomo

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Sens (x3), Rags, Habs, Sabres, Coyotes, Isles...

do you see them losing many of those games?

Why don't you mention Boston x4, Jackets, Toronto? As far as those you listed I don't see them winning them all by all means. 

2 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Because those are the (few) difficult games they have left. 

Marty, you want it to be black and white - strong teams...weak teams...playoff teams...non playoff teams. We all know what's coming, but none of us knows how it will end.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Because those are the (few) difficult games they have left. 

And just our luck Boston has key injuries down the stretch that they'll rest up for the playoffs too.  Not to mention two of those games with the Panthers come in the final week where they could have seeding locked up by then.

Literally the only tough thing about the Panthers' schedule is the sheer number of games they play down the stretch and especially on their own long road trip the second half of March.  And sometimes playing weak teams isn't as easy as it looks (ask the 2007 Mets).  But yeah obviously if you were betting and had no attachment to any of the three teams you'd bet on Florida and Columbus making the playoffs over us at this moment.

Edited by NJDevs4978

22 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

Why don't you mention Boston x4, Jackets, Toronto? As far as those you listed I don't see them winning them all by all means. 

How many games do you really see US winning though?  At the rate we're going and with the number of points we've lost off our lead already Florida and Columbus may only need to play .500 to get in at this point.

Edited by NJDevs4978

17 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

How many games do you really see US winning though?  At the rate we're going and with the number of points we've lost off our lead already Florida and Columbus may only need to play .500 to get in at this point.

IDK man. We are too unpredictable. I'm sure none of us expected they'd dominate Jets. We didn't get a W, but looked good. Easier said than done, but if they start finding the back of the net more often they can win at least 1/2 of the games and collect some loser points. Good thing they've been able to play strong vs most tough opponents this year. 

2 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

Coleman's breakaway really stung

Coleman stunk, Grabner was invisible, Wood one-dimensional, Severson looked comically bad on the third goal, and Cory looks like a pile of sh!t. Too many passengers YET we still dominated. I'm encouraged at the potential of this team, but frustrated with the inconsistencies and killer mistakes.

End of the day, we need better goaltending down the stretch otherwise we will continue feeling the full brunt of every mistake and passenger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I really wanted Cory to get a win last night, the negativity and the I told you so threads were unbearable as it is. They should have started him Tuesday against Montreal just to get that losing streak out of the way. 

I have no fvcking clue why they gave KK the easy game.

Cory needs a win in the worst way to get his confidence back.  Seemed like a no-brainer to give the Habs to Cory.

• Like 2

RECAP:

• It is hard to win when you give up more goals than you score. 
  • They exceeded us in high danger chances; mostly, because the ones that are highly dangerous are the ones in the back of the net, and they had more of those. The ones that did not go in are all of equal danger after they do not go in.
  • Schneider is incredibly rusty coming off his injury. Of course, he was also rusty going into his injury. 
  • Watching the game last night was like coaching my 10-11 year old soccer team. Every so often, we play a team where the girls are like twice as tall as most of our girls. That was last night, we looked like shrimps. Even guys who are 6'1" were absolutely dwarfed. 
  • On that note, I hope Zajac is feeling better, I haven't seen anyone get laid out (legally) like that in a while, he was absolutely crushed. 
  • Byfuglien is not "Bufflin", Laine is not "Line-ay", and I don't know what the fvck to make from Scheifele but he didn't play so I don't have to worry
  • Fvck those steam powered dildos.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2