Keith Kinkaid Appreciation Thread.

Neb00rs

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

I’ve sworn up down and sideways that Kinkaid has been my favorite player in the history of this franchise. For proof, don’t read my previous posts — they’ll bore you. Just take a look at the beautiful avatar I had commissioned by SD to honor the man I lovingly refer to as “Kinky K”

That avatar is and will always be, fvcking gold

• Like 5

Camera got a shot of him going off hte ice on the last TV break, about 6 mins to go in game. He was smiling/joking with Boyle. Not nervous in the least! I agree he should start next game. Going over to Twitter to congratulate him on great game

• Like 2

Huge game. He looked shaky and out of sorts the entirety of the 1st period. Easily could've been 3-0 or 4-0, but he got pretty lucky in the 1st. Empty nets were missed, one or two crossbars were hit. 

BUT, then, hes somehow kept it together and played his heart out the rest of the game.

Games like tonight are not sustainable, we need to play better in front of both goalies or this team will continue to disappoint. What a game by the kid, and what a great way to start my Saturday night!

Like a month or so ago after watching him get shelled for the 404204329th time in his career I said I never want to see him play a game for this team again. Well, it's been a roller coaster, but he has put up far more positive performances than negative ones. Absolutely played unreal last night. 

At this point, I don't give a sh!t who starts. If Kinkaid is going to be the one delivering quality starts like that then let him start. I'm still in the middle on Schneider, think he has more to give, don't think he is necessarily done, but we simply don't have enough time left to let someone figure it out. Gotta go with the dude that is going well right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I think, overall, KK is a fvcking goofball, fringe NHL backup goalie at best.

But he's playing really fvcking well right now.  And our starter isn't.  So you've gotta roll with him while you can.

Fringe? He's a very capable backup. Think we should be lucky he is our backup. Or whatever he is to us at the moment.

2 minutes ago, CarterforPresident said:

Fringe? He's a very capable backup. Think we should be lucky he is our backup. Or whatever he is to us at the moment.

He is really streaky. For a good stretch in February he was extremely bad. He sre is playing real good right now though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

He is really streaky. For a good stretch in February he was extremely bad. He sre is playing real good right now though. 

He is streaky yes, by that measure then sure. He seems a bit more motivated and the team as well when he is in net though.  Still, as a backup he is capable. He is no Petr Budaj for sure.