GDT: Devils @ Vegas - 14 Mar @ 10p Eastern

jagknife

First off, condolences to DF118, congratulations to Daniel; feels odd to express these thoughts in the same post but I suppose that's life.

At 4-2 the chat was convinced it was going to go to OT or worse, but Lagace is not an NHL-quality goaltender and the Devils finally seized on that in the 3rd.  

Vegas is really quite good - Devils struggled with their speed pretty much all night.

Severson had an ugly game.  He's got to get it together, it can't just be Vatanen playing well out there.

Obviously great to see Grabner get one.  He had a pretty good game apart from the goal as well, though he took a minor penalty again tonight - honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he never took minors in consecutive games, he has 48 minors in 541 career games.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Triumph said:

First off, condolences to DF118, congratulations to Daniel; feels odd to express these thoughts in the same post but I suppose that's life.

At 4-2 the chat was convinced it was going to go to OT or worse, but Lagace is not an NHL-quality goaltender and the Devils finally seized on that in the 3rd.  

Vegas is really quite good - Devils struggled with their speed pretty much all night.

Severson had an ugly game.  He's got to get it together, it can't just be Vatanen playing well out there.

Obviously great to see Grabner get one.  He had a pretty good game apart from the goal as well, though he took a minor penalty again tonight - honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he never took minors in consecutive games, he has 48 minors in 541 career games.

He plays for the Devils now so, you know, refs gotta penalize.

1 minute ago, Triumph said:

Agree on Grabs, like I've said, he's not a point machine, but he can score...though with that pass last night, you almost wonder how he doesn't bag some more assists.  As for the minors in consecutive games...he's never played for the Devils before, heh heh. 

20 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

To everyone.. thank you.  Thank you so much.  Your kind words.. I mean, they just mean so much.  It just.. it means a lot that you guys are so compassionate to a person and his family who most of you haven't met.  Thank you.

I don't think I've cried during many hockey games in my adult life, but last night felt special to me.  We watched the whole game and honestly couldn't believe our eyes.  I don't want to get too "out there" with this post (and I'm already rambling) but I can't help but feel she had a hand in some of those strange bounces in our favor last night.  Here's hoping she saved some magic for the rest of the road trip.

Thanks again to everyone here.  This forum is a special place.

The only thing I ask is that none of you handle me with kid gloves going forward - if I post something stupid, let me have it :lol:

Sometimes, quite sadly, it's someone else's loss that makes you appreciate what you have...my parents were only 20 (going on 21) when they had me, so even though I'll be 48 in June, my parents are only 68 now, and both are in good health (my dad just overcame prostate cancer last year).  Growing up, me and my dad often didn't get along, especially in my teen years...lots of the usual headbutting.  A good friend of mine (only 16 at the time) lost his dad to a sudden heart attack...to go to that funeral was brutal...but it made me see my dad in a whole new light...in a "OK, he makes you crazy sometimes, but he's HERE, and he's always been" kind of way.  That day has always stuck with me. 

I gotta admit (I wasn't going to), your initial post actually made me well up a bit, and your thank you did as well, just because...and you've made me appreciate what I have that much more.  Just texted my parents to let them know I love them and am glad to have them in my life...just because. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I don't think I've cried during many hockey games in my adult life, but last night felt special to me.  We watched the whole game and honestly couldn't believe our eyes.  I don't want to get too "out there" with this post (and I'm already rambling) but I can't help but feel she had a hand in some of those strange bounces in our favor last night.  

She definitely did.

The only thing I ask is that none of you handle me with kid gloves going forward - if I post something stupid, let me have it :lol:

You can guarantee it :D