GDT: Devils @ Vegas - 14 Mar @ 10p Eastern

jagknife

So.. I don't like making things about me, or really sharing too much of my personal business anywhere online (no offense to anyone here) but.. my Mom died suddenly yesterday.  Hard to imagine life without her right now.
But selfishly, a win would be a great distraction tonight for my Dad and I.  Just need something to occupy our minds for a few hours.  We actually watched the Predators game with her in the hospital over the weekend while she was still in good shape.. even though she wasn't really a hockey fan, she could tell how excited we were and cheered right along with us for the whole damn thing.  She was the best Mom I could've ever hoped for and.. I'm just going to miss her so much.
Go Devils.  
Oh man, I am so sorry to hear about that. Condolences to you and your family.
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So.. I don't like making things about me, or really sharing too much of my personal business anywhere online (no offense to anyone here) but.. my Mom died suddenly yesterday.  Hard to imagine life without her right now.

But selfishly, a win would be a great distraction tonight for my Dad and I.  Just need something to occupy our minds for a few hours.  We actually watched the Predators game with her in the hospital over the weekend while she was still in good shape.. even though she wasn't really a hockey fan, she could tell how excited we were and cheered right along with us for the whole damn thing.  She was the best Mom I could've ever hoped for and.. I'm just going to miss her so much.

Go Devils.  

Very sorry to hear this, hope they pull out a win for your Dad and you tonight! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Go Devils.  

Condolences man. We’re here for you!

• Thanks 1

Go Devils.  

very sorry to hear that, my best thoughts to you and yours friend.

• Thanks 1

Go Devils.  

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully the Devils can take your mind off that even for just a few hours.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

March madness Thursday is the single best sick day I take every single year 

Also part of the reason I took off.  THe other reason is I need to go to the MVA so what better way of treating myself after that hell?  Some basketball, bar food and beer.

Devilsfan118 sorry for you lose and the Devils better win one for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FYI & LGD!!!  :evil:

Chris Ryan ‏Verified account @ChrisRyan_NJ 

Devils appear to be holding an optional morning skate — albeit a well-attended one. But Cory Schneider is the only goalie out there, meaning Keith Kinkaid likely starts tonight in Vegas.

ETA: My sincere condolences to Devilsfan118 - I am so sorry for your loss. :(

Edited by LittleBallofHate

Amanda retweeted this:  Vegas Golden Knights ‏Verified account @GoldenKnights

Gerard Gallant says Reilly Smith and James Neal both won’t be in the lineup tonight. Both are day-to-day. He says it’ll be a little longer for Luca Sbisa.

Also from Amanda:  Amanda Stein ‏Verified account @amandacstein

#NJDevils: Jesper Bratt will be a healthy scratch tonight vs Vegas.

Top line will be Hall-Hischier-Palmieri Zajac back in the lineup with Grabner and Gibbons on his wings.

Edited by LittleBallofHate
ETA: lineup update from Amanda

10 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Amanda retweeted this:  Vegas Golden Knights ‏Verified account @GoldenKnights

Gerard Gallant says Reilly Smith and James Neal both won’t be in the lineup tonight. Both are day-to-day. He says it’ll be a little longer for Luca Sbisa.

Also from Amanda:  Amanda Stein ‏Verified account @amandacstein

#NJDevils: Jesper Bratt will be a healthy scratch tonight vs Vegas.

Top line will be Hall-Hischier-Palmieri Zajac back in the lineup with Grabner and Gibbons on his wings.

Like it, keep Palms on that line for now...guy has 18 points in his last 21, and has shown the ability to kick his game up a notch as the season winds down.  Nothing against Bratt long-term, but right now you've got a better chance of Fetch happening than Bratt happening. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Like it, keep Palms on that line for now...guy has 18 points in his last 21, and has shown the ability to kick his game up a notch as the season winds down.  Nothing against Bratt long-term, but right now you've got a better chance of Fetch happening than Bratt happening. 

Plus, this is easily the most games Bratt has ever played, he could use a break, especially if we make the playoffs.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Plus, this is easily the most games Bratt has ever played, he could use a break, especially if we make the playoffs.

Yeah, I pointed this out previously, but his production plummet came right after his 44th game...not far off the number of games he played for AIK in Sweden is his two full seasons there.  Some youngins just need time to adjust to the number of games and the grind of an NHL season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Go Devils.  

That really sucks, and nothing anyone can say will make it better, but I'm sorry for your loss.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Go Devils.  

Really sorry to hear that.  My condolences to you and your Dad.  I really hope the Devils put a hurt on Vegas tonight for you and your Dad.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Go Devils.  

Thats horrible for sure DF. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Go Devils.  

Certainly puts everything else in  perspective.  Really sorry to see this and hope you and your Dad can weather the painful days and even years ahead.  Hopefully you will have memories you can find comfort in that don't also cut like  knife.  Hang in there the best you can.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

A reference that neither of us over 40 guys should get. But we do, well done. 

9 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Go Devils.  

Oh man. Sorry to hear. Tough to even think about. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Go Devils.  

So sorry for your loss.  

• Thanks 1