2018 NFL Season

Daniel

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Not to mention that even a great back needs a good offensive line.  Giants seem to have improved theirs, but it was such a disaster last year that I highly doubt it will anywhere near the caliber of Dallas’s which is what Zeke needed to thrive.  

If I were a Giants fan, and they took Barkley, Gettlemen has to convince me that the remaining QBs are busts, and Barkley has to be as good as AP.   This is something you can’t mess up.

I'm not so convinced the Giants really righted the ship. Shurmur I wouldn't have faith in. Very blah coach and their 3rd option after McDaniels and Patricia said no. Gettleman is in his late 60's, rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Other than Allen, I don't think any of these guys have bust potential. And I don't think Barkley will ever be prime AP. Nor do I see a 2019 draft where the Giants can find their Qb of the future. The time is now and they may not make that move.

2 hours ago, '7' said:

This seems pretty plausible. Certainly the Jets interest in Mayfield may be a smokescreen. Rosen has perfect mechanics and is the most pro ready guy. And Denver has put 5 up for sale so that's probably where Buffalo will end up if they jump. And this his Allen falling which I think he should with all his red flags. Wonder where he'd end up.

For whatever reason the Giants don't seem super enamored with any of the QB's. They need one. I think they'd take Darnold but I'm not even 100% sure on that.

Gettleman seems like an old school GM so I can see them taking Saquon.

To me its been awhile to say this: The Top 5 of this draft is truly anyone's guess at this point, I don't remember a draft so unpredictable this late in the game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LOTCB said:

Gettleman seems like an old school GM so I can see them taking Saquon.

To me its been awhile to say this: The Top 5 of this draft is truly anyone's guess at this point, I don't remember a draft so unpredictable this late in the game.

Last year was pretty wild.

21 hours ago, Daniel said:

Anyone have any interest in doing a chat for the NFL draft?  If there are like four or five of us, maybe it'd be fun.

I would but I I will be watching the draft at a bar so idk how that will work

Seems like that late push for Mayfield by the Browns was a smokescreen. Darnold to Cleveland looks like a certainty. He's already signing Browns helmets and picking out Brown ties. Also (was it Jay Glazer?) said he's already entered into negotiations with Cleveland

Now we hear the Jets are making a late push for Rosen. Again, no clue if it's a smokescreen but I would be supportive of Rosen just as well. This may be strategic by Maccagnan in trying to weed out where leaks are coming from. We'll find out soon enough.

But if I'm the Giants I draft Rosen. 

33 minutes ago, '7' said:

Seems like that late push for Mayfield by the Browns was a smokescreen. Darnold to Cleveland looks like a certainty. He's already signing Browns helmets and picking out Brown ties. Also (was it Jay Glazer?) said he's already entered into negotiations with Cleveland

Now we hear the Jets are making a late push for Rosen. Again, no clue if it's a smokescreen but I would be supportive of Rosen just as well. This may be strategic by Maccagnan in trying to weed out where leaks are coming from. We'll find out soon enough.

But if I'm the Giants I draft Rosen. 

There's been word of Rosen falling out of the top ten.  It seems that teams are spooked out about his injuries. 

25 minutes ago, Daniel said:

There's been word of Rosen falling out of the top ten.  It seems that teams are spooked out about his injuries. 

Yes. He does seems kind of slightly built. Just not enough there to withstand an NFL beating.

Plus the commitment to the game thing. Not sure where I stand with that though.

16 minutes ago, '7' said:

Yes. He does seems kind of slightly built. Just not enough there to withstand an NFL beating.

Plus the commitment to the game thing. Not sure where I stand with that though.

I don't think it's his build.  He just had a bunch of concussions in college and missed a lot of time with a shoulder injury or something like that.  He's got pretty good size for an NFL QB.

I don't doubt he's committed to play football.  I think some teams might be a little worried that he does a Kaepernick type stunt that pisses off half of their fanbase.  And that he might be a bit of a snob.

43 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The Giants control so much of this tomorrow, they could do anything.  They could pick Barkley, they could pick a QB, they could trade the pick, hell they could pick Chubb though I see that as the least likely of the four scenarios.

I wouldn't count them out on Mayfield either, though you'd figure the Davis Webb thing would make it weird. Also Eli doesn't seem to be ready to hang 'em up for I'd say 2 years.

Allen actually makes sense for the Giants. He can sit for two years and get coached up. But I don't think they've every been strongly linked to him.

I heard the Giants were very high on Darnold though to the point where if Cleveland didn't take him they would've regardless of Eli's feelings or future plans.

Edited by '7'

57 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

This might actually be a worst-case IMO for the Jets...Browns take Mayfield and Giants take Darnold, we're stuck with either Rosen and his concussions/atitude questions or Allen and his accuracy issues.

Some people are adamant it's Darnold and has been Darnold all along(Mayock just said Darnold, Ben Allbright tweeted out Dranold, then deleted it but stood by the tweet as accurate). But this Mayfield stuff persists.

I'd be fine with Rosen. But I mean there is a lot of evidence it's Darnold to the Browns too. Strange.

Giants would win huge here unless they do the unthinkable and allow Darnold to fall to us. Which they won't. And I would forget Allen that should never ever happen. Allen means it's another new front office by 2020. He's crap

Edited by '7'

8 minutes ago, Derlique said:

If I'm a Jets or Giants fan, I'm riddled with anxiety for tonight's draft. At least for the Devils/Flyers last year, you knew you were getting one of two guys. Here, you could theoretically end up with 3,4 or even 5 different players. 

Well for the Jets it's 1 of 3. The Giants may hit the jackpot if Darnold falls to them. I think Darnold and Mayfield will both be good, but I believe long term Darnold will be better.

Giants really shouldn't be considering Barkley. You can find great RB value later on. This guy is not Dickerson or prime Earl Campbell

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

Well for the Jets it's 1 of 3. The Giants may hit the jackpot if Darnold falls to them. I think Darnold and Mayfield will both be good, but I believe long term Darnold will be better.

Giants really shouldn't be considering Barkley. You can find great RB value later on. This guy is not Dickerson or prime Earl Campbell

So, what's the scoop on these guys? From what I understand , the tiers are as followed:

1)Mayfield/Darnold

Rosen

2)Allen/Jackson

10 minutes ago, Derlique said:

So, what's the scoop on these guys? From what I understand , the tiers are as followed:

1)Mayfield/Darnold

Rosen

2)Allen/Jackson

I would go

1) Darnold

2) Mayfield

2a) Rosen

4) Allen

5) Rudolph

6) Lauletta

7) Jackson

8) Falk

Mayfield and Rosen are neck and neck for me. Jackson will crash and burn in the NFL

Edited by '7'

What I believe is happening is that the Browns know the Giants are not picking a QB at all 100% take it to the bank. Nor are they entertaining trade offers any longer. Giants are now locked in.

So it's just a continuation of their scare tactics trying to get the Jets to 1 because they know how much we love Mayfield. If we bite they get additional picks + Darnold who they wanted all along.

Edited by '7'

40 minutes ago, '7' said:

What I believe is happening is that the Browns know the Giants are not picking a QB at all 100% take it to the bank. Nor are they entertaining trade offers any longer. Giants are now locked in.

So it's just a continuation of their scare tactics trying to get the Jets to 1 because they know how much we love Mayfield. If we bite they get additional picks + Darnold who they wanted all along.

It’s possible but what do we really even have left to move up two spots, next year’s 1 plus a couple of 3’s? For a guy who isn’t even a sure thing after trading all your 2’s?

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Someone has it out for Josh Allen- shades of Laremy Tunsil, minus the gas mask bong: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/26/josh-allens-offensive-high-school-tweets-unearthed/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d prefer the gas mask bong without the racist Tweets. Loved this random burn on Twitter though 

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1