2018 NFL Season

Daniel

I think Mayfield could've found success with the Jets in this market. He would've been a phenomenon. I have no idea what his play on the field would've been but Mayfield + New York (or any major city really. Miami or Chicago) would've been a match made in heaven

He may be Joey Harrington in Cleveland. I don't see it working out for him. I think he's going to get beat up, frustrated, lose a lot. I mean Cincy, Baltimore and Pitt are legitimate formidable football programs and they have kicked around Cleveland for a long long time. I'm not sold that this rebuild will magically work for Cleveland.

It's sure looking like Rosen now and I think he will start Day 1.

Edited by '7'

1 hour ago, '7' said:

I think Mayfield could've found success with the Jets in this market. He would've been a phenomenon. I have no idea what his play on the field would've been but Mayfield + New York (or any major city really. Miami or Chicago) would've been a match made in heaven

He may be Joey Harrington in Cleveland. I don't see it working out for him. I think he's going to get beat up, frustrated, lose a lot. I mean Cincy, Baltimore and Pitt are legitimate formidable football programs and they have kicked around Cleveland for a long long time. I'm not sold that this rebuild will magically work for Cleveland.

It's sure looking like Rosen now and I think he will start Day 1.

I see no reason why Cleveland lets this leak unless they want to spook the Jets into trading up.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I see no reason why Cleveland lets this leak unless they want to spook the Jets into trading up.  

I agree with you, but you have a lot of respected top NFL reporters totally buying into this. Now granted some haven't (Mayock) but Schefter seems to be thinking it's real and not a smokescreen.

Well it’s sure looking like Rosen or Allen will be there.  

It’s beginning to look that way.... thing is one of the really good defensive guys should be there too with Ward going so early to Cleveland. We REALLY need help at LB and in the secondary. Any QB we draft won’t be playing right away. Any guy we take on defense will start day one. But I think Rosen is gonna be the pick if he’s there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Browns taking anyone over Chubb is mind-boggling.  Looks like Rosen's gonna be the QB to fall.  Not even sure Miami takes him but who the hell knows, next three teams aren't taking a QB.

Arizona could still move up for Rosen.

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s beginning to look that way.... thing is one of the really good defensive guys should be there too with Ward going so early to Cleveland. We REALLY need help at LB and in the secondary. Any QB we draft won’t be playing right away. Any guy we take on defense will start day one. But I think Rosen is gonna be the pick if he’s there.

I mean, unless the linebacker we’re getting is the next Ray Lewis, I don’t know if it’s really the difference between the Dolphins being what they are and something that much better.  Apparently that guy was who the Bears drafted.  So at least Rosen would make things interesting.