2018 NFL Season

Daniel

I'm in shock. Stunned motionless shock

We got Darnold? I cannot fathom how the Giants didn't take him. This kind of luck, to a Jets fan is nonexistent. Tonight was Game 6 1986 for the Jets. I can't believe we got him!!

• Like 2

Curious what exactly got out about Rosen the last few days that caused him to fall? It has to be something

Miami would've been a fit and I'm glad he's not in the AFC East on the Dolphins or waiting in the wings in New England. And i'm elated the Bills went with Allen. Granted if he develops well and is coached up I will be eating my words bigtime but his red flags are scary

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Not sure if I believe it

Could be true cause Fitzpatrick was still on the board but yeah they probably aren't going to admit it now.

13 minutes ago, '7' said:

I'm in shock. Stunned motionless shock

We got Darnold? I cannot fathom how the Giants didn't take him. This kind of luck, to a Jets fan is nonexistent. Tonight was Game 6 1986 for the Jets. I can't believe we got him!!

Yeah I keep wondering if there's something we're missing about Darnold, then I remember it was the Browns and a 67-year old win now GM who passed on him.  I would have gladly taken Baker if Darnold went 1 but the Browns showed they're still the Browns passing on Chubb :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

He's a terrific player. I like him more than Jamal Adams who was very highly regarded last year and fell to us at 6

I can’t believe he was still there at 11. We got a steal. Such a versatile guy as well- can play either safety spot, can play corner- great pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it's sour grapes because we didn't draft him, but Josh Rosen's presser where he went on saying how he's going to make all those teams that didn't draft him pay (hint, a lot of those teams didn't need QBs) was really off-putting.  One of the espn guys -- not Kiper or McShay -- was spot on when he commented that his new teammates don't care about him feeling slighted and that his talk is really cheap.  Perhaps it won't matter all that much, but still.

I don't pretend to know anything about college football or really know any of the guys coming into the draft, but as a Bills fan I'm really happy we ended up with Josh Allen. I have no knowledge or any opinion on how he stacks up to other 4 QB's at the top, but I'm hopeful we finally have our guy that we've basically been missing Jim Kelly. Drew Bledsoe was good for a little while and I was a Tyrod fan, but that's basically all we've had. Hopefully Allen is a step in the right direction at QB for us and not just another EJ Manuel.

14 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

I don't pretend to know anything about college football or really know any of the guys coming into the draft, but as a Bills fan I'm really happy we ended up with Josh Allen. I have no knowledge or any opinion on how he stacks up to other 4 QB's at the top, but I'm hopeful we finally have our guy that we've basically been missing Jim Kelly. Drew Bledsoe was good for a little while and I was a Tyrod fan, but that's basically all we've had. Hopefully Allen is a step in the right direction at QB for us and not just another EJ Manuel.

If they could change the rules so that he could play the Dolphins every game, Tyrod would go down as the greatest QB in NFL history.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redruM said:

So happy about the Darnold pick, Seems like its been over a year since Jets fans started the Suck for Sam mantra!

This was really amazing. I still remember that Yankee game where some fan shows up in a Darnold Jets jersey that went viral. But so many little things had to fall in place after (including other teams stupidity)

And they all did. 

I think Mayfield would've worked out here as well but something went on behind the scenes there that we don't know about. Darnold was their guy. He was the best quarterback in the draft.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Maybe it's sour grapes because we didn't draft him, but Josh Rosen's presser where he went on saying how he's going to make all those teams that didn't draft him pay (hint, a lot of those teams didn't need QBs) was really off-putting.  One of the espn guys -- not Kiper or McShay -- was spot on when he commented that his new teammates don't care about him feeling slighted and that his talk is really cheap.  Perhaps it won't matter all that much, but still.

I still remember those exact words uttered by...Geno Smith. Granted you can't really compare the two but you hear a lot of "I'm going to make the teams that passed on me regret it" talk from a bunch of cocky young kids and very rarely does it actually happen.

I think Miami should've moved to take Rosen but there was something there for some teams that put Rosen in the Allen box late (the do not draft bin) I'm not sure what it was but could've been something behind the scenes or a medical report. Or maybe it's just his personality and outspokenness. A lot of these owners just didn't want him as the face of their franchise.

Edited by '7'

16 hours ago, '7' said:

He's a terrific player. I like him more than Jamal Adams who was very highly regarded last year and fell to us at 6

Jamal is a nice player but I absolutely hate taking safeties in the first slower than 4.6

Cant wait for Eli to start throwing balls up for grabs, horrible move by gettelman, but thanks giants

so freaken happy with darnold, this doesnt happen to the jets

Rosen will be fantastic in AZ, teams will kick themselves for passing.. and lamar will be a decent pro!

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

I actually kinda like his brashness. I'm sure some teammates won't. I was hoping the Jets would get him or Mayfield. It'll be interesting to see who's a star and who's a bust a few years from now.

On 4/26/2018 at 7:03 PM, MadDog2020 said:

Fitz is a Jersey kid too, from Old Bridge.

I went to HS with his Dad and uncles. Great player, even better young man.

Dolphins got just the player they need. Minkah can change the culture of that franchise.

• Like 1

As for a recap of the Buffalo draft: I admit at first I wasn't pleased. Most of this was from just a general lack of watching Josh Allen. I can see why the Bills like him, and why Arizona's FIRST choice was to move to 5 for Josh Allen and Arizona settled for Rosen.

Allen could go bust, but can't they all? Bills just need to be patient with Allen and give him the tools to succeed.

Buffalo getting Tremaine Edwards at 16 for me was a theft. And Harrison Phillips at DT is basically Kyle Williams JR.

Great Bills draft, Sabres get Dahlin, what in the world is going on around here??!?

On 4/27/2018 at 1:03 PM, Jerrydevil said:

I actually kinda like his brashness. I'm sure some teammates won't. I was hoping the Jets would get him or Mayfield. It'll be interesting to see who's a star and who's a bust a few years from now.

Jets getting Darnold UGH. I hope Giants fans can live with making the Jets great and passing on Darnold for a RB.

I went to HS with his Dad and uncles. Great player, even better young man.

Dolphins got just the player they need. Minkah can change the culture of that franchise.

That’s great to hear LOTCB, music to my ears. I was watching a pre-draft appearance Ray Lewis made on Colin Cowheard’s show from back in March and he said the same thing about Minkah- called him a ‘culture changer’. I really hope that’s true, because we’ve needed a new culture in that building for about 20 years. The other cool thing is Minkah went to the same high school as my grandfather, St. Peter’s Prep in Jersey City.

Jets getting Darnold UGH. I hope Giants fans can live with making the Jets great and passing on Darnold for a RB.

Hopefully Darnold is Browning Neagle. [emoji14]

• Haha 1