2018 NFL Season

Daniel

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but Gordon in the Patriots hands is a dangerous weapon. And they absolutely needed him. Wasted no time in getting that talent in there.

Not sure what to expect but I would lean towards this working out for them.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

You would be correct, sir.

Yeah had a feeling.  Like MD2020 said, fills a need (of course they could've just kept Brandin Cooks, but on occasion BB insists on outsmarting himself), and it didn't cost them much of anything...a conditional 5th-rounder is going the other way.  I'm sure yesterday's loss added to the urgency of trying to do something...looks like the defense will be its usual iffy self, which means Brady and Co will be counted on to score a bunch (as they always are).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Gordon with Brady could be very very dangerous. Let's Be honest no receiver in the league in their prime may be in history except for Randy moss would put up the numbers Josh Gordon did with those sh!ty a** quarterbacks.  The dude has some of the best talent in the entire world.  Needs to get his head out of his a**

Remember Belichick coached Lawrence Taylor and a lot of other guys who had really bad ongoing issues. Some guys you just get rid of because they're replaceable. Others talents are so great that you just look the other way. Maybe Gordon doesn't get his act together, but they may tolerate it as long as he shows up on time  and doesn't get suspended

4 hours ago, CarterforPresident said:

Gordon with Brady could be very very dangerous. Let's Be honest no receiver in the league in their prime may be in history except for Randy moss would put up the numbers Josh Gordon did with those sh!ty a** quarterbacks.  The dude has some of the best talent in the entire world.  Needs to get his head out of his a**

Still think they should've just kept Cooks...all they've done is try to address a big need with a complete wild card, and it's not like Gordon isn't going to need time to pick up the offense.  If Cooks is still there, this never even comes up.  I get making the move given the price, but it didn't have to come to this. 

• Like 1

Feels like the Pats run is finally coming to an end.  They've had brutal games early in seasons before, but this one feels different.  Lots of chatter about how BB and Tom Brady are more sick of each other than ever.  BB dealing Cooks and outsmarting himself one too many times isn't helping.  I have no complaints...it was an incredible run.  Maybe they somehow get this thing righted one more time.  But it's really not looking good.

Maybe the Jets weren't kidding about knowing the Lions' signals...the Jets have been horrible since that game while the Lions have been vastly improved :P

re: the Pats, even if they somehow lose this game they have a three-game homestand coming up then at Chicago and at Buffalo...I can't see them losing any more than one game in that stretch, even with a couple of tough ones at home (Miami, KC).  The Miami game's gonna loom bigger with a loss tonight though.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Actually quite miraculous that the Pats are only down by 10.  They really shouldn't be in this.

And now 3.  Lions really have to find a way to pick things back up.  This would be a brutal loss for them...they fully had this game in their grasp.

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

They’ll win

You were saying?  

We'll see if the NE D has a stop in them.  They sure didn't the last drive.

13 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

This is still all set up for 24-23 :P

Nope

9 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Wow Detroit really hadn't had a 100-yard rusher in 4.5 years? :lol:

And of course I have him on my fantasy team and of course I benched him for Burkhead.  Yesterday was just a great Sunday, truly. 

8 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Guess this is the annual Pats' September stinker but man next week's pretty damn important to not fall behind by three games, even this early.

Problem is this was back-to-back stinkers.  When the Pats made it 13-10, if this was a different season, they probably find a way to keep the Lions off the scoreboard, then win by 10+ points, and everyone's laughing about the supposed demise of the Patriots.  But it feels like this is all about to fall apart...and if the QB and HC are truly that unhappy with each other, that sure isn't going to help.

Two big keys to starting to turning this around:  find a way to beat the Dolphins this Sunday, and make Edelman and Gordon become big-time contributors as soon as they're in the lineup.  I never expect much from the Pats' D, so it never surprises me when they're shaky.  But the Brady and the offense has almost always found a way to produce, no matter what.  If they don't, this will very quickly become a "Wow who thought the Pats could've fallen so far so fast?!" kind of season in a hurry (and as we've all seen many times, a lot of times no one sees a season like that coming...especially when the team has been successful for a long time, and the biggest names are still there). 

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And of course I have him on my fantasy team and of course I benched him for Burkhead.  Yesterday was just a great Sunday, truly. 

Problem is this was back-to-back stinkers.  When the Pats made it 13-10, if this was a different season, they probably find a way to keep the Lions off the scoreboard, then win by 10+ points, and everyone's laughing about the supposed demise of the Patriots.  But it feels like this is all about to fall apart...and if the QB and HC are truly that unhappy with each other, that sure isn't going to help.

Two big keys to starting to turning this around:  find a way to beat the Dolphins this Sunday, and make Edelman and Gordon become big-time contributors as soon as they're in the lineup.  I never expect much from the Pats' D, so it never surprises me when they're shaky.  But the Brady and the offense has almost always found a way to produce, no matter what.  If they don't, this will very quickly become a "Wow who thought the Pats could've fallen so far so fast?!" kind of season in a hurry (and as we've all seen many times, a lot of times no one sees a season like that coming...especially when the team has been successful for a long time, and the biggest names are still there). 

I won’t buy that the Patriots are ACTUALLY falling apart until they actually fall apart. This happens every September. I’m hoping for the best, but I’m still expecting for us to get our asses kicked up there on Sunday, like we always do. 

Edited by MadDog2020

This happens nearly every year for the patriots to have 1 or 2 games where they look like utter garbage.  Even on this season's the patriots dominate is usually a game like this and usually a game where Brady looks like not even a competent NFL QB, Like yesterday.   But they always turn things around and everyone expects them to because they literally do, The next 2 weeks will tell if this story is true or really they are falling part

It's not over for the Patriots. Much like the end of last season/start of playoffs where that Belichick/Brady divorce rumors surfaced the Patriots essentially have us right where they want them. They will use this to circle the wagons. Remember they have Gordon. Edelman is coming back. It's nuts to think this is the death knell. It's really not

36 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I won’t buy that the Patriots are ACTUALLY  falling apart until they actually fall apart. This happens every September. I’m hoping for the best, but I’m still expecting for us to get our asses kicked up there on Sunday, like we always do. 

But like I said, usually after said September stinker, they pull it together for the next game.  That didn't happen this time, not even close. 

I think this week's game against the Dolphins will be the one that dictates how the season's going to go...this 3-game homestand, really.  Pats gotta win at least two.  Six of their next eight games are on the road after that. 

I'm hoping for the best too obviously, but let's face it, as we've seen with just about every extended run of success, it eventually comes crashing down, and it's not always a slow burn (just ask the 1965 Yankees, the 1999 49ers, etc)...if anything, this Pats run has already lasted longer than anyone had any right to expect...Brady's friggin' 41 years old and has been the Pats' starting QB since September 2001.  It's a real testament to him and his team that we can even still talk about him and the Pats getting back on track and not factor in his age at all...I'm hoping for a full team bounceback, but the balance of the last two games definitely have me wondering HARD. 

11 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Wow Detroit really hadn't had a 100-yard rusher in 4.5 years? :lol:

Not like 100 in a game is a difficult feat to pull off. Just goes to show how Stafford reliant they've been. 

Was really shocked at that stat as well. That's almost deGrom lack of wins level weird. A bunch of teams have had QB's run for 100 in a game since the Lions I bet.