2018 NFL Season

Daniel

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Meh. They’re different flavors of mediocre then. Tannehill isn’t a clear upgrade, so I highly doubt Dallas entertains the thought. 

Last night's win obviously helped Dak's case.  But if they finish under .500, I can see them making a switch.  But yeah, I guess if they do it, it'll only be if the Dolphins cut Tannehill and they can have him compete for the starting job. 

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel said:

Last night's win obviously helped Dak's case.  But if they finish under .500, I can see them making a switch.  But yeah, I guess if they do it, it'll only be if the Dolphins cut Tannehill and they can have him compete for the starting job. 

I mean Jerry Jones gave up a 1 for Amari Cooper, and we know what a loon he is... but I just can’t see it. I think Dak is their guy. 

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I mean Jerry Jones gave up a 1 for Amari Cooper, and we know what a loon he is... but I just can’t see it. I think Dak is their guy. 

But don't forget that Tannehill is a Texas guy.  Although half the QBs in the league are, lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beezer34 said:

In who can be undoubtedly viewed as “The Greatest Journeyman of All-Time” -Brandon Marshall is on route to his 7th team over the last 9 years, signing with the Saints.

He’ll finally get to play in the playoffs, assuming he too doesn’t snap his ACL before that....

Edited by MadDog2020

On 11/11/2018 at 9:45 PM, Daniel said:

Wonder if Dallas would trade for Tannehill?  Don’t know if their cap situation would permit it, but he’d be a good fit there I think.  

You know I think he would do ok there if Dallas were to move on from Dak (and I think they should, just not a huge believer in him)

But because it's Dallas I think his replacement will come through a draft splash move in 2020 or they'll obtain a higher profile QB than Tannehill

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

Another Roger PR mess that could seemingly only happen with the NFL, one of their marquee games and a MNF one no less is possibly going to be canceled because the field in MEXICO CITY sucks.

I don't blame these guys if they're being dragged to another country the least the NFL could do is make sure the field is in perfect condition. Injuries are so prevalent in the league. Hamstring, tears, high ankle sprains etc. Can you imagine suffering a torn ACL or MCL because the league who is forcing you to go on this trip you want nothing to do with, can't even provide a safe playing surface? Is this so damn important to the NFL?

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

See the source image

YIKES

Christ, this looks like an old ashtray

Roger I'm sure will tell us everything's fine.  Because that seems to be his MO...us little people don't know what we're really seeing at all.  Arrogant prick. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Worst commissioner in the history of sports AINEC.

Well, they moved the game back to LA.  Frankly I don’t see the point of playing a game in a borderline third world country in the first place, but what do I know.

As for Goodell, he’s made the owners much richer than they were and manages to beat the crap out of the players union come CBA negotiation time.  So he’s going to be around for a long time still to come.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Daniel said:

Well, they moved the game back to LA.  Frankly I don’t see the point of playing a game in a borderline third world country in the first place, but what do I know.

As for Goodell, he’s made the owners much richer than they were and manages to beat the crap out of the players union come CBA negotiation time.  So he’s going to be around for a long time still to come.

The owners making more money has nothing to do with that fvcking dolt. You or I could be commissioner and the NFL would still print money. And the NFLPA is the weakest union in America. Beating up on them isn’t hard at all. Tagliabue and Rozelle routinely abused them too. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 6:54 PM, Daniel said:

Not a single player or coach or anybody who actually works in these franchises (quality control etc) are happy with all the preparations and just the entire cumbersome process that is preparing to play an international game in Mexico. The usual road game routine, difficult enough as is, definitely gets knocked on its side.

Edited by '7'

4 hours ago, '7' said:

Not a single player or coach or anybody who actually works in these franchises (quality control etc) are happy with all the preparations and just the entire cumbersome process that is preparing to play an international game in Mexico. The usual road game routine, difficult enough as is, definitely gets knocked on its side.

I get playing games in London, and would even get trying to play games in China. I just don't really see the point in playing Mexico.  I guess it's not an enormous hassle to the players so far as travel, but lets call a spade a spade and realize that even under the best case scenario, the amount of extra money that goes in the owners pocket as a result of it might end up buying each of them a nice evening out in the city.    Thus cancelling the game pretty quickly as a result of the field conditions. 

2 hours ago, '7' said:

Supposedly this report about the Browns being interested in Condoleezza Rice was...not a joke?

I mean it has to be.  Francesa was right this makes a mockery of the entire league.

It's the Browns lol...this is the same joke organization that hired DiPodesta from baseball to run a football team.

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It's the Browns lol...this is the same joke organization that hired DiPodesta from baseball to run a football team.

Forgot about that. And he's still kicking around somewhere with the Browns apparently. Just not sure what he's doing, whatever it is the role is not especially visible

On 11/12/2018 at 4:33 PM, Beezer34 said:

In who can be undoubtedly viewed as “The Greatest Journeyman of All-Time” -Brandon Marshall is on route to his 7th team over the last 9 years, signing with the Saints.

Competing at this.. is the man known as "Sanchize" heading to his 6th team since 2013.

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I feel horrible for Alex Smith.... and on the 33 year anniversary of Theismann to boot. His career could be over.

Talk about star-crossed, the guy basically gets thrown over by two organizations for younger, more dynamic QB's despite going 10-6 frequently, finally seemingly finds a home in his third organization and now this happens, and with Theismann in the building to boot.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Wild wild game. Defenses really have no chance and that's exactly how the NFL wants it. But credit these two QB's who are just make incredible throws and are very entertaining to watch. And you've got two head coaches who understand how to win in the modern NFL and are not afraid to take chances.. It is full throttle take no prisoners offense. And when the offense sputters the refs will start throwing those flags to extend drives.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...