Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

2018 NFL Season

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Holy sh!t

 

Wooooow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. This is a big part of their offense that they're jettisoning. But when you do what he did, and lie about it you have to go. There was no future for him in Kansas City anymore

And who benefits from this the most? The New England Patriots

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I do wonder about the timing of this video coming out now since clearly it existed before.  But be that as it may, you know multiple teams are claiming him.  Frankly I wouldn't be shocked if we wound up with him, especially with all the other clowns on this roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:30 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

Yeah I do wonder about the timing of this video coming out now since clearly it existed before.  But be that as it may, you know multiple teams are claiming him.  Frankly I wouldn't be shocked if we wound up with him, especially with all the other clowns on this roster.

I'm not so sure about the bolded...the video was bad enough that he could be an extremely unwelcome distraction should anyone try to claim him.  The NFL really needs to suspend Hunt for a full season (and the NFLPA better not file a grievance or pull any crap...if THEY care about domestic violence, then they'll let the league make a legit example of out of Hunt).

Having seen the video, the part that truly makes Hunt look really REALLY bad is the end...the woman is down (due to bumping her head on the wall and looking as though she might be dazed as a result), and is clearly no longer an aggressor in any way at that point (though this has predictably been downplayed, this was not the case earlier in the video, when she could have easily walked away and notified security, after Hunt shoved her...instead, she chose to go after him and slapped him).  Hunt literally kicks her when she is down, when she is pretty much defenseless and is clearly not going to come after him again...that's the most damning part of the video, and that's the reason Hunt deserved to lose his job and shouldn't be able to play in the NFL for all of next season.  And even then, he needs to do a HELL of a lot of positive PR and truly show that he's genuinely become a changed man before any team should even think about giving him another chance.  And if every team should decide he's not worth the trouble and passes on him, so be it...too bad.  Though the woman is no innocent damsel-in-distress earlier on (not saying Hunt's actions are excusable there either, but initially, she made some poor choices too, and played a role in the situation escalating), there is absolutely NO way to defend Hunt viciously kicking her while she was on the floor and likely disoriented...that was not an act of self-defense.  That was as ugly as it gets.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, '7' said:

Wow. This is a big part of their offense that they're jettisoning. But when you do what he did, and lie about it you have to go. There was no future for him in Kansas City anymore

And who benefits from this the most? The New England Patriots

Sadly, they might.  Not sure what this does to the Chiefs on the field, but off the field, they're going to lose a lot of appeal.  I get people getting sick of the Patriots, the same way some people get sick of the Yankees and other successful teams.  But I think the Chiefs (with their uber-dynamic young QB) were a team a lot of people could get behind, as a team that could not only topple NE in a playoff game, but win a Super Bowl themselves.  Maybe the fact that they released Hunt means that they'll retain that "Sink the Pats" appeal...but of course, now everyone will wonder how much KC truly knew about this incident, and if the franchise (or the NFL) was hoping it would all just go away. 

On the field, like I said, not sure how it affects them.  They still have a hell of a lot of talent, and you never know what will galvanize a team (or derail it). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yeah I do wonder about the timing of this video coming out now since clearly it existed before.  But be that as it may, you know multiple teams are claiming him.  Frankly I wouldn't be shocked if we wound up with him, especially with all the other clowns on this roster.

It would be tough to accept this guy as a Jet, but his talent is undeniable. And Hunt/Crowell/McGuire would mean we don't have to use a mid round pick next season on another RB or a need to sign Bell (I'm thinking Powell is finished, either overall or just as a Jet)

But it wouldn't shock me with Mac and the ownership. We had Vick. Robby Anderson is still on this team. Still would rather stay away. He's getting suspended and I don't want the bad PR

Edited by '7'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GB gives MM the boot. About time to. Was always extremely over rated. Seems the fans have started feeling that the last few years themselves from what I have been reading. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CarterforPresident said:

GB gives MM the boot. About time to. Was always extremely over rated. Seems the fans have started feeling that the last few years themselves from what I have been reading. 

I don't think he's a bad coach but things certainly get easier when Rodgers is your QB, and you are a part of an organization that always drafts, develops, and churns out top home grown talent. And perhaps he has a big hand in that, who knows. I'm conflicted on how McCarthy would do outside of Green Bay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, '7' said:

I don't think he's a bad coach but things certainly get easier when Rodgers is your QB, and you are a part of an organization that always drafts, develops, and churns out top home grown talent. And perhaps he has a big hand in that, who knows. I'm conflicted on how McCarthy would do outside of Green Bay.

Same here. I don't think he's a bad coach, just at this time, the team needs a change. Well, a couple years to late, but at least it's happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CarterforPresident said:

Same here. I don't think he's a bad coach, just at this time, the team needs a change. Well, a couple years to late, but at least it's happening.

Curious who's at the top of the Packers list. I don't like McDaniels for them. Riley and DeFilippo and Riley would probably be the best fits. I'm not so sure Riley is leaving college this year. And I feel if he goes anywhere it will be Dallas but it doesn't look like Garrett is going anywhere this year at least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, '7' said:

Curious who's at the top of the Packers list. I don't like McDaniels for them. Riley and DeFilippo and Riley would probably be the best fits. I'm not so sure Riley is leaving college this year. And I feel if he goes anywhere it will be Dallas but it doesn't look like Garrett is going anywhere this year at least

Interesting that Urban Meyer ‘retired’ again about five minutes after the opportunity to coach Aaron Rodgers opened up....

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Interesting that Urban Meyer ‘retired’ again about five minutes after the opportunity to coach Aaron Rodgers opened up....

He's obviously going to be disappointed as Philbin is a real candidate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He's obviously going to be disappointed as Philbin is a real candidate.

No he isn’t. I have a better shot at the job than Professor Queesy does lol.

Edited by MadDog2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

No he isn’t. I have a better shot at the job than Professor Queesy does lol.

/sarcasm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

/sarcasm

Bah. My bad lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy sh!tballs lol...and Ian making this call adds to it

 

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Banner day for the Genius' defense.  And people wonder why I don't trust them EVER.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get why they had Gronk out on defense for that play, Tannehill wasn't throwing the ball 70 yards on a bad wheel to knock down a Hail Mary.  Of course it was Gronk that looked like a broken down offensive lineman on that play as Drake sped on by him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BB's smarter than everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was about as flukeish as it comes. These things happen sometimes. Just some random bizarre ending. Credit Miami for executing the play well. This seemed like one of those games where teams trade haymakers. Miami didn't even really run all that many offensive plays but were always picking up big chunks of yardage when they had the ball. 20 yards, 20 yards, 18 yards etc. 

Now everybody will dump on and laugh at New England, and this will play right into their hands. They bounce back and regroup and they love the whole us vs them narrative.

Edited by '7'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Holy sh!tballs lol...and Ian making this call adds to it

 

Absolutely incredible!!! I think my neighbors thought I was fit for a strait jacket I was screaming so loud!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I don't get why Gronkowski was on the field there. You do sometimes see tall/speedy receivers on the field in situations like that. But I don't get why you're putting a banged up TE back there. Turns out he had to make a play...Gronkowski does a lot of things really really well but he's not closing on an RB in that situation. Heck most NFL linebackers which are smaller and quicker than Gronk would not make that play either.

Very strange. But I'm still trying to figure out why Malcolm Butler wasn't in the Super Bowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, '7' said:

But I'm still trying to figure out why Malcolm Butler wasn't in the Super Bowl

That’s a mystery on the level of Jimmy Hoffa or whatever the fvck Andy Greene was thinking last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.