GDT: Devils @ Kings 3/17/18 4:00 PM EST

nessus

17 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i love how the negative whiners are nowhere to be found during these games lol

I work a ton, so I have little time to watch games or comment about them, but when I do comment, it is usually negative and I have buried this team.

I have eaten crow and I said that I won't condemn them anymore. Let things play out.

I called myself out for being a pompous Negative Nancy. I don't the other Negative Nancy's will do that.

RECAP

• The game today was a perfect example as to why the Devils can be dangerous in the playoffs if they make it.
  • Too many penalties though, and really skewed the possession numbers.
  • Possession numbers don't really tell the story for this game albeit still you never want to allow as many shot attempts as they did tonight.
  • Kinkaid has been great for these past 10 games he's played, but I'd give the net to Cory tomorrow.
  • Devils are currently 9th in 5 on 5 goal scoring, so despite what people think Taylor Hall is not the only offense this team has.

GOALIE RECAP

• N/A

POSSESSION

• ES CF:  41 to 60
  • ES FF: 32 to 46
  • ES SF: 20 to 26
  • ES SCF: 19 to 27
  • ES HDCF: 10 to 8
  • All CF: 56 to 86
  • All FF: 43 to 64
  • All SF: 28 to 38
  • All SCF: 28 to 41
  • All HDCF: 16 to 13

SCORE AND VENUE ADJUSTED POSSESSION

• CF: 44.59 to 45.27
  • FF: 33.87 to 34.35
  • SF: 21.4 to 18.51
  • SCF: 21.92 to 20.71
  • HDCF: 11.64 to 4.29
  • Like 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

if we go with Cory... there's HUGE pressure on him to bounce. HUGE. For the team and for himself

Honestly it’ll show you what Cory is made of. If he wants to even try to keep his job (unless it’s already lost),  he’s got to stand on his head.

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Honestly it’ll show you what Cory is made of. If he wants to even try to keep his job (unless it’s already lost),  he’s got to stand on his head.

It's already lost but it's still a huge game for him cause he needs to keep some credibility with the fans and the team.  He's not going anywhere next year with his contract.

Just to repeat what's happened of late, the Devils were losing to sh!tty teams, then beat Nashville in Nashville breaking the longest winning streak in the NHL this season, beat Vegas 8-3 in Vegas when no one had even beat them by four at home previously, and then shut out the Kings in L.A.

Okay then.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

if we go with Cory... there's HUGE pressure on him to bounce. HUGE. For the team and for himself

There should be less pressure on the team knowing their #1 is in the net in theory. All the pressure should be on Cory and if he can't raise his game for that then Shero will be looking at goal keepers in the off season.

Kind of game where everyone on the Kings is saying "How in fvck did we not score one friggin' goal tonight?!"

Breaks are all going the Devils' way at the moment and KK's made a lot of saves to go with some good fortune.  Considering that the Devils have had their share of rotten luck too, I'll take it happily and without apology.  

Glad it's starting to go Grabs' way.  Keep 'em comin'!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Breaks are all going the Devils' way at the moment and KK's made a lot of saves to go with some good fortune.  Considering that the Devils have had their share of rotten luck too, I'll take it happily and without apology.  

There’s obviously a league-wide conspiracy in favor of the Devils. 

• Haha 1