GDT: Devils @ SJ 10:30 PM

MadDog2020

Look regardless of who it is in net, if the team is playing better in front of one and not the other, as much as I’m cringing typing it, you go with the one they play hard for.

and for fvcks sake get a goddamn sports psychologist to this team cause fault or not, the amount of 3+ goal games Cory has allowed is clearly becoming a mental trend

6 minutes ago, devlman said:

They're fvcking leaving the poor guy out to dry. Can't pin this all on him.

I guess making a big and maybe even a huge save or two to pick your team up is entirely out of the question.  The rest of the team has been able to win a few of their last 11 games. 

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

Yes he is. Both stoppable. How many excuses can you make for this turd? Lundqvist stops those all day

I fully understand your Cory hate, but face facts................ this team is getting thoroughly dominated right now. No way around it.

Just now, titans04 said:

I guess making a big and maybe even a huge save or two to pick your team up is entirely out of the question.  The rest of the team has been able to win a few of their last 11 games. 

Yeah a big save would be nice. Guess we'd look like absolute garbage but down 2-1, instead of 3-1. I'd still be pissed at the effort this team is giving.

11 minutes ago, '7' said:

Yes he is. Both stoppable. How many excuses can you make for this turd? Lundqvist stops those all day

Don't be a jackass, Pavelski 3 inches in front of you, while the nearest Devils defenseman is 10 feet away, and getting a tip on a nice shot, that's going to go in most of the time.

Cory is sucking right now, but we don't need to exaggerate it for dramatic effect. The defensive effort this 1st period has been one of our worst all season, and Cory doesn't look good; both things can be and are true.

Edited by DJ Eco

This was a team effort.  

That being said, I yank Cory and give KK the final two periods.  Even thought I don't think the goals were all on Cory, he just looks very shaky and unsure.  I roll the dice with a goalie change tonight.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Everyone says “oh the Devils don’t play well for Schneider”. Didn’t the kings just two games ago PUNK on the Devils first period? Shots were like, 19-3 after one? And what was the score? 

Cory may find his game again. I doubt it, but MAF can do it and Queen can do it maybe he can. But it won’t be this season, and he can’t see a game between the pipes again. 

He cashed his check and now he sucks. It’s a tale as old as time. 

Go Yanks. 

All 19 of them must be pumped

That many???

Most fans here before the road trip: "it would be a miracle and highly unlikely but we NEED to get at least 6 pts during that trip"

* Devils win first 3 games and get 6 pts * POW. DONE. Against 2 of the top 4 teams in the league too.

Same fans: "fvck yeah!"

* Devils lose the last 2 *

Same fans: "fvck this team. Hall will leave town and burn the whole city and kill Shero's dog!!!"

"yeahh they got 6 pts like i wanted by what don't you understand that my expectations channnnnged?!?"

some fans here are absolutely absurd and entitled to a point i can't even understand

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Everyone says “oh the Devils don’t play well for Schneider”. Didn’t the kings just two games ago PUNK on the Devils first period? Shots were like, 19-3 after one? And what was the score? 

Cory may find his game again. I doubt it, but MAF can do it and Queen can do it maybe he can. But it won’t be this season, and he can’t see a game between the pipes again. 

He cashed his check and now he sucks. It’s a tale as old as time. 

Go Yanks. 

All 19 of them must be pumped

If you think a goalie, especially one as below average as KK, stonewalling 19 shots in a period is the norm then you're setting yourself up for disappointment. 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This was a team effort.  

That being said, I yank Cory and give KK the final two periods.  Even thought I don't think the goals were all on Cory, he just looks very shaky and unsure.  I roll the dice with a goalie change tonight.

I say fvck you to the skaters and take away any excuse they think they can have by keeping Cory in.

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Most fans here before the road trip: "it would be a miracle and highly unlikely but we NEED to get at least 6 pts during that trip"

* Devils win first 3 games and get 6 pts * POW. DONE. Against 2 of the top 4 teams in the league too.

Same fans: "fvck this team. Hall will leave town and burn the whole city and kill Shero's dog!!!"

"yeahh they got 6 pts like i wanted by what don't you understand that my expectations channnnnged?!?"

some fans here are absolutely absurd and entitled to a point i can't even understand

I think it is what is happening around the Devils that has the fan base up in arms.

Florida and Columbus are steamrolling and the Devils continue to just plod along win 3, lose 3..... win 2, lose 2......... win 4, lose 4.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Not sure why anyone would be upset with Shero? He’s stuck with the ginger at top money to no fault of his own. 

It's maddening to think that he played great in his early years when the team sucked and prevented them from getting a high pick and now the team gets competitive and he is completely choking when they should be getting a playoff spot. 

I think it is what is happening around the Devils that has the fan base up in arms.
Florida and Columbus are steamrolling and the Devils continue to just plod along win 3, lose 3..... win 2, lose 2......... win 4, lose 4.

It's pretty frustrating that these other teams literally never fvcking lose....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Three in the first period. Impressive Cory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As little confidence as I had in him going in, this exceeded my worst nightmare.  

If they dare play him on Saturday at home he's gonna get booed the way Tom Glavine got booed after Game #162 in 2007.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I think there would be a lot less freaking out if there had been some out-of-town help tonight.

That being said, still 40 mins left, hopefully they can somehow get back into this one.  I still think you swap goalies, especially since there's two days off after tonight.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think there would be a lot less freaking out if there had been some out-of-town help tonight.

That being said, still 40 mins left, hopefully they can somehow get back into this one.  I still think you swap goalies, especially since there's two days off after tonight.

yup, if you are losing ground to the teams you are competing with for the playoffs you are going to be on edge.

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Not sure why anyone would be upset with Shero? He’s stuck with the ginger at top money to no fault of his own. 

Devils needed a top defenseman to make the playoffs. I said that at the deadline.

No fault he couldn’t get one as he’d have to overp..but don’t think he should have went after 2 rental forwards. Needed much more than that to truly be competitive 

oh well.