GDT: Devils @ SJ 10:30 PM

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, DJ Eco said:

Do we just not cover the player screening our goalie on power plays anymore? Is that how we're drawing up our penalty kill these days? What the fvck was that?

Holy crap, watch the replays on that 6th SJ goal, our penalty kill strategy is literally to let the player screening our goalie do whatever he wants. 

This isn't even bad coverage, this looks like it's by design?......

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

The only reason I'm still up and watching is because I'll be home tomorrow because of the snow lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here.  

Someone tell Deb that MacDonald is a 25-year-old AHLer.  Not saying he'll never see the NHL, but stop making it sound like he's this big-time prospect.

• Like 3

Just now, slasher72 said:

No defense, no goalie, no scoring, no nuttin' . As for Lou...if he ever comes back looking to GM this team he should be handcuffed at Newark Penn Station, thrown in a wooden crate, and airmailed back to Canada. 

Nothing can be done about those awful and costly LL contracts,  unfortunately, the John Carlson FA win will take another Jackpot contract.

What's crystal clear now is that we need to root for a Columbus win in regulation against Florida Thursday night now. Which means red hot Columbus, who can't lose when we actually need them to and has won eight in a row, will of course lose.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

What's crystal clear now is that we need to root for a Columbus win in regulation against Florida Thursday night now. Which means red hot Columbus, who can't lose when we actually need them to and has won eight in a row, will of course lose.

100%. Florida will win in OT and snap Columbus' win streak without a doubt.

Edited by DJ Eco

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

they actually won 9 in a row

Just now, hit the post said:

How long should a rebuild take ? Haven't we gone long enough ? 

This is why people need to be careful what they beg for, and they begged for a rebuild for the longest time.  But it isn't exactly a given you get out of it once you're in the vortex of suck.

5 minutes ago, hit the post said:

This team was such a mess and in 5 years is in a middle of a playoff run and has more than 20 mill in cap space next year. People need to calm down my god

Edited by fsu1852
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hit the post said:

It didn't really start until Shero took over.  The general feeling going into this season is that the team wasn't ready to contend.  Even if the Devils don't make the playoffs, they still had a year that exceeded expectations.  

Doesn't mean that not getting in won't be a serious bummer.  Still crossing my fingers.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, hit the post said:

With the gift of hindsight - we've kinda royally fvcked the rebuild with the way this season has played out.

I mean, not really.  We still have a ton of young talent and the future should hopefully be bright.

But I look forward to grabbing an average prospect at 15 O/A and not seeing him in the NHL for at least 3-4 years.  Shame we won't be in a position to grab a good prospect in this good draft.

Also a shame we ended up buying Maroon and Grabner.

Edited by Devilsfan118

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Bet everything you have on a Panthers OT/SO win. This is the most certain certainty in the world right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

With the gift of hindsight - we've kinda royally fvcked the rebuild with the way this season has played out.

I mean, not really.  We still have a ton of young talent and the future should hopefully be bright.

But I look forward to grabbing an average prospect at 15 O/A and not seeing him in the NHL for at least 3-4 years.  Shame we won't be in a position to grab a good prospect in this good draft.

Also a shame we ended up buying Maroon and Grabner.

Not to be argumentative but who's the ton of young talent outside of Nico, and maybe Bratt who's sh!t the bed for a while now. Butcher and his one goal is what 50?. Are they a sh!t ton better than the last few years, yes Hall makes them significantly better by himself. I think they are probably looking at a goalie issue that was certainly not a top priority or concern going into this season. 

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Not to be argumentative but who's the ton of young talent outside of Nico, and maybe Bratt who's sh!t the bed for a while now. Butcher and his one goal is what 50?. Are they a sh!t ton better than the last few years, yes Hall makes them significantly better by himself. I think they are probably looking at a goalie issue that was certainly not a top priority or concern going into this season. 

Young talent: Nico, Bratt, Boqvist, Butcher, McLeod, Anderson

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

This is why people need to be careful what they beg for, and they begged for a rebuild for the longest time.  But it isn't exactly a given you get out of it once you're in the vortex of suck.

You are way off-base on this one.  You saw progress made this season.  Team is still in a playoff spot with less than 10 games left...they may indeed not finish this off, but don't make it sound like this team is stuck in neutral.  There's reasons for optimism, and Shero will continue to be active.  

What did you prefer, more Band-Aids and iffy UFA signings?  Are you saying that Shero tearing things down was some kind of mistake?  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

This team needs a starting goalie in the worst way. Kk is an AHL'er playing over his head. Schneider is finished. This is 2 years in a row now with him. He's just collecting a masive paycheck at this point and doing little else. Shero has his work cut out for him 

Edited by slasher72