GDT: Devils vs Hurricanes - 27 Mar @ 7p Eastern

jagknife

I will be watching this one live as I am not working.

The only game this calendar year the Devils have won that I was able to watch live was the Montreal game. MONTREAL

If you guys believe in jinx's, someone will come and take me out so I won't be able to watch another game live ever again.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:48 PM, jagknife said:

At it again!!!

Huge weekend for the boys. Keep it freaking going!

KK playing out of his mind

Hallsy earning godlike status

Time to punish Carolina

LFGD!!!!!

PUNISH!

• Like 1

I was very surprised and of course thrilled at our performance on the road trip over the last week or two, as I'm sure everyone else was, and especially with Saturday's game back at home too, but as awesome as it was beating a bunch of those very good teams, I don't want us to have a let down and lose to these stupid Hurricanes.  We know we can beat them.  We should beat them.  So let's just beat them.

Keep it going Devils!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I was very surprised and of course thrilled at our performance on the road trip over the last week or two, as I'm sure everyone else was, and especially with Saturday's game back at home too, but as awesome as it was beating a bunch of those very good teams, I don't want us to have a let down and lose to these stupid Hurricanes.  We know we can beat them.  We should beat them.  So let's just beat them.

Keep it going Devils!

Obviously anything can happen in these games...but I'm always a fan of jumping on teams like this early on...try to break their spirit in the first and get them into "just wanting the game to be over" mode. 

Devils are getting them on the second night of a back-to-back as well, and the 'Canes have to travel to boot (they're home against the Sens tonight)...Devils will come in more rested.  So hopefully the Devils, like you say, just beat them.   

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Obviously anything can happen in these games...but I'm always a fan of jumping on teams like this early on...try to break their spirit in the first and get them into "just wanting the game to be over" mode. 

Devils are getting them on the second night of a back-to-back as well, and the 'Canes have to travel to boot (they're home against the Sens tonight)...Devils will come in more rested.  So hopefully the Devils, like you say, just beat them.   

Yep, I saw that earlier today too (them being on a back to back), so I hope and think that should play in our favor and prevent this from being one of those "trap" games.  

• Like 1

Oh, and just for the hell of mentioning it:

Nico has nine goals and nine assists in his last 21 GP (5 goals and 3 assists in his last 8 GP).  Gotta love it that he's producing when the team needs it most.

• Like 2

All the good work the Devils have done recently and we are still sweating bullets for a playoff spot.

This Canes game is the latest must win.

The Panthers continued torrid pace has put enormous pressure on the Devils tomorrow night.

Are the Devils up to the challenge of not letting down against a team not wearing Penguins jerseys tomorrow night?

5 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Hard to feel sorry for ourselves... had a few miserable stretches in the second half of the season. Didn’t we have a 7 game losing streak not so long ago? So yeah, “all the good work the Devils have done recently” sorta offsets all the miserable sh!t they’ve done before that.

The Devils started off 22-9-5, then went through a 2-7-3 skid (this was their worst slump of the season).  They're a respectable 15-12-0 since, and have some big wins against some tough teams in that stretch...and what they've managed to do in their last eight games has been terrific.  I think their overall record is pretty indicative of what they are, but I think it's impressive mostly because if someone had told us that Schneider would both be injured AND ineffective for all of 2018, and that Bratt's offense would completely disappear, and that MoJo would have missed most of the season, none of us would have expected the Devils to still be firmly in the playoff hunt.  But thanks to Hall, KK and some others stepping up (like Nico, Vatanen and Palms), here they are.  

• Like 2