GDT: Devils vs Pitt - 29 Mar @ 7p Eastern

jagknife

Big game again.  A win and we could essentially be tied with them, since we have a game in hand.  A loss basically puts them out of reach for the rest of the way.  We should get a good crowd for this one, and if we do, I think the building will once again be rocking.  We're starting to get some recognition around the league and I think the fans and even the other teams can feel it.  It almost feels like we're in that mode where we won't be denied.  

Keep riding the good vibes boys. 

Let's Go Devils.

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

The goalie decision should be simple:

"Keith, you feeling good?"

"Yep"

"Cool, you're starting"

"Niiiice"

Anything else, and Hynes is dumb...

I was just going to say the same thing.  My initial reaction after reading that was immediately "Goalie decision? What goalie decision?  There's nothing to decide.  Kinkaid is the starter.  Next item of business".

• Like 2

I was just going to say the same thing.  My initial reaction after reading that was immediately "Goalie decision? What goalie decision?  There's nothing to decide.  Kinkaid is the starter.  Next item of business".

That was my reaction too. And I'm honestly afraid Hynes will go to Cory now tomorrow, because Hynes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So not to get greedy, but a Devils win tonight combined with a Panthers loss would make the rest of the season a whole lot stressful for us.

I'm not going to use the word "guarantee", but we'd be in a pretty great spot going forward if things fall into place tonight.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I mean the only thing I can think of is Hynes took the second goal allowed as an indication the clock was about to strike midnight but that would be ignoring the last two periods when he shaped back up and stopped multiple breakaways.  Yeah I really don't get why there's even a discussion over who's starting.  The back-to-back this weekend is one thing but there's no way it should be anyone other than KK.

33 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So not to get greedy, but a Devils win tonight combined with a Panthers loss would make the rest of the season a whole lot stressful for us.

I'm not going to use the word "guarantee", but we'd be in a pretty great spot going forward if things fall into place tonight.

Sadly the other way around is a lot more feasible.  Well maybe I'd give us a 51% chance of sweeping the Pens, probably a 60-65% chance of getting at least one point but you can't really give the Panthers anything but a 99% chance against an Ottawa team that's been dispirited (understandably so) since the Karlsson family tragedy.