New York Mets 2018 season thread

NJDevs4978

1 hour ago, '7' said:

Just too many of these guys not hitting consistently this year (or at all) zilch from Flores, zilch from Conforto. Rosario has basically done nothing with the bat. The catchers spot is the blackest of black holes and not being addressed. Bruce needs to pick it up with the long ball. Frazier has like 1hr in his past 10 games

The problem is Sandy is fvcking ALLERGIC to signing guys who can actually HIT.  Of course the Mets don't ever get enough hits...when you keep loading up on low-BA hitters, this is what fvcking happens.  And of course Sandy isn't addressing needs in anything resembling an urgent matter.  HE NEVER DOES. 

Reyes hitting leadoff...LMFAO.  How long before the Mets can just release this total fvcking zilch?

And way to go on Vargas Sandy...way to strike out on yet another mid/low tier FA.  Do you EVER hit on these?  Thank god you signed him for TWO years pal.  Great resource management you completely unimaginative POS.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

24 minutes ago, '7' said:

Nightmarish 1st for Vargas puts the Mets down 3-0. Teheran on the hill for the Braves who dominates us in his good and bad years. Looking grim

The REAL Mets have shown up now...that complete 11-1 smoke-and-mirrors show was sure fun while it lasted, but Sandy's Sad Sacks are in full swing.  If this team is still .500 by the end of May, I'll be stunned. 

Total disaster. Teheran no hitting them through 6. Only 71 pitches. Entire team doesn't have a pulse at this point as they left all their offense in San Diego.

Harvey blows up again and really needs to be released asap. 

The Mets are an utter embarassment.  Listening to the end of Joe and Evan and hearing it was already 3-0 in the first inning I didn't even bother to turn the game on.  Next time I heard an update it was 11-0, they were getting no-hit (of course by Tehran) and Harvey was bombed again.  Just another day in Panic City.

And I know it's only two starts but maybe that second half from Vargas last year was a little more than just 'fatigue', eh?

Edited by NJDevs4978

BYE FELICIA

I can honestly say I've never truly loathed any of my own team's players more than this fvckface, not Bobby Bo, not Brian Rolston or Langenbrunner at the end, not even Mo Wilkerson or Geno Smith.

Edited by NJDevs4978

19 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

BYE FELICIA

I can honestly say I've never truly loathed any of my own team's players more than this fvckface, not Bobby Bo, not Brian Rolston or Langenbrunner at the end, not even Mo Wilkerson or Geno Smith.

I can't recall all of the details of Harvey's ups and downs, but it would seem to me that one of Alderson's most underrated moves was to not cave in to Harvey/Boris's salary demands.  Imagine going through all this and he's making $20 million a year.

Where does Harvey get off refusing a minor league assignment? Does he even realize how horrendous he's been? Who does he think he is at this point? Take every opportunity they give you to maybe find yourself again...but you just can't keep that goodyear blimp sized ego in check

Wonder if the Yankees will even bother with a reclamation project with him

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I can't recall all of the details of Harvey's ups and downs, but it would seem to me that one of Alderson's most underrated moves was to not cave in to Harvey/Boris's salary demands.  Imagine going through all this and he's making $20 million a year.

Well the meme going around is that we 'ruined' him in 2015 by pitching him a bunch more innings coming off of TJS than he was supposed to pitch.  I'm sure it didn't help but it's not like they were pitching this guy for no reason, they were in a freaking playoff situation.  Besides, it's not like Harvey was the paragon of health even before 2016.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Just now, '7' said:

Where does Harvey get off refusing a minor league assignment? Does he even realize how horrendous he's been? Who does he think he is at this point? Take every opportunity they give you to maybe find yourself again...but you just can't keep that goodyear blimp sized ego in check

Wonder if the Yankees will even bother with a reclamation project with him

The irony is they actually have an opening in the rotation now with Montgomery on the shelf.  If George was alive you know Harvey'd be in pinstripes one way or another but I doubt Cashman bothers.  I hope they trade him to Coors or the White Sox and their bandbox :P

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

This is kind of funny.

Lol.

I think he's wanted a change of scenery for a while. But also I just don't see anything there regarding his stuff. It's all around so lifeless. 

At least the offense showed some fight. Maybe the bats are coming around and they'll slug their way out of this slump

Nats are finding their stride which is irritating. Mets really need to start stringing some wins together and cannot just be blown out of these games in innings 1 or 2. There is nothing more demoralizing than not even taking a turn at bat and down 3-0, 5-0 already. 

4 k's for Conforto. This may just be a lost season for him. Remember this injury he's coming back from is pretty severe. I hope he can regain his form but who knows. It's a unique injury for a hitter to encounter.

Edited by '7'

It's been a nightmarish stretch of late. 2-8 in our last 10 and 6-13 in our last 19. Shut out three times in our last 4 games. Just embarrassing. Two of these were Familia blowups that seems to have lingered with the team. With Thor on the hill today and a shaky starting pitcher on the hill for Colorado today is absolutely the time to get well.

The Mets made the right call with deGrom putting him on the 10 day DL retroactive to Thursday

If you're a major league manager and you're bringing Robles into a tie game in the 8th, a game we must have, then I'm sorry you deserve to lose

What did you think he was going to do? NOT allow the game winning HR?

For the love of god let that be the last pitch Robles ever throws for the Mets. Also still waiting to see anything special out of Amed Rosario. He hasn't been horrible considering his age and how many ab's he's had, but for a prospect ranked this high shouldn't he have at least a few WOW moments to make us believe in him. 

The horrific Reds are next. Man up and sweep the damn series for once. Get this train back on the tracks

Edited by '7'

lol how many different years are we gonna get swept by the damn Rockies at home, and an 0-6 homestand to boot :P  Their last win at Citi Field was April 18, their next game there is May 15...that's pretty pathetic.

And yeah re: Robles I don't get how he goes from minor leaguer to important piece in the pen and back and forth.  If he's that important he's gonna be your eighth inning guy then what's he doing in the minors for two weeks?  And if he's bad enough to be in the minors he shouldn't be your eighth inning guy when he does get called up.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Pretty happy I'm not in NJ at the moment.  

Same ol sh!t.  Doesn't feel like anything will change as long as Sandy's still the GM.  Guy is so obviously married to an approach that hasn't really paid dividends...only hope is that Omar can start to find young talent, because Sandy sure doesn't.

Syndergaard is far from being a problem here, but I'm getting tired of the "Well he was pretty good today" performances.  This guy has fvcking ace stuff...can he pitch like one more consistently?  Team spotted him a two-run lead...shut the other guys down.  Aces do that.

Of course Robles gets chance number 5000 to fail...how many times have we seen this?  It's so maddening.  Can the Mets just fvcking move on from someone without it feeling like it should have happened so much sooner?!

Overall I can't really go too crazy about the overall results...record feels about right, given the roster.  Team is probably going to finish around .500...given the questionable starting pitching and the iffy lineup, just hard to see them doing much better.  

You're right about Omar. Don't want him steering the ship anymore but at the very least he's proven he can find talent across the board and that's just something Sandy can't do this day in age. All Sandy does is speak eloquently and have people ooh and ahh over his resume and how he's the legendary Sandy Alderson and do absolutely nothing. He really just can't devote himself to this position and he works with no urgency. He's not well equipped to run a team in this era. I would so love for him to step down (or aside to a senior advisory role) and just have somebody with more youth and fire take the reigns as GM

It's easier to list what isn't wrong now - deGrom and Cabrera, that's pretty much it.  Even Thor's been merely decent-good, not great.

The rotation 3-5 outright sucks, half the lineup (C, 1B, SS, Conforto) hasn't hit at all and Ces-Bruce haven't gotten off to great starts either, and oh yes the bullpen's been awful after the first two weeks as well.  And the manager's done some strange things.

Very nervous about this one so far. Need more from the office. They left 'em loaded in the top of the 6th and Cinci has come back with a run and a baserunner. 7-4 is nothing in this stadium