GDT: Devils @ Canadiens, 4/1/18, 7:00pm

mfitz804

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

Eh how often does that happen...it's not even done as much as you'd think (sticking the best non-PK'er in the box), some of our prior coaches just stuck a Reid Boucher type in the box :P

In any event, Hynes looks like a fvcking genius. 

Nice job to find a way...Devils have done a lot of that this season, even as way too many fans were writing them off, calling them gutless chokers, and talking about the Devils "blowing" this chance when they never actually surrendered their playoff berth.  This team has earned a ton of respect this season.  

Hall...are there any superlatives left?  Guy is just so locked in.  

Will be interesting to see what Florida has left.  As much as we sometimes worried about nightmare scenarios, they're now suffering through one of their own.  This weekend couldn't have gone any worse for them.  fvck 'em and their lameass fans.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Rank the top 3-5 guys going for the Hart trophy...I am lost...rank them for me

I’d say Hall, Kopitar, and MacKinnon (if Avs make playoffs). All three are pretty deserving, but the streaks Hall has gone on, along with having the least amount of help should make him the front runner, imo. If Kucherov or Malkin win on those stacked teams I’m calling bs. 

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

If the Avalanche make the playoffs and McK has a solid end to the season, I think it’s MacKinnon’s to lose. If the Avs don’t make the playoffs and Hallsy finishes with 90+ points, I really think it’ll be Hall’s.

Kopitar will finish up there too. So will malkin, which I’ve said multiple times is totally moronic. 

So Hall and McKinnon...interesting.

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I’d say Hall, Kopitar, and MacKinnon (if Avs make playoffs). All three are pretty deserving, but the streaks Hall has gone on, along with having the least amount of help should make him the front runner, imo. If Kucherov or Malkin win on those stacked teams I’m calling bs. 

Right I forgot Kucherov too. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Right I forgot Kucherov too. 

The absolute value of Kucherov's numbers diminished when he slowed down a bit and when McDavid passed him.

Most writers in the know seem to think the favorites are MacKinnon, Hall, and Kopitar.

Edited by Neb00rs

15 minutes ago, Derlique said:

Successful trip to Montreal. Will give thoughts on the Bell Center later. Time for a 6 hr drive back!

I'd really like to hear your experience as someone that lives in Quebec lol!

Just now, Lateralous said:

Not that Chiarelli is any good but that’s a little deceiving given that he absolutely robbed Toronto on the Kessel deal.  Was sending Hamilton to Calgary also him?

Pretty sure that wasn't him

Hall just can't stop being amazing. This is insane. Such a beautiful play by Zajac too. Kinkaid came up strong again, he's been insane. This all feels like bizzaro world after the last 5 seasons we have had to deal with. I fvcking love the heart and hunger of this team. Would love to see Carolina pull off a win tomorrow so we have a shot at clinching on Tuesday.

I'm a big WWE fan and I go to WrestleMania every year but I setup my flight back in November so I wouldn't miss a possible playoff clinching game on Thursday and with the way this is all shaping up it's certainly looking like it could happen if it doesn't happen Tuesday.

LETS GO DEVILS!!! WOOOOOOO! 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Hall just can't stop being amazing. This is insane. Such a beautiful play by Zajac too. Kinkaid came up strong again, he's been insane. This all feels like bizzaro world after the last 5 seasons we have had to deal with. I fvcking love the heart and hungry of this team. Would love to see Carolina pull off a win tomorrow so we have a shot at clinching on Tuesday. 

LETS GO DEVILS!!! WOOOOOOO! 

Yeah, Florida game on Tuesday vs. Nashville is at 7:30. Meaning that if Florida wins tmw, even if they lose Tuesday and the Devils win, the Devils will clinch a half an hour or so after their game vs. the Rangers ends. If Florida loses tmw, they'll have a chance to celebrate clinching on the ice and watch the Rangers skate off on their way to the golf course.

• Like 2

I don,'t know if some people on here saw, but I had the chance to check out RDS's feed when Hall scored. During the replay they showed reaction from our bench, and to be honest, the team looks really close. The guys were all jumping and hugging and screaming, it was a fun sight. They seem to really fvcking want it. 

• Like 2