GDT: Devils vs. Rangers, 4/3/18, 7:00 pm

mfitz804

What a game! Way to be, boys!

I am actually liking the defense without Severson the last two games. He was hot diarrhea the few games before the scratch. Slow decisions on the puck causing turnovers and playing like a frail little b!tch in the corners. Grow a set of balls Damon, and learn how to take a hit to make a play. Sorry, that's my inner Daneyko coming out lol.

Way to be Islanders, thanks for the help. End of that game got nasty. Patrick did something that Boychuck was none too pleased about.

Detroit, can't say I'm surprised you choked away a 3 goal lead.

Nashville... you disappoint me.

Either way, we are in a better position then we were at the start of play last night, and that's all that matters. LGD!!

• Like 2

That was a satisfying night of hockey to watch. I really hope this carries over because I cannot imagine a team that is "peaking at the right time" more than this group.

As for the dirtbags fans, I'm glad there will still plenty of blueshirts in the stands to watch that beatdown. Have fun with this northeast weather to start golf season.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Unfortunately he didn’t look too phased walking out. Surprised more people didn’t jump in. 

To be fair, the Devils fan got what he asked for. He did the “come on and get some” hand motion and Kreider obliged. If you’re gonna do that, you have to be ready to be punched in the face. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, aclc79 said:

I do not have the same kick-ass attitude toward NYR that some posters have.  I agree that we would not be denied, but they will be back.  You see, my son is a diehard NYR fan and has the same b-day as #30.  I feel for him; we went through the same thing last year.  And any bad feelings re: 1994 disappeared with Rico's goal in 2012.  But i understand that not everyone feels the same as I do.  And we still have work to do!  LGD!!!

My son is a Devils fan but lives in NY (L.I.)  and loves his home. He's a Die hard Yankee fans & I'm sure hopes for Rag$ to be decent. I understand. For me, I like to see Rangers/Flyer fail whenever possible.

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

"Oh, yeah? What are you gonna do, punch me?" - Guy who gets punched.

Exactly. It's the whole "your mouth writing checks that your ass can't cash" thing. That guy thought 100% he could say whatever he wanted and not get punched. 

I must add, the usher just standing there holding the tiny stop sign is fvcking hysterical. 

I think Kreider is also pretty lucky he didn't get choked out right there, I think the guy had him by the neck and he let him go. I wouldn't have, they'd have carried him out. 

Brings back the memories of when I was a young and stupid 16-17 year old and I used to go to the arena and I'd get into fights whenever I possibly could without getting arrested. Usually in the parking lot. I still remember a very, very drunk fan in a Buffalo Sabres jersey who grabbed me as I walked past a group of people fighting. I don't know if he thought I was in the group, or if he just saw the Devils jersey and thought it was a good idea. It turns out, a drunk guy vs. a sober guy who likes to fight isn't the best matchup.

The main thing I thought afterwards was, how the fvck could anyone be so passionate about the fvcking Buffalo Sabres...

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, cgb6397 said:

Devils recap. I fvcking love Will Butcher. Lets clinch that playoff spot next game! LGD!

Are you allowed to do those drawings without Hall? 2G, 2A and he didn't even get a mention?

I can only assume you got tired of drawing him or you ran out of ink for what my 10 year old refers to as his "enormous ducklips". 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Are you allowed to do those drawings without Hall? 2G, 2A and he didn't even get a mention?

I can only assume you got tired of drawing him or you ran out of ink for what my 10 year old refers to as his "enormous ducklips". 

Tbh I'm partial to Will. Total man crush on him...This playoff push is waking up parts of me that have been asleep for years :evil:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I must add, the usher just standing there holding the tiny stop sign is fvcking hysterical.

I thought that was great too but they don't get paid enough to break up fights either, he shouldn't have bothered to get involved to begin with. That's what security is for. 

3rd game in a week (Carolina/MTL) I went to and man oh man what an asswhooping. Crowd was 70-30 Devils fans but it seemed like so much more considering how lopsided the game ended up. 

What else can be said about Hall? I was too young to fully appreciate Elias' '01 year, but this is clearly more impressive than Parise's '09 season. I think it was important for him to have this type of game against a big market team. I saw a lot of people on my Twitter feed giving him some Hart love after last night. A multi-point effort vs. the Leafs would really go a long way with the Toronto media watching. 

I thought Nico had one of his best games of the season. I've really been focusing on him without the puck and holy hell is he impressive. 

So Will Butcher is going to finish in the mid 40s in points. That was...unexpected. I'm curious to see how he does going forward with a bigger role, but he's legit. I was laughing yesterday thinking about all the hype Kevin Hayes and Jimmy Vesey got and he's better than both.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

I thought that was great too but they don't get paid enough to break up fights either, he shouldn't have bothered to get involved to begin with. That's what security is for. 

I was there during the 2011-2012 run.  It was the Flyers series and my girlfriend (wife now) settled into our seats.  We noticed an entire row of Flyers fans right in front of us...maybe 2 rows in front of us.  The stereotypical, south Jersey trash Flyers fans.  I knew right away we were going to have a problem.  Long story short, Devils fans are talking a bit throughout the game, Flyers fans a bit but nothing crazy...Devils blow the game open, I believe 4-2, and the Flyer fan (again, lowest of the possible low) turns around...mind you, I had been telling the usher in our section throughout the game, "hey, listen, we are going to have a problem here, watch out...", I must have said that 3-4-5 times.  Finally, the Flyer fan turns around and reaches up a row and decks a Devils fan and COMPLETE MAYHEM ensues...the ushers didn't do anything, they stood back and watched...like it was a night at the fights...watched...  It was one row vs. another row and it was complete and utter chaos.  Right in front of us.  

I've been going to NYJ games since 1988, I will tell you right now, ushers at the old Giants Stadium and now Metlife, they are trained to get in there and break it up...they are trained to make the fight stop.  I have watched hundreds of fights over the years at Jets games and those "yellow jackets" swarm and pounce.

At the Prudential Center, (you know the type of usher I am talking about--let's call her the Newark Local), they just sat back, put their feet up and relaxed...they watched it all go down and did absolutely nothing about it.  I was disgusted.  They allow for an environment that is unsafe, if you ask me.  And I've been going to sporting events since I was 3...I have seen it all.  I've never been in a fight but, like I said, I've seen plenty...I have never seen the complete apathy that I saw at the Prudential Center.  They are going to get sued.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

I was there during the 2011-2012 run.  It was the Flyers series and my girlfriend (wife now) settled into our seats.  We noticed an entire row of Flyers fans right in front of us...maybe 2 rows in front of us.  The stereotypical, south Jersey trash Flyers fans.  I knew right away we were going to have a problem.  Long story short, Devils fans are talking a bit throughout the game, Flyers fans a bit but nothing crazy...Devils blow the game open, I believe 4-2, and the Flyer fan (again, lowest of the possible low) turns around...mind you, I had been telling the usher in our section throughout the game, "hey, listen, we are going to have a problem here, watch out...", I must have said that 3-4-5 times.  Finally, the Flyer fan turns around and reaches up a row and decks a Devils fan and COMPLETE MAYHEM ensues...the ushers didn't do anything, they stood back and watched...like it was a night at the fights...watched...  It was one row vs. another row and it was complete and utter chaos.  Right in front of us.  

I've been going to NYJ games since 1988, I will tell you right now, ushers at the old Giants Stadium and now Metlife, they are trained to get in there and break it up...they are trained to make the fight stop.  I have watched hundreds of fights over the years at Jets games and those "yellow jackets" swarm and pounce.

At the Prudential Center, (you know the type of usher I am talking about--let's call her the Newark Local), they just sat back, put their feet up and relaxed...they watched it all go down and did absolutely nothing about it.  I was disgusted.  They allow for an environment that is unsafe, if you ask me.  And I've been going to sporting events since I was 3...I have seen it all.  I've never been in a fight but, like I said, I've seen plenty...I have never seen the complete apathy that I saw at the Prudential Center.  They are going to get sued.

I don't think our ushers are told to get involved in that stuff especially cause most of them are on the older side but they should have called for security. 

I remember the yellow jackets from the metrostars/red bulls game and they were absolutely horrible people to deal with. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't think our ushers are told to get involved in that stuff especially cause most of them are on the older side but they should have called for security. 

I remember the yellow jackets from the metrostars/red bulls game and they were absolutely horrible people to deal with. 

They are horrible people to deal with.  But they are there to stop things before they get out of control.  As someone who sat in the upper deck for Jets games for many, many years at Giants Stadium, I was thankful that they were difficult to deal with...I never witnessed them sit back, pour themselves a cocktail and watch a complete melee happen 2 feet in front of me.  I was disgusted.

2 hours ago, Triumph said:

I don't really post in these threads lately because there's nothing left to say about Taylor Hall.  He's an incredible player having an incredible season.

I've been watching the Devils since the 80s, and there is no debate any more...he is having the finest season that I've ever seen a Devils forward have.  The first real "superstar" season...and that's not to take a thing away from Elias, Parise, Mogilny (guy went on an insane tear to close out 2001, before disappearing come playoff time), MacLean, or Lemieux (he had some nice scoring runs).  This version of Hall that finishes with such regularity is scarily electric to watch.  Really feels like he's going to put up 100 points one of these years if he can stay healthy enough.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I've been watching the Devils since the 80s, and there is no debate any more...he is having the finest season that I've ever seen a Devils forward have.  The first real "superstar" season...and that's not to take a thing away from Elias, Parise, Mogilny (guy went on an insane tear to close out 2001, before disappearing come playoff time), MacLean, or Lemieux (he had some nice scoring runs).  This version of Hall that finishes with such regularity is scarily electric to watch.  Really feels like he's going to put up 100 points one of these years if he can stay healthy enough.

Next season, when Nico and Bratt hit their stride. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Next season, when Nico and Bratt hit their stride. 

More and more I think Bratt's going to be spending a fair amount of time in Bingo next year.  He's been almost invisible for a long stretch now.  Hopefully it's just fatigue/adjusting to the NHL.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Oh definitely not, I wouldn't expect the usher to get involved. I just thought it was funny with the little "Stop" sign. 

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He's 3 points away from tying the franchise record for points...I was so focused on whether he could get 100 that I forgot about that. & points in 2 games is a stretch (not that he couldn't, but its less likely), but 3 points in 2 games? I could see that happening. 

• Like 2