GDT: Devils vs. Rangers, 4/3/18, 7:00 pm

mfitz804

I made the last 2 GDT’s and I figure that means I should keep the streak going. But I have some plans the next few days and I don’t want to forget. 

Let’s stay in control of our own destiny and beat these obnoxious fvcks to death. We all know whether they are in the playoffs or not, beating the Rangers is always a good feeling. So let’s do that.

LGD

• Like 4

Get the feeling anything that the Rangers have left will be used up in this game.  They'll come out hard, and they'll have some of their dipsh!t fans in attendance.  I don't care how the Devils pick up two points against them, but if they can just deal with the Rangers coming out strong and not let them get a sizable lead, I think the Devils will find a way to take care of business yet again.

LGD!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Get the feeling anything that the Rangers have left will be used up in this game.  They'll come out hard, and they'll have some of their dipsh!t fans in attendance.  I don't care how the Devils pick up two points against them, but if they can just deal with the Rangers coming out strong and not let them get a sizable lead, I think the Devils will find a way to take care of business yet again.

LGD!!!

That much is true, but the Rock will be rockin' with our rabid fans.  Let's make some noise!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aclc79 said:

That much is true, but the Rock will be rockin' with our rabid fans.  Let's make some noise!

I've been VERY pleasantly surprised by the amount of home crowd noise I've been hearing on TV lately...I'm actually starting to think that the days of fvcking Ranger fans coming into our building and taking over (it's happened far too many times) might finally become a thing of the past.  But that means not going silent should the Devils fall behind 2-0...this team has shown a lot of fight-back ability, and they deserve to have their fans keep the noise up even if they don't get off to a flying start.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I'm literally *shocked* at how many of my former high-school classmates who didn't even know hockey existed have turned into rabid, season-ticket holding devils fans. 

Finally, I think we're seeing that the success of the Devils in the 90s and 2000s (and especially that latest run in 2012) has bred a whole new generation of Devils fans. The rock has been LOUD on TV. Pretty awesome stuff.

It would be cool to see some studies on how dynasties affect long-term fanship. 

Obviously it’s positive, but would be interesting to see a quantifiable amount. 

Edited by TomsRiverDevil

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I've been VERY pleasantly surprised by the amount of home crowd noise I've been hearing on TV lately...I'm actually starting to think that the days of fvcking Ranger fans coming into our building and taking over (it's happened far too many times) might finally become a thing of the past.  But that means not going silent should the Devils fall behind 2-0...this team has shown a lot of fight-back ability, and they deserve to have their fans keep the noise up even if they don't get off to a flying start.

The atmosphere has been awesome, I think a lot of it has obviously come from the fans realizing how spoiled we were and these 5 past years have made people really appreciate how hard it is to make the playoffs every year like we were. The fan base desperately wants to be back in them and the atmosphere represents it. 

Also think that while there will still some be asses in blue there that it won't be all that many with their team out of the playoffs. Lots of casuals jumping right off that bandwagon. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

LGD. Win the game and leave grabner on the other teams bus...

Maybe this will be the game where Grabner comes out with a chip on his shoulder and has a 3 point night or something. Would be nice to see him do that rather than the crap he has been up to. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe this will be the game where Grabner comes out with a chip on his shoulder and has a 3 point night or something. Would be nice to see him do that rather than the crap he has been up to. 

I want so very much for him to make me eat my words!!!!!

1 hour ago, EdgeControl said:

I want so very much for him to make me eat my words!!!!!

At this point, I'll be happy with him becoming a surprise hero-type come playoff time.  But for now, yeah, I'll take him potting one or two again against the Rangers (with a possible GWG).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

At this point, I'll be happy with him becoming a surprise hero-type come playoff time.  

Been thinking he might end up in that role on the DL for awhile now. He'll have to overcome being a Rangers spy though.

While all the really matters is to make the playoffs... and that "how" we make them doesn't matter much.

I'd really really really like to SEE Taylor Hall realizing he's making the playoffs... by winning a game. Rather than imagining him on his couch watching a game that makes us clinch, you know what i mean. 

Edited by SterioDesign

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

While all the really matters is to make the playoffs... and that "how" we make them doesn't matter much.

I'd really really really like to SEE Taylor Hall realizing he's making the playoffs... by winning a game. Rather than imagining him on his couch watching a game that makes us clinch, you know what i mean. 

Unfortunately we won't get that tonight because the Panther's game starts at 7:30 :(

Could potentially be a fun locker room atmosphere with a win tonight for us. 

2 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Unfortunately we won't get that tonight because the Panther's game starts at 7:30 :(

Could potentially be a fun locker room atmosphere with a win tonight for us. 

Let's just do our part and hopefully the Panthers do theirs. I don't need to see Taylor's face when he gets into the playoffs, this isn't Christmas morning. As long as we make it in, I don't care about the timing. 

• Like 2