Devils vs. Maple Leafs, 4/5/18, 7:00 pm

mfitz804

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I'm in Vero Beach, permanently now. Next year at a TB or FL game we should do a Florida-NJDevs meet and greet. (Which might be a total of us 2?)

Lets make it 3 for meet and greet at the Litter Box BB&T, I live in downtown Fort Lauderdale!

Glad to see them resting the boys who had a huge game last night

Not sure why Green, Boyle and Lovejoy are not practising tho................

Probably just a maintenance day for those guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be working until 9h30 tomorrow night so I'll ''miss'' the game which fvckING PISSES ME OFF, but oh well. BEST BELIEVE I'll have my cellphone on me and secretely wacthing from time to time lol. 

LET'S GET IT DEVILS AND LET'S GET IT BRUINS

We win we're in, Panthers lose we're in. LETS GO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerzey said:

Orlando here. Didn’t make it any Florida games this year because we had a kid. So at least we have central Florida covered.

Awesome, you're not far either.  Should definitely try to do Tampa next year.  I actually hope they come twice next year like they used to.  

50 minutes ago, Dev1965 said:

Lets make it 3 for meet and greet at the Litter Box BB&T, I live in downtown Fort Lauderdale!

Man, we actually could have a pretty decent NJDevs representation in Florida lol. The Litter Box obviously must be a Panthers place, but it would be fun to overrun a local bar with members here :)

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I can see SR70 from where I sit in my office. When I go to tampa (which is semi-frequently) I get on SR 70, listen to a podcast, and then start paying attention again in 2.5 hours. 

Were you at the Tampa game this year? I actually go every year, too, since I've moved down here (2 years ago now). Love everything about those games; we always stay at the Marriott right on the Harbour, so we're walking distance from the arena. This year we went to Ybor, which - as an architect - was a totally unexpected incredible trip. I'm sure you've been, but if you haven't, do yourself a favor and have lunch at Columbia Restaurant in Ybor. 

Ha, that's great.  Yeah I was at the game this year - I must have missed that you were going, because I met NJDevils1214 aka Louie for a brief moment during one of the intermissions.  He was at the game with a buddy as was I - was cool just to put a face to a name and say hey for a minute.  I'd definitely be down to pre-game at Fergs or somewhere else next time though.  Hell, even sitting together would be cool, but obviously everyone has their own budgets and preferred areas to sit.  Oh and yeah, I've been to Columbia.  Only once though, and a while back, but it's really nice.  Ybor is cool too, the strip is pretty fun with some cool bars to go to.

• Like 1

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

Did you go down to the ice for warm-ups? Hynes was there and had a nice long chat with my wife and I. Thought that was pretty incredibly cool. 

I can't remember. I always like to, but I was with a buddy and he and I met up with some other friends prior to the game at Fergs, and when they happens we usually end up lingering and go into the arena later than I prefer, and warmups are usually already over.  Definitely don't recall seeing Hynes within fan reach, so I probably didn't get there in time.  That sounds cool though.  Nice that he's approachable and accessible.

Last game vs. the Leafs, I felt that Nico was a bit outmatched playing against Matthews. He has come a long way since then, so I don't anticipate that this will be a problem, but Hynes will probably get Zajac's line out there vs. Matthews as much as possible, given that this is a home game.

LGD. Win and we are in the playoffs.

16 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

So I will be going to the game today after swearing that last week's game was my last.  I really hope for a win tonight.

I hope someone here gets one of those golden bracelets as well.  Would be neat.

What's the golden bracelet?

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Fans entering the arena today are getting those LED bracelets that will be synced up at the opening presentation.  Out of those bracelets 20 of them will be golden and will entitle you to prizes.

Oh sweet.  Maybe you'll get one :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I'll take it if you don't want it

Sure, for a price.

In 2016 the shirts off their backs were the ones they wore only in the warmups in that game.

Last season the shirts off their backs were not even worn at all.  After the game the Devils went to the locker room, quickly put on brand new jerseys and then walked back to the ice and took those off and gave them to the fans.  They were not worn in a game and were on the player's bodies for maybe a couple of minutes.

They still have value nonetheless, but most teams I know who do the "shirts off their backs" spiel were the ones the players actually wore in that game.

On 4/4/2018 at 7:31 AM, Nicomo said:

I’m going to Nashville for a bachelor party over the weekend so I’d really love to see them wrap this thing up tomorrow night so I can just enjoy myself and not have to constantly check scores.    

LGD!

22 hours ago, cgb6397 said:

No kidding. My buddy is having his there this weekend too, while I'll be at my brother's in Florida. Your's isn't for a dude named Zach, is it? 

Hey guys enjoy tootsies, careful with those cougars kids! 

• Like 1