Devils vs. Maple Leafs, 4/5/18, 7:00 pm

mfitz804

Sure, for a price.

In 2016 the shirts off their backs were the ones they wore only in the warmups in that game.

Last season the shirts off their backs were not even worn at all.  After the game the Devils went to the locker room, quickly put on brand new jerseys and then walked back to the ice and took those off and gave them to the fans.  They were not worn in a game and were on the player's bodies for maybe a couple of minutes.

They still have value nonetheless, but most teams I know who do the "shirts off their backs" spiel were the ones the players actually wore in that game.

I know the whole game worn thing adds value, but to be totally honest, I’d rather not receive a jersey that smells like a locker room, so that wouldn’t bother me at all lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I know the whole game worn thing adds value, but to be totally honest, I’d rather not receive a jersey that smells like a locker room, so that wouldn’t bother me at all lol.

A vast majority of game worn jerseys are washed by the team before given to the dealer or the collector/buyer.  Only on a few specialty night stuff like shirts off their backs or like this past Elias night and last year's McMullen night were the jerseys not washed prior to being sold.

So really out of the jerseys in my collection; only 2 are or were stinky lol.

Also a game worn is almost always worth more than an autographed authentic.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

A vast majority of game worn jerseys are washed by the team before given to the dealer or the collector/buyer.  Only on a few specialty night stuff like shirts off their backs or like this past Elias night and last year's McMullen night were the jerseys not washed prior to being sold.

Who was the other one besides B.O. Parenteau?:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

Who was the other one besides B.O. Parenteau?:lol:

I won the Damon Severson game worn jersey from the Patrik Elias Retirement night game worn auction.  They were collected by Meigray immediately after the game so they were not washed.

On the stink scale the BO Parenteau was about a 9 out of 10 with 10 being an overflowing open sewer in the poorest section of Calcutta.  The Severson was/is at about a 5-6.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh yeah I knew that, I’m just saying that I’d rather not receive a jersey literally right off the player’s back that just played a game. That thing would be rancid lol.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Oh yeah I knew that, I’m just saying that I’d rather not receive a jersey literally right off the player’s back that just played a game. That thing would be rancid lol.

Depends on the player.  Some players just don't sweat as much as others so some have little to no smell while others smell to high hell lol.

• Like 1

Depends on the player.  Some players just don't sweat as much as others so some have little to no smell while others smell to high hell lol.

With my luck, if I won one, I’d end up with the Paranteau equivalent of stink lol.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I'm gonna derail the thread a little to ask you and everyone else a question:

I tried to search for a legit Taylor Hall autographed 11x14 and couldn't find much of anything of him in a Devils uniform from a google search. Any ideas for a guy not in the Northeast/civilization....?

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

What's the golden bracelet?

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Fans entering the arena today are getting those LED bracelets that will be synced up at the opening presentation.  Out of those bracelets 20 of them will be golden and will entitle you to prizes.

You get to enter a magical chocolate factory and win a lifetime supply of chocolate. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I'm gonna derail the thread a little to ask you and everyone else a question:

I tried to search for a legit Taylor Hall autographed 11x14 and couldn't find much of anything of him in a Devils uniform from a google search. Any ideas for a guy not in the Northeast/civilization....?

This is what I found:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Taylor-Hall-Signed-Auto-Autograph-11x14-Photo-JSA-U33689/142737532823?hash=item213bd1e797:g:uMoAAOSwQVpau~Dd

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Last season the shirts off their backs were not even worn at all.  After the game the Devils went to the locker room, quickly put on brand new jerseys and then walked back to the ice and took those off and gave them to the fans.  They were not worn in a game and were on the player's bodies for maybe a couple of minutes.

I would so rather that than a jersey soaked in sweaty, smelly man DNA. 

Obviously if I win one, I'm taking it. Then I am selling it to one of you gross people who collect game worns :) 

Luckily (unluckily?), I never win anything so I guess I won't have to worry about it. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I would so rather that than a jersey soaked in sweaty, smelly man DNA. 

Obviously if I win one, I'm taking it. Then I am selling it to one of you gross people who collect game worns :) 

Luckily (unluckily?), I never win anything so I guess I won't have to worry about it. 

If I had the power to create Taylor Hall clones from that DNA I don't think you would mind the stink that much.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

If I had the power to create Taylor Hall clones from that DNA I don't think you would mind the stink that much.

Sounds like a slightly less interesting version of Jurassic Park. 

Unless we're combining Hall with a velociraptor, which I would totally be in favor of if anyone is considering it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we win tonight, we're in? Let's get it boys. 

I will not correct you because you are not wrong

LGD (for good measures)

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I really want to enjoy my vacation without having to scoreboard watch. I want a win tonight badly. Today is moving so slow. 

Hey, just got back from the future. We win 4-2. Pavel Zacha hat trick.

• Like 4

Pumped, Pumped, Pumped.  The day is dragging.  LGD!!  

Really, Leafs are probably going to play hard, like the Hawks did last night, with nothing to play for. 

If we play anywhere near the level we've played the last 2 weeks, after Ana/SJ, we will prevail.  After a while, the 'let's not get anybody hurt' feeling will creep into the Leaf's mindset. At least that's how I'd look at it, if the game meant nothing, and wanting to be fully healthy for round 1, why risk any injuries? 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

1 win by NJ in their last 2.

2 OTL by NJ in their last 2.

1 regulation loss by FLA in their last 3

2 OTL by FLA in their last 3

2 Regulation losses by PHI in their last 2

Not that you are running through the scenarios in your head or anything 😂.

The one that fills me with the most optimism is the 1 regulation loss by Florida. They have absolutely no margin for error. 

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

1 win by NJ in their last 2.

2 OTL by NJ in their last 2.

1 regulation loss by FLA in their last 3

2 OTL by FLA in their last 3

2 Regulation losses by PHI in their last 2

Not outside the realm of possibility is 1 OTL for the Devils and 1 OTL for Florida.

4 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Not that you are running through the scenarios in your head or anything 😂.

The one that fills me with the most optimism is the 1 regulation loss by Florida. They have absolutely no margin for error. 

The one that would fill me with the most joy would be 2 regulation losses by PHI.

(Obviously coupled with 2 big wins by NJD)

• Like 3