Hall for the Hart

Nicomo

“Before the biggest game of the season he had 4 less points than he does now” is your argument for me being dramatic? 

Yes it is. This isn’t the Art Ross we’re talking about, it’s the Hart. Good for Giroux for having a big game. Prettttty sure one of the 74 other dudes who can score on that team would’ve picked up the slack without him today against the Wolfpack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotta say if either Hall, Mac, or Giroux wins it, it will be hard to argue with it. All three players carried their teams, especially at the end, and each player has something unique that he did. Hall's gap between him and Nico, Giroux led the league in assists and scored 100+ points, and Mac had 11 GWG. 

Mac just scored a beautiful goal in a must-win game. That will be fresh in the voters mind I'm sure. Hall didn't do much in our clinching game and didn't play the last one.

i truly think it's between Hall vs Mackinnon and it should be. 

Hall has 93 pts in 76 games. MacKinnon has 95 in 73. Really close. 

The one thing that really SHOULD swing in Hall's favour is that Rantanen has 83 pts (12 pts gap) and Nico has 52pts. (41 pts gap), but god knows if the voters will take this into consideration

Mike Morreale tweeted this out this AM, FWIW: 

Hart Trophy voting at NHLcom: MacKinnon 62 pts (7 1st votes) Hall, 54 pts (3 1st-place votes) Kopitar, 43 pts (3 1st-place votes) Kucherov, 26 pts (2 1st votes) Giroux, 18 pts

This was my ballot in the voting for Hart Trophy for NHLcom Trophy Tracker: 1-Taylor Hall 2-Nathan MacKinnon 3-Claude Giroux 4-Anze Kopitar 5-Nikita Kucherov

I really really REALLY try not to believe the everyone is against NJ schitck that a lot of our fans seem to embrace on a daily basis, but if Hall loses this then I really do think it is an NJ bias.  MacK is definitely deserving of top 3 consideration, but for him to win this when Hall clearly means more to the Devils than MacK means to Colorado is asinine.

The only logic I can see MacK winning is because he is the "sexier" pick since he is not playing in NJ.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I really really REALLY try not to believe the everyone is against NJ schitck that a lot of our fans seem to embrace on a daily basis, but if Hall loses this then I really do think it is an NJ bias.  MacK is definitely deserving of top 3 consideration, but for him to win this when Hall clearly means more to the Devils than MacK means to Colorado is asinine.

The only logic I can see MacK winning is because he is the "sexier" pick since he is not playing in NJ.

Also a factor is that team doubled its point totals from last year. 

2 hours ago, redruM said:

Hall made a strong stmt the last 2 weeks that he deserves the Hart, but NJ never gets any respect from the NHL: so he will probably come in 2nd.

I'd like to hear from some non-Devils fans (i.e. not from this board) as to what they think. I'd like to hear someone who isn't biased make an argument that TH does or does not deserve to win. 

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’ll never forget these a$$holes screwing Stevens out of the Norris in ‘94. Biggest bullsh!t vote ever right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Marty for the Conn Smythe in 03. My point stands though, Devils have won multiple awards: Marty x4, and Niedermayer won the Norris in 04. 

• Like 1

And John Madden won the Selke in 2001, Gomez the Calder in 2000. I generally think awards voting has been pretty good, the writers know the sport, but no doubt bigger market players get a little more love. For example, I think Zajac was pretty on par with the five Selke candidates ahead of him in the voting in 2010. But he was competing with players from Boston, Pitt, Vancouver, Detroit, and Chicago...so he came in 6th and didn't even get half the votes of the player in 5th.

Edited by Neb00rs

58 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm just happy nobody is up in arms that Nico isn't going to win the Calder. He got beat by a whole bunch of guys. 

I think everyone understands he's 1-3 years younger than everyone else ahead of him in the Calder voting.  One year out it looks to most everyone outside of delusional Canucks fans that he's still the best player in his draft class and deserved to be #1.       

Hall/MacKinnon is going to be a really tight race.  It will unfortunately probably come down to how many writers drop one of them more than one spot below the other.   For example, do the Colorado writers slip one or more of Giroux, McDavid or Kopitar between MacKinnon and Hall and vice versa?   Hopefully they tie because they've both had crazy good seasons that deserve to be recognized.            

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I think everyone understands he's 1-3 years younger than everyone else ahead of him in the Calder voting.  One year out it looks to most everyone outside of delusional Canucks fans that he's still the best player in his draft class and deserved to be #1.              

I would hope everyone realizes that, but some people were calling him a Calder candidate pretty early on. 100% he did deserve to be #1.