Your New Jersey Devils are going to the playoffs!!!

DevilMinder

this has nothing to do with 2012 but got teared up with the win thinking about back then.

feels like we went a round with the panthers already...lets move on

LGD vs everybody

edit:or this puts 2012 behind us lets say

Edited by lazer
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Well that’s random. I don’t think the Devils have a spot for Kerfoot this year anyway. But we do have a spot for Butcher, who did the exact same thing as Kerfoot. Plus, there’s a pretty good chance Alexander sees some playoff hockey anyway.

Yeah this. I was never too upset with Kerfoot. Butcher came here because he saw the opportunity to play. Kerfoot saw that there wasn't a lot of room for forwards in NJ. So he went where he had an opportunity to play. It was just a great "swap" all around. Both players had great rookie campaigns.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 3

Considering where we were last year, this is pretty incredible.

Remarkable. Absolutely, truly remarkable. And they did it without Cory Schneider winning one game in the 2018 calendar year. If you told me this would’ve been possible given everything we went through with injuries and the starting goaltender falling off a cliff, I would’ve considered having you committed..... If you told me Keith Kinkaid would morph into what we’ve seen for the last two months, and straight up save the season, without ever falling out of a playoff position, I would’ve just proceeded with committing you and having them throw away the key. It’s amazing what this group has accomplished. I’m extremely proud of them, and they should be proud of themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I just got to stand at center ice, with that crowd going fvcking insane... with the team right next to me celebrating... and then got to chat with Blake Coleman and take the jersey that he just wore to help us finally go back to the fvcking playoffs.
One of the most surreal moments of my life. For real.

Awesome!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

That would be so great honestly. The drive from Quebec to New York/New Jersey isn't that long, but with school and everything it can be a hastle. If they go far, I will definitely consider it though. I've only been to the Rock twice, and that was April 1st and April 2nd 2011, vs. the Flyers (4-2 win with a Patty hat trick) and vs. MTL (3-1 Loss). I'd love to come back that's for sure!!

Idk if you follow them but I drove up to a Montreal MLS game a few years ago cause the Red Bulls played them in the playoffs. I did the drive up and back in the same day, it's really not a bad drive at all since there's very little traffic.

5 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

I just got to stand at center ice, with that crowd going fvcking insane... with the team right next to me celebrating... and then got to chat with Blake Coleman and take the jersey that he just wore to help us finally go back to the fvcking playoffs.

Awesome!!! I'm watching the post game show now cause I set it and you got a full shot on tv taking a selfie with him! If you didn't set the game they usually replay it or I can take a picture of it for you. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Oh fvck off. And I mean that in the most petty, jealous, happy-for-you way possible.

Seriously, NICE though.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Remarkable. Absolutely, truly remarkable. And they did it without Cory Schneider winning one game in the 2018 calendar year. If you told me this would’ve been possible given everything we went through with injuries and the starting goaltender falling off a cliff, I would’ve considered having you committed..... If you told me Keith Kinkaid would morph into what we’ve seen for the last two months, and straight up save the season, without ever falling out of a playoff position, I would’ve just proceeded with committing you and having them throw away the key. It’s amazing what this group has accomplished. I’m extremely proud of them, and they should be proud of themselves.

This guy. This fvckING guy has been the best goalie in the league for a quarter of the season and has saved the Devils' playoff hopes. No sh!t.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Pretty sure it's literally just because I changed my twitter display name to "Blake Coleman Fan Club" like 3-4 weeks ago. I have always interacted with the NJDevils account on there here and there. So on St. Patrick's Day we were in Hoboken and I posted some picture of the group of us watching the Kings-Devils game in Hoboken with some caption about the Devils. The NJDevils account responded "Blake Coleman Fan Club never sleeps!" 
Anyway, so I guess 20 people got a golden wristband. I wasn't one. However, I saw that they put up on their twitter that they'd be selecting one fan to go out there from twitter, too. So I posted this picture of my buddy and I when we met Coleman at the "young stars" STH event with my seat and location. During the first period they DM'ed me that I had won. Obviously I was super excited.
So we get down to the zamboni area and they're assigning players. Initially they ask who I am and they just give me a random card and it's 23, Noesen. I'm like okay, awesome! I don't care who the hell I get. I'm just grateful they even chose me. Then they're like wait you're from the social media winner right? and they switch me out for Coleman. So that's why I'm pretty sure that stupid little name change got me the in to this crazy ass moment lmao
Never did I think it would end up like that though - figured they'd hit the locker room and come back out once all the other fans had hit the road. So the only agonizing thing was we're standing there in the hallway to the old locker room behind the bench while the game is ending. That sh!t was nerve wracking, all I could see was the back of Cory's head and players whizzing back and forth. Once I heard the last minute of play call by Kevin Clark and the power play call like 30 seconds later I figured we'd be good. When they won, it was super cool because Salvador and the coaches came through. Salvador actually ran past all of us high-fiving us. Then the coaches came through and Alain Nasreddine was going nuts. Then all of the scratches showed up and they're standing they're by the tunnel as we walk onto the ice with the team still going nuts. Mojo, Bratt, etc. Next thing you know I'm standing at center ice with the whole building going ape sh!t. Absolutely fvcking surreal. I still can't believe it. Got to chat with Blake and obviously take the selfie, get his jersey, and he autographed it... but I'm just standing there in awe of the crowd and the guys going nuts... as we're walking off Lovejoy skates by to fist bump every one of us... 
not promoting, don't give a sh!t if you guys don't have insta or follow me (in fact don't I post a lot of stupid sh!t) but I posted a few videos here: https://www.instagram.com/swaggadactyll/, this one specifically is Nasreddine going nuts coming off the bench which I found awesome: 

Anyway, just figured I'd share, I'm still amped the fvck up... not sure how I am going to go to work tomorrow. I don't know where this is all headed but this has been a fvcking magical season and I'll never forget it.

Dude that’s awesome! Really pumped for you! I love Nasreddine too- ‘WOOO! fvckIN’ A’!! [emoji23] Great stuff all around! [emoji482]

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Idk if you follow them but I drove up to a Montreal MLS game a few years ago cause the Red Bulls played them in the playoffs. I did the drive up and back in the same day, it's really not a bad drive at all since there's very little traffic.

Yeah i try and follow the Impact. I've been to 2 of their games. Pretty cool atmosphere to be honest. But the drive from Quebec City to Montreal is approximately 3 hours, so you have to take that into account hahah!

• Like 1

Absolutely wild that they had to go 10-2-1 over the last 13 to clinch in the second to last game. As someone whose only been watching since 2013 this will be my first playoffs and I am absolutely hyped to an unreal level right now! Got my tickets to the first home game of the first round and absolutely can not wait to go. LETS fvckING GO!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steven M. said:

You the guy that took the photo of Blake and himself? Must've been an awesome night for you, one that you will never forget. LGD!

• Like 3

Devs fan since Nagano Olympic games... I was there at first only when we were dominant and a true force... But i was also like all of you during the sad time of no play-off games (except i add the broken English part in my répertoire) 

One thing that change the most between a season like last year and this one.. Is the the amount of sleep i could have! The number of nights i had only 3 or 4 hours of sleep because of one of the maaaany " game of the year that is a must win"... Thanks for all my friends at the live chat that keep me awake (and spoil me goals with 30 sec)! 

This morning i was still nuts and dead tired... I HAD to explain to my kids how ranking was made in NHL (of course i have to)... Putain, we were so late school! 

Me love hockey 

I want my "dedication to the team" award! : ) 

• Like 7

If they’re playing for seeding at all it has to be KK. There’s also something to be said about going into the playoffs hot. If Cory starts and gets shelled for 5 goals that could hurt their morale. I think KK should start. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1