Your New Jersey Devils are going to the playoffs!!!

DevilMinder

Hey guys, long time Devils fan.  First time posting in these boards and just recently started following the threads.  Love the passion everyone has here, I thought I was the only one.  My friends like to call me the “self proclaimed greatest Devils fan”.  (Definitely not taking anything away from anyone here).  Been a long time since mid April hockey and hoping it doesn’t end until around the same time in June.  LGD!!!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Can't forget this, fellow fans: the Devils have clinched today because of Pavel Zacha. Last night's game was 100% him making two ENORMOUS plays that gave the Devils the win. The goal he scored was a tremendous shot to the short-side, and the play he made to save the game late in the 3rd is the only reason that puck isn't in the net.

He's not what we thought he could be, and he makes some infuriating plays, but I'm not done hoping he's going to be a heck of a player for us soon. 

I mean, he had a decent game (where he still had bad moments) in a string of terrible ones. He scored a big goal (he had 1 in the previous 15 games) yeah and it was a nice play in general by him but it's going to take a whole lot more for me to change my tune on him. It's not like "he's not what we thought he could be but he's settling in to being a great third line center," it's "he's not looking like he's going to be a very good anything." That might sound harsh but it's true. Don't get me wrong I'm rooting for him, but like Hynes is doing, I'm giving him tough love from here on out until he picks up his play consistently.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, from reading the threads I can tell it’s like one big family, sure there may be disagreements, some people occasionally speak negatively (I’m guilty of that too sometimes but always hoping the positive comes out of it) but in the end I can tell everyone is on the same side hoping for the same outcome.

Was at the game last night and took a video just before they came onto the ice and recorded through the starting lineup as well as recorded right at the end with the final faceoff with 6 seconds left up until they conducted the jersey ceremony.  Also recorded the jersey off the back ceremony.  If I upload it to YouTube can I provide the link in the thread if anyone is interested or is that not allowed?  Don’t wanna break any rules.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, first of all Blake Coleman is awesome. Dude's a based hockey player and a good guy.

That said, I'm calling bullsh!t. The kid who drew that slop on the left could not be the kid who perfectly wrote and signed the card on the left. Then again you never know with modern art, maybe he's some precocious avant garde surrealist. My guess is that dad knows how to score free tix to a Devils game. Nice.

Hey guys, long time Devils fan.  First time posting in these boards and just recently started following the threads.  Love the passion everyone has here, I thought I was the only one.  My friends like to call me the “self proclaimed greatest Devils fan”.  (Definitely not taking anything away from anyone here).  Been a long time since mid April hockey and hoping it doesn’t end until around the same time in June.  LGD!!!

Welcome aboard dude! Happy to have ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, from reading the threads I can tell it’s like one big family, sure there may be disagreements, some people occasionally speak negatively (I’m guilty of that too sometimes but always hoping the positive comes out of it) but in the end I can tell everyone is on the same side hoping for the same outcome.

Was at the game last night and took a video just before they came onto the ice and recorded through the starting lineup as well as recorded right at the end with the final faceoff with 6 seconds left up until they conducted the jersey ceremony.  Also recorded the jersey off the back ceremony.  If I upload it to YouTube can I provide the link in the thread if anyone is interested or is that not allowed?  Don’t wanna break any rules.

Re: the bolded, I'm just glad you showed up AFTER the Devils clinched. :lol:

Seriously though, welcome aboard, I look forward to your posts.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Welcome! You'll find that everyone here is really level-headed. Some posters (looking at you, CR1976) get too heated during games - often giving up on their team before it's over. Other members (take one look at MadDog) refuse to curse, they prefer to be quiet and observant.

As for me? Well, I'm usually the guy who's telling everyone to relax during the games. They call me "MB3, the relaxed dude". I'm also overwhelmingly supportive of everyone on the team, my favorite three players are Lovejoy, Boyle, and Greene. Also don't look too quickly, but StereoDesign is 100% positive there's a league-wide conspiracy against the devils. It's insane... like, tin-foil hat much? Anyway, I think he's making a documentary about it, really excited to see that. 

Can't disagree with anything here. Kinky is definitely the most positive poster on the board next to 7. That guy can make the worst of games seem great. He's kept up his fervent support for Cory Schneider even after KK took over the starting role. That's true fandom.

• Haha 2

Can't be understated how huge this is for the franchise. 

Let's start with Hall, shall we? The guy was scapegoated in Edmonton and a lot of their failures were pinned on him. The guy was deemed a locker room cancer, a drug addict and so on and so forth. They get a generational player, play him with Hall for like twenty minutes and deem they can't play together. He gets traded when there is a light at the end of the tunnel after gutting it out for 6+ years. He was a loyal soldier and got absolutely obliterated by local media and fans.  Suffered through an awful first year in New Jersey while his old club was one game away from the WCF. So happy for this dude. 

How awesome is it that rookies like Nico, Bratt, Butcher and Coleman are getting this experience so early in their careers? How much will this experience mean for other youngsters like Zacha, Wood, Severson and Mueller? How good does this feel for loyal soldiers like Greene, Zajac and Schneider who suffered over the last five years? What will it mean for key UFAs (I'm looking at you Tavares) who see a young PLAYOFF CALIBER core being this competitive so soon. 

As a fan, this team is among my favorites. They have some of the biggest set of balls I've ever witnessed. I said I don't care if they get swept in the first round, I just wanna get in, but let's make some noise! 

• Like 5

This season has been one of the most enjoyable and gratifying ones I've ever experienced as a Devils fan. From the arena experience, the fan engagement, to the extremely fun, hardworking and proud team led by a fvcking MVP. And the real fun of the playoffs hasn't even started yet! Can't wait for that first home game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarpathianForest said:

Kinda looking way ahead, but if KK continues to get better and demonstrate that he can be a #1, what do we do with Cory? Do we do a 1A and 1B next year ala Dallas with Bishop and Lehtonen?

Its a better idea than having a $6M backup.

I think there must be some GM out there who thinks that he can get a "good deal" on Schneider right now, hoping he can be rehabilitated. I say we find that guy and fleece the fvck out of him. 

This is the most loved Devils team I can ever remember and the closest connection we've had between the organization and fans. Lou put a barrier there and for a while you really could not question his methods because he won. When he left they finally were removed but the team was bad and boring so there just wasn't much going on, but this year things exploded. The Devils were a fast, fun, young and had actual personalities that you can get to know on social media. And the team wants this kind of engagement because it builds loyalty and affection for the brand.

This window of opportunity that is about to open up will result in a significant growth in our fanbase you can count on that. If and when this team wins the Cup they will announce it with a bullhorn.

• Like 7

Everyone reflect for a minute on how long it's really been since we've been in the playoffs. A 6 year drought isn't unprecedented by any stretch, but for us it's a very long time.

Nico was 13 years old when we were last in the playoffs. I was a 19 year old college freshman working at Dunkin' Donuts, and watched us clinch for the first time since then yesterday at my office. I'm sure so many of you have gotten married, had kids, started bringing them to Devils games all since the last time we were lucky enough to see them in this position. I know people who have been die-hard Devils fans for years and have never experienced this. 

• Like 3