Jump to content

This Incredible Forum


MB3
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've been on this forum for 11 years. 14,000 posts. I joined as a 16 year old, pretending to be someone older so that people would take my posts seriously. I joined a few days after Gomez signed with the Rangers. I saw some truly horrible moments (Lundqvist's victory lap in the Prudential Center, Game 7 against Carolina) and some truly incredible moments (552, Panthers game 7, Rangers game 6). The best part of those moments was dissecting everything, ad nauseum, with you bunch of losers.

It's been a special season because of how unexpected it all was. And we finally get to see the boys back in the playoffs, where I know I'll get into at least six fights with some of you (7, dog, where you at?). 

What can get lost in all of this excitement is that our moderators run this forum out-of-pocket and rely solely on donations or link referrals to keep it going. These same moderators who put up with a ton of sh!t doing a thankless job rarely ask for funding. Rarely. Not sure about you, but I have no idea how I'd live my life without this site. And, while the iron is hot and we're all feeling great, I'll encourage you to send them a few bucks to keep the site going and thank them for an amazing season. 

Thanks for putting up with my sh!t, guys. Let's go Devils.

https://www.paypal.me/njdevs

Venmo: @njdevs

 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I just checked and I have been on this forum for a little over 8 years now.  Holy hell where did the time go?!!?

8 years in June for me... I was finishing Grad School, now I fly and do absolutely nothing with my degrees lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I joined just after the 2004-05 lockout (I was 34), after being on the ESPN message boards (under e624k49...don't ask).  Yeah time flies.

Love this place, hate the occasional doom and gloom (and especially when some people give up on the team when they're down early).  MB's constant (over)criticisms of the coaches, players, and the unnecessary "stoppable/unstoppable" goal analysis made me crazier than anything else.  But overall it's an awesome place.  There's a reason I'm here constantly.  

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I've been on this forum for 11 years. 14,000 posts. I joined as a 16 year old, pretending to be someone older so that people would take my posts seriously. I joined a few days after Gomez signed with the Rangers. I saw some truly horrible moments (Lundqvist's victory lap in the Prudential Center, Game 7 against Carolina) and some truly incredible moments (552, Panthers game 7, Rangers game 6). The best part of those moments was dissecting everything, ad nauseum, with you bunch of losers.

It's been a special season because of how unexpected it all was. And we finally get to see the boys back in the playoffs, where I know I'll get into at least six fights with some of you (7, dog, where you at?). 

What can get lost in all of this excitement is that our moderators run this forum out-of-pocket and rely solely on donations or link referrals to keep it going. These same moderators who put up with a ton of sh!t doing a thankless job rarely ask for funding. Rarely. Not sure about you, but I have no idea how I'd live my life without this site. And, while the iron is hot and we're all feeling great, I'll encourage you to send them a few bucks to keep the site going and thank them for an amazing season. 

Thanks for putting up with my sh!t, guys. Let's go Devils.

https://www.paypal.me/njdevs

Venmo: @njdevs

 

Thanks for your multiple donations this year (via bets paid etc)!

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

oh man.. i'm here since 2002
I learn english with U.S sport commentary and you, bunch of silly North Americans people 
 

I can't spend a day without checking here at least one time (and some really intense F5 ten thousand time per day... during Niedermayer leaving, Kovy signing, etc etc... )

Thanks again Chief DM ! Looking forward to see you in flesh one day ! 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I was poster #5 when there was a list of who was first, lol. Here on the "new" board since '02

Glad to be back in the post season. All seems right in the Universe.

But the biggest order of business is bugging my neighbors as I put my Devils neon bar light (with the Bud Light portion covered in electrical tape) back in my bay window.

That friggin' window has been dark for five years.

NO MORE

LGD!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joined this forum at the end of the season in 08, just as the Rangers were dominating the Devils 4-1 in the Quarter-finals. In one week it will be 10 years for me. WTF? I swear I just started posting. I remember I read the boards for awhile before joining, I was actually too timid to jump into the madness for awhile but it was Johnny Oduya's high level of play that inspired me to make my first post. I went back to reading for awhile after stating my peace on Johnny O but really got active when the Devils traded for my favorite player in the league, no name.

A decade later and this board is still the best place to go for Devils talk. I've never met any of you, so I've instinctively always pictured posters on the board as their avatars or user names, i.e. David Puddy is Gene Wilder,  DaneykoIsGod is Ken Daneyko, MitB is evil Mickey Mouse, MSweet is Lou, Daniel is Adam West's Batman, Ollie McKraut is Mike Tyson, EagleJelly is a mutant baby, 7 is Claude Lemieux,  ZeroGravity is The Dude, Masked Fan wears a mask, Triumph is slender man, etc... Like when Daniel posts I literally picture Adam West in the Batman suit typing away at his keyboard.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

I think I was poster #5 when there was a list of who was first, lol. Here on the "new" board since '02

Glad to be back in the post season. All seems right in the Universe.

But the biggest order of business is bugging my neighbors as I put my Devils neon bar light (with the Bud Light portion covered in electrical tape) back in my bay window.

That friggin' window has been dark for five years.

NO MORE

LGD!!!!!!!!!

I know i was on the board before this one... but can't remember exactly when ... but between 98 & 2002. 
Bring so much good memories ! (even the time you were pure against France and freedom fries ahaha ) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I joined day 1 back in 2002, but I'm 1 of the originals from the NJO Devs board which I started posting on in 1994??

then we went to Network 54  in 2000 for awhile under the Original  Network 54 - Welcome to Hell - which BTW is still there!! Its crazy you still see a bunch of the same names from here!!

I read a lot more than I post these days, just too much going on & I donot have the energy to argue like I used to!! ( I still HATE Friesen! :P)

BTW I found out today that I have followers?  is that like stalkers?  & I won the day 7 times, what does that even mean?

Edited by redruM
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m still new (been here 2 seasons now) compared to all you guys that have been here like a decade + but I already love this forum. Wish I would have found it sooner. I lurked other places for hockey talk/news but never felt comfortable joining anywhere else until I found this board. As someone who’s not from NJ it’s great to be able to talk about the Devils with people who are just as passionate about them. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m still new (been here 2 seasons now) compared to all you guys that have been here like a decade + but I already love this forum. Wish I would have found it sooner. I lurked other places for hockey talk/news but never felt comfortable joining anywhere else until I found this board. As someone who’s not from NJ it’s great to be able to talk about the Devils with people who are just as passionate about them. 

SHUT UP ! WE ARE MORE PASSIONNATE ! 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Joined this forum at the end of the season in 08, just as the Rangers were dominating the Devils 4-1 in the Quarter-finals. In one week it will be 10 years for me. WTF? I swear I just started posting. I remember I read the boards for awhile before joining, I was actually too timid to jump into the madness for awhile but it was Johnny Oduya's high level of play that inspired me to make my first post. I went back to reading for awhile after stating my peace on Johnny O but really got active when the Devils traded for my favorite player in the league, no name.

A decade later and this board is still the best place to go for Devils talk. I've never met any of you, so I've instinctively always pictured posters on the board as their avatars or user names, i.e. David Puddy is Gene Wilder,  DaneykoIsGod is Ken Daneyko, MitB is evil Mickey Mouse, MSweet is Lou, Daniel is Adam West's Batman, Ollie McKraut is Mike Tyson, EagleJelly is a mutant baby, 7 is Claude Lemieux,  ZeroGravity is The Dude, Masked Fan wears a mask, Triumph is slender man, etc... Like when Daniel posts I literally picture Adam West in the Batman suit typing away at his keyboard.

I actually sort of do the same...it must be instinctive and/or natural.  And it's hard for you, because I don't know what your name means and you have no avatar.  We might have to picture you/refer to you as Houdini lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rock said:

I post rarely these days, but I check it out everyday.  Oh yeah was one of the refugees from the original forum. B)

I legit just searched the forum by members and sorted by join date, and saw like the first 5 guys, two or three of which I recognized and are still active here, then I saw your name and your avatar and didn't recognize it, and I was like "I wonder what that guy's up to nowadays, having joined this site so longer ago...", and here you are lol.  It's awesome to see people who have stuck around so long and/or from the beginning.  There's one other hockey related site that I've been posting on for the better part of 16-17 years - I wish I had found this site at that time too.  Good group we have here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I actually sort of do the same...it must be instinctive and/or natural.  And it's hard for you, because I don't know what your name means and you have no avatar.  We might have to picture you/refer to you as Houdini lol

I had an avatar quite a few years ago. It was a red devil head (not NJ Devil just a random devil head) and it looked good because it was a png file so it had a 3D-type of effect. The board has changed formats a few times over the years, and one time it did, my avatar didn't look as good anymore and so I just removed it and haven't found anything I felt I wanted to use since. I did have a huge yellow crying face png after no name left but I got rid of it soon after in order to delete no name from my memory.

 

Edited by Neb00rs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rock said:

I post rarely these days, but I check it out everyday.  Oh yeah was one of the refugees from the original forum. B)

When I first started posting here, I literally thought you were a news bot. :lol: Wait, are you? :o

Edited by Neb00rs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.