Sign in to follow this  
MB3

This Incredible Forum

No news bot before twitter you had to search the actual newspapers for articles. I used to search at least 7 papers a day then the upcoming opponents paper.  I got to work early so I had it all posted before 8:00 AM.  With all the bloggers and twitter feeds are the reasons I don't post much anymore.:rolleyes::lol:

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Rock said:

No news bot before twitter you had to search the actual newspapers for articles. I used to search at least 7 papers a day then the upcoming opponents paper.  I got to work early so I had it all posted before 8:00 AM.  With all the bloggers and twitter feeds are the reasons I don't post much anymore.:rolleyes::lol:

Another job lost to automation. :(

I joined March 3, 2007 and last won the day Oct 25, 2014,. lol .

I've been lurking for the most part the last 4 or 5 years. Once the family thing kicked into gear its been hard, but always here in spirit. I have only been to one NHL game in 2 years and it was a Canes game. Yikes. 

• Like 1

I joined here in 03 before went on the cup win, amazing how many highs and lows with the team I've experienced with the lot if you. Still by far the best place to talk hockey with Devils fans. We go overboard sometimes but it's still the most level headed discussion anywhere online to talk Devils. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, adavid said:

I joined March 3, 2007 and last won the day Oct 25, 2014,. lol .

I've been lurking for the most part the last 4 or 5 years. Once the family thing kicked into gear its been hard, but always here in spirit. I have only been to one NHL game in 2 years and it was a Canes game. Yikes. 

@NCDevsFan?

I sure hope this current run will motivate other old posters who have gotten too busy with life and other stuff to drop back in.

• Like 2

Mostly I just lurk and read everyone else's posts but I joined in 2002 and check in at least once a day to keep up with whats going on.  I don't mind HF Boards as much as some but I do find this board much more informative on all things Devils since their aren't so many fans of other teams chiming in.     

Just sent money via paypal.   Worth every penny.    

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 2

3/1/06 here, crazy to realize it's been 12 years - great place to be. Thank you.

• Like 2

I lurked here for a couple of years before I joined and started posting and now watching a game without you lot for company on the game thread just wouldn't be the same.

• Like 1

This thread made me curious as to when I joined--July 2003.  I have now been a member of this site for half of my life.  Wow.

• Like 3

I have 132 days won in under 4 years, last won yesterday!! 

I think that’s a pretty high percentage. Mike Brown, is it my low danger posts or the high danger ones??

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

@NCDevsFan?

I sure hope this current run will motivate other old posters who have gotten too busy with life and other stuff to drop back in.

That's me! Man, I'm hoping they show the Devs playoff games on NBCSN or I am screwed. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

@NCDevsFan?

Around here we call them “fair weather fans” or “bandwagon jumpers”.

21 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Joined this forum at the end of the season in 08, just as the Rangers were dominating the Devils 4-1 in the Quarter-finals. In one week it will be 10 years for me. WTF? I swear I just started posting. I remember I read the boards for awhile before joining, I was actually too timid to jump into the madness for awhile but it was Johnny Oduya's high level of play that inspired me to make my first post. I went back to reading for awhile after stating my peace on Johnny O but really got active when the Devils traded for my favorite player in the league, no name.

A decade later and this board is still the best place to go for Devils talk. I've never met any of you, so I've instinctively always pictured posters on the board as their avatars or user names, i.e. David Puddy is Gene Wilder,  DaneykoIsGod is Ken Daneyko, MitB is evil Mickey Mouse, MSweet is Lou, Daniel is Adam West's Batman, Ollie McKraut is Mike Tyson, EagleJelly is a mutant baby, 7 is Claude Lemieux,  ZeroGravity is The Dude, Masked Fan wears a mask, Triumph is slender man, etc... Like when Daniel posts I literally picture Adam West in the Batman suit typing away at his keyboard.

Heh heh, I've always pictured '7' as Lemieux too, for the same exact reason...even though I've met MD2020, I still kind of picture John Madden being the one who's entering MD2020's posts.  Yeah, some members definitely have a way of becoming their avatars.  On another forum (non-hockey-related...went kaput many years ago), my screenname was Dirk Diggler, because I was a huge fan of the movie Boogie Nights (though it kind of unravels a bit in the final act).  It was funny when other members kept addressing me as Dirk, but when no one knows your real name, that's how it goes on boards.  Thank god no one asked me to flash...I'm not ashamed of what I've been bestowed, but Dirk Diggler I am NOT.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I very much love this board. I go back to the original board, and was on AOL boards back in the day day. It's always been a staple of my internetting, no matter whatever life has thrown in its way. I'm trying to figure out my join date. 

EDIT: Found it - September 9, 2002 - DAMN

Edited by HellOnICE
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

I very much love this board. I go back to the original board, and was on AOL boards back in the day day. It's always been a staple of my internetting, no matter whatever life has thrown in its way. I'm trying to figure out my join date. 

Remember, that's just for this iteration of the board - njdevs had already existed for a year before that, after DM and others got fed up with network54's unreliability.

I'm glad to see some of the old crew back after some tough years.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, redruM said:

I joined day 1 back in 2002, but I'm 1 of the originals from the NJO Devs board which I started posting on in 1994??

then we went to Network 54  in 2000 for awhile under the Original  Network 54 - Welcome to Hell - which BTW is still there!! Its crazy you still see a bunch of the same names from here!!

I read a lot more than I post these days, just too much going on & I donot have the energy to argue like I used to!! ( I still HATE Friesen! :P)

BTW I found out today that I have followers?  is that like stalkers?  & I won the day 7 times, what does that even mean?

Holy crap its still there! Haha. Wow! Its nice to see some our old school posts, and the  2000 Cup win on there!! http://www.network54.com/Forum/56793/page-52

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Triumph said:

Remember, that's just for this iteration of the board - njdevs had already existed for a year before that, after DM and others got fed up with network54's unreliability.

I'm glad to see some of the old crew back after some tough years.

It was also cool to see how many stuck around through the tough years too.  It was a fair amount.  It's nice to see real happiness here again, even though there will always be some dust-ups.  We're in that rare "just enjoying it" window...when your team is losing, it's tough, and once your team establishes itself, making the playoffs suddenly isn't good enough for the masses.  Unless this team wins a Cup, it probably won't be any more of a lovefest around here than it is right now.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who has donated on Paypal and Venmo in the last couple of days. If you want to be moved to the Ad free group just shoot me a message.

58 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Around here we call them “fair weather fans” or “bandwagon jumpers”.

I don't know. Just cuz I have not been posting doesn't mean I haven't been reading and paying attention to the games. I only posted here now when I saw a thread that interested me. Does that make me a fair weather fan? I guess so.

Lets be honest, when they are winning, the conversation is more exciting, so you tend to jump in and contribute. My last post before this year was 2016. Last year and this I didn't get Center Ice. Its tough to justify the cost when they aren't playing well, not too mention I have other personal things I need to attend to. If that makes me a bad fan, so be it. I think the fact I support a team that is 500 miles away versus one that is 10 miles away, and have done so for 15 plus years makes me a pretty good fan, but I understand how it may not look that way.

• Like 2

Heh heh, I've always pictured '7' as Lemieux too, for the same exact reason...even though I've met MD2020, I still kind of picture John Madden being the one who's entering MD2020's posts.  Yeah, some members definitely have a way of becoming their avatars.  On another forum (non-hockey-related...went kaput many years ago), my screenname was Dirk Diggler, because I was a huge fan of the movie Boogie Nights (though it kind of unravels a bit in the final act).  It was funny when other members kept addressing me as Dirk, but when no one knows your real name, that's how it goes on boards.  Thank god no one asked me to flash...I'm not ashamed of what I've been bestowed, but Dirk Diggler I am NOT.

Haha Madden is obviously why I chose that name when I signed up too, thought the whole play on the booze was clever at the time lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude I used to post on the ESPN boards back in the day, both the Devils and the Miami Dolphins boards (most of you probably know I’m a die-hard Dolphins fan too). I think my handle was njdolphan if I remember correctly. I used to read NJDevs all the time, I honestly wish I had signed up earlier than I did lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I love Boogie Nights. Big fan of most of P.T. Anderson’s movies actually. 

56 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I love Boogie Nights. Big fan of most of P.T. Anderson’s movies actually. 

I've only seen Boogie Nights...I keep telling myself that I need to check out more of PTA's work.

Lots of great behind-the-scenes info on Boogie Nights...they didn't have to do a thing to the location that served as Jack Horner's house, as it was completely dated all on its own...they found it while looking for a house in CA to shoot exteriors...saved everyone a lot of money in that the crew didn't need to build a house set or modify an existing house to give it that 70s look.  And of course Burt Reynolds was miserable during filming (even got into altercations with both PTA and castmate Thomas Jane ) and thought the movie was going to be terrible...actually wound being one of his best performances.  PTA actually wanted Leonardo DiCaprio to play Eddie Adams/Dirk Diggler...DiCaprio was already tied up (think he was working on Titanic at the time), but he recommended Mark Wahlberg for the part, as they had worked together on The Basketball Diaries.  Can't really picture anyone else as Dirk...Wahlberg nailed every part of his character's arc.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Rock said:

Your amazing work was such a precious help for someone like me who were cut from anything related to hockey ! I can't thank you enough... I  would have maybe give up without people like you ! Seriously... 

• Like 2