This Incredible Forum

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Around here we call them “fair weather fans” or “bandwagon jumpers”.

Not really. Sure some fans are only around when the team is good. But sometimes people run in to life and can't spend as much time posting on the board or watching  the Devils. And then I can totally understand if the Devils are in the playoffs coming back around and making a little bit of time just for the run. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been on this forum for 11 years. 14,000 posts. I joined as a 16 year old, pretending to be someone older so that people would take my posts seriously. I joined a few days after Gomez signed with

oh man.. i'm here since 2002 I learn english with U.S sport commentary and you, bunch of silly North Americans people    I can't spend a day without checking here at least one time (and some

I post rarely these days, but I check it out everyday.  Oh yeah was one of the refugees from the original forum. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, adavid said:

I don't know. Just cuz I have not been posting doesn't mean I haven't been reading and paying attention to the games. I only posted here now when I saw a thread that interested me. Does that make me a fair weather fan? I guess so.

Lets be honest, when they are winning, the conversation is more exciting, so you tend to jump in and contribute. My last post before this year was 2016. Last year and this I didn't get Center Ice. Its tough to justify the cost when they aren't playing well, not too mention I have other personal things I need to attend to. If that makes me a bad fan, so be it. I think the fact I support a team that is 500 miles away versus one that is 10 miles away, and have done so for 15 plus years makes me a pretty good fan, but I understand how it may not look that way.

Its by no means 100%, but if you only pop in during the good times...

Joe Pesci...it's not his avatar but that's who I picture for [mention=800]MadDog2020[/mention].

Haha I can assure you I look nothing like Joe Pesci, but it gives me an excuse to post this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Its by no means 100%, but if you only pop in during the good times...

yeah that means they missed all the conspiracy theories, black helicopters, the world isn't round and the sky is falling posts the past handful of seasons.  :D

23 hours ago, moustic said:

Your amazing work was such a precious help for someone like me who were cut from anything related to hockey ! I can't thank you enough... I  would have maybe give up without people like you ! Seriously... 

You are welcome!  I was so frustrated trying to get any hockey information.  I felt there must be others who felt the same way.  Since I was finding the articles anyway, I just posted whatever hockey article I found interesting (along with Devils' news}  Some of the articles no one else found interesting but I still kept on doing it anyway.:P

Edited by Rock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much DM for this amazing forum. I certainly don't post as much as I used to, but I certainly lurk just as much as I always have. Always so much fun to read all of everyone's thoughts on here even the back and forth endless arguments between some certain people with intractable differences (as long as they remain friendly and not hateful). At the end of the day, regardless of where life has taken us or what our backgrounds and histories are, we're all Devils fans: a plurality at best in our own territory and a definite minority everywhere else. In the end, this team represents our state which suffers unwarranted disrespect and ridicule throughout the country. This team is the only athletic club that has taken that mantle seriously and done something about it. Whether we go far in the playoffs this year or not, this team is always ours and has more often than not through the last 35 years made us proud and looks poised to continue to do so. 

• Like 4

Late to the party in this thread, but I joined in 2009 when I was in college, and haven't looked back.  Best place to talk Devils hockey on the internet, and I consider myself lucky to be part of it.

Great group of individuals here.  Sad to see some people go over the years, but there's been a solid influx of new users as the team has gotten better.  I hope to see it continue!

• Like 2

Joined in '10 just before I entered college and am now married(!). I was certainly a lurker for a few years before that. Such a good place to talk Devils hockey with a variety of posters who all add his/her unique perspective. 

• Like 2

Been around alooooong time but just a pony poopy lurker here. But this forum and those posting here have been an incredible resource , with the knowledge that some here have, and a constant source of entertainment with the knowledge that some here lack. Bravo boys bravo.  Oh and Lets Go Devils!

• Like 1

I joined 2003 but I think I lurked longer than that because I remember the board before this.  I posted on the ESPN boards and NJO (that board directed me to the board before this).

I don't post too much but enjoy reading all the content since I never lived in NJ and don't know too many Devils fans in real life so it is nice to have all these virtual Devils fans to sit in the corner and listen to their conversations.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:12 AM, DevilMinder said:

Thanks to everyone who has donated on Paypal and Venmo in the last couple of days. If you want to be moved to the Ad free group just shoot me a message.

What are the ads?  Unless I'm already in that group from donating in the past, I don't recall seeing any...

• Like 1

I've been a daily reader for a long time now.  I don't post much but I've been trying to more recently.  And the Devils certainly have been making that easy this season.

Also, I don't have boobs.  Just going to squash those expectations now if I were to attend a meet up in the future.

• Like 2

As always - thanks DM for a great forum. I've been here since the start and came from the Network54 board and njo.com before that along with red, DM, Tri, Rock, Msweet and a couple of others.

Goodness - i remember the days past "The Devils got Tony Amonte!!!!"

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Crisis said:

Also, I don't have boobs.  Just going to squash those expectations now if I were to attend a meet up in the future.

Mildly disappointing. Like when I found out the Kevin Weekes’ Head guy just had a regular head. 

• Like 1

I probably posted more frequently in the past - that is to say- 2002 and a few years after. But that should not be taken as a bandwagon follower. As someone above noted, life does get in the way. It's been a constant pleasure to keep up with New Jersey's team with the folks who share a common passion.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, point said:

I probably posted more frequently in the past - that is to say- 2002 and a few years after. But that should not be taken as a bandwagon follower. As someone above noted, life does get in the way. It's been a constant pleasure to keep up with New Jersey's team with the folks who share a common passion.

When life only stops getting in the way when the team is good, that’s bandwagon following. Not saying that’s your situation, but it is that way for plenty of people. 

4 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I'm actually RunninWithAGraphicDesignJobAtAMidLevelNortheastPaperSupplyCompany

Count Choculitis? Why did you write that down, Jim? Is it because you know I love Count Chocula?

• Like 1

Love this place. Joined in 2009 as a 12 year old. Still love it as much and have been fairly active for a few years (4-5 years I’d say), as I was pretty young at the time and even though I watched the games religiously, I never really thought about posting. But as I grew older, I loved the prospect of talking Devils hockey with passionate fans like me. 

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 2