Who do you want in the playoffs?

roomtemp

If you could pick the match up in the 1st round who would you want? I want Pittsburgh followed by tampa. I think we match up well and I want the Devils to be the ones to stop a 3peat. Also I think Tampa is a team we can beat too. 

I'd like to avoid the capitals if need be. 

Same... except I actually want the Caps the least.  We never seem to do well against them.   Fitting that the last game of the season is against them, and we might very well end up against them.

Lightning and Pens play a similar style to each other, and also to us, and obviously we matched up well with both of them this year.  I'd rather have the Pens less because they have more playoff experience and are more dangerous this time of year I think.  But either one of them is capable of turning it up a notch and probably has another gear that they haven't put in yet as the season has winded down, and it would be tough for us to match that.

I don't really care about the Bruins or the Jackets.  I hate them both, and they're both pretty damn good and would be tough to play against.  We don't seem to play particularly well against either one of them.  I think against Boston we'd be out for some serious revenge, and I'd absolutely love to take it to that fvck Marchand, but I think the B's, with more experience and poise, would be able to take us off our game more than we would be able to take them off theirs, and that would just hurt us.

All in all, I actually feel like this is going to be very tough for these guys no matter who we get.  We've had such a great run the past few weeks in order to solidfy the spot we've held all season long, I just fear they may run out of gas and/or their lack of playoff experience may catch up to them, but it is what it is.  I'm going to remain optimistic and I honestly do believe this team can compete with the best of the best - we've seen it this year at various times, it's just a matter of whether or not they can keep it up consistently.  They did for the last two weeks or so, so it looks promising at least.

• Like 1

Of the 5 possible playoff teams we could face, this my preferred order (most to least):
  1. Penguins - I think we take them to 7 games. We match up well with them
  2. Lightning - I also think this series goes 6 or 7. Another team we would be pretty good against.
  3. Capitals - Regular season aside, it's the Caps in the playoffs so there's no guarantees there.
  4. Blue Jackets - red fvcking hot down the stretch. Do not want.
  5. Boston - fvck. that. 

Pretty much how I feel to the letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Beware Tampa! I see them as the best team and they are playing possum right now.  Just look at that roster!  They are also aware of their 'window' and the time is now for them.

I personally would like to face Boston, just cause they seem to choke in the playoffs (see last year vs Ottawa)

Let Columbus and Pitt destroy each other, same with Toronto and Tbay, and Was to crush Philly.

Just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Of the 5 possible playoff teams we could face, this my preferred order (most to least):

1. Penguins - I think we take them to 7 games. We match up well with them
  2. Lightning - I also think this series goes 6 or 7. Another team we would be pretty good against.
  3. Capitals - Regular season aside, it's the Caps in the playoffs so there's no guarantees there.
  4. Blue Jackets - red fvcking hot down the stretch. Do not want.
  5. Boston - fvck. that. 

I agree also, but wanted to point out how fvcked up it is that we would all prefer the defending Champs as our #1 opponent in the first round. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I agree also, but wanted to point out how fvcked up it is that we would all prefer the defending Champs as our #1 opponent in the first round. 

I mean we're playing with house money and swinging the giant stick [if you catch my drift] from making the playoffs AND our season matchup against them.

Let's get it!

20 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

Anyone. I don’t give a sh!t. I’m extremely confident in these guys going in. But if I HAD TO CHOSE, I’d go with one of Caps, TB or PITT

Yep I agree. I wouldn’t even mind Boston so we could stick it to Marchand and boo him all game when they play at the Rock 

I don't really know what to expect...playoffs are a different beast, and a big chunk of this team is experiencing them for the very first time...I think Tampa and Pittsburgh will be much tougher as a playoff foe than they were in the regular season.  As much as I'm hoping for a big run, it feels more like this will be a valuable learning experience.  If the Devils either win a round or make life extremely difficult for their first-round opponent, I'll be very happy with that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

I want Boston.  They can't handle our speed, and we dominated them during the regular season despite the head to head record.

5 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

....we played them three times and didn’t win any of those games.....

But the metrics, the metrics...

1 hour ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

....we played them three times and didn’t win any of those games.....

Only from dumb mistakes and bad penalties.  We dominated them in every other area, and they showed they really struggled with the Devils speed.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

But the metrics, the metrics...

We went 3-0 against Tampa, but we were outoplayed in the final 2 games of the series.  We got help from bad Tampa goaltending in one of those games.  Game 1 was back in October, and ended in a shootout which doesn't really tell us much.

Visually, we were much better against Boston than Tampa.

5 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

Against Boston 5 on 5

• CF: 135 to 97
  • FF: 104 to 72
  • SF: 82 to 54
  • GF: 6 to 5
  • SCF: 69 to 44
  • HDCF: 26 to 15

Against Tampa 5 on 5

• CF: 120 to 152
  • FF: 104 to 122
  • SF: 75 to 84
  • GF: 7 to 4
  • SCF: 59 to 73
  • HDCF: 25 to 27

Against Boston: 0-2-1

Against Tampa: 3-0

So, those numbers mean what?

1 minute ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

When you put those stats against a 3-0 record vs Tampa and 0-2-1 record versus Boston, it shows that they mean d!ck.

Oh, THAT’S what they mean. 

Edited by mfitz804