Devils vs. Lightning Series Discussion

Derlique

10 hours ago, cgb6397 said:

Cannot wait for this series to get started. 2012 was a loooong time ago. I think if we can prevent Tampa Bay's superstars i.e Stammer, Kuch and Hedman from burning us too badly, then we really have a shot. Easier said than done, but if this series boils down to secondary scoring, I believe our bottom six guys have what it takes to win this series. Should be a fun one. LGD!

P.S. we could be witnessing the budding of the legend of Keith Kinkaid right before our eyes, only time will tell....

IMG_9255.jpg

NJD vs everybody!  LGD!!

15 hours ago, dmann422 said:

if your doing something Kinkaid themed i would recommend emojis since he's into that stuff... half the time I have no idea what the hell he's saying in his tweets.

Yeah I was thinking about that too.  I could probably print out emoji's real big on individual pieces of paper then cut them out and paste/tape them into a board.  

15 hours ago, dmann422 said:

if your doing something Kinkaid themed i would recommend emojis since he's into that stuff... half the time I have no idea what the hell he's saying in his tweets.

Yeah I was thinking about that too.  I could probably print out emoji's real big on individual pieces of paper then cut them out and paste/tape them into a board.  

26 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  I almost made one, but I don't want to be responsible in case we don't win lol.  Who made the last one when we won?  That person should do it :D

That's me...but I also made the one the last time we lost. Shall I?

7 hours ago, Steven M. said:

image.png.dbc45f1efaa70b2cbd17eee6b17a600f.pngimage.png.8c6d1e7b7673a06a5826c4be67222cd5.pngimage.png.a4ca6d4240c53a54e96a16f3426b538e.pngimage.png.31cc5aa28082fa47003ee675f2727b42.pngimage.png.39259adb35a52820a5f266be2e742279.pngimage.png.4e0cc0acd13f6fc1452868c35d284b5e.pngimage.png.ca0736bd46c5fe6dcd6797ef1626889f.png

If that's not a horror movie poster in the making, I don't know what is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So other then Hall and Kinkaid (because the best player needs to be the best player and any team can be submarined by a goaltender who sh!ts the bed.) who will have to play above their station for us to win the series?

I think it has to be Grabner, Wood and Greene. The first two can get really hot and score a goal each a game and that would contribute alot towards the effort and if Greene can turn it up to somewhat his old defensive self with Vatanen , who should be playing like he was during the season,  we can stop enough of Tampa Bay's goal scoring effort.

5 minutes ago, roomtemp said:

So other then Hall and Kinkaid (because the best player needs to be the best player and any team can be submarined by a goaltender who sh!ts the bed.) who will have to play above their station for us to win the series?

I think it has to be Grabner, Wood and Greene. The first two can get really hot and score a goal each a game and that would contribute alot towards the effort and if Greene can turn it up to somewhat his old defensive self with Vatanen , who should be playing like he was during the season,  we can stop enough of Tampa Bay's goal scoring effort.

Grabner and Greene I agree with. Wood on the other hand...I just hope he keeps his ass out of the box. Assuming everyone else plays the same, I would like to see Boyle and Gibbons step up a bit to their early season form as well. Moore has been making some mistakes he wasn't making earlier on in the season on the back end as well. Zacha won't see much ice if he can't stop turning it over in our D zone.

2 hours ago, cgb6397 said:

I could not have predicted that this is were that post would go but lmao I love it 

Did you make your drawing based on that Stamkos picture? If not, that’s fvcking hilarious hahahah it’s really the same!! Notlaughing at your drawings at all by the way man keep them coming you’re real good at this!!! 

1 hour ago, Devs3cups said:

Did you make your drawing based on that Stamkos picture? If not, that’s fvcking hilarious hahahah it’s really the same!! Notlaughing at your drawings at all by the way man keep them coming you’re real good at this!!! 

Yeah, the only reason it's funny is because of how scary accurate it is. Hallsy too. Nice job dude.

• Like 1

Everyone who plays with Moore plays terrible, so instead of choosing between Severson and Mueller how about we shift Mueller to his strong side and play Severson with him.

Wood has to come out, he was simply terrible this game. Caused us a goal on a stupid penalty, turned the puck over numerous times and simply isn't ready to play against top teams. Gibbons just hasn't been effective on the PK or 5 on 5 lately. Sure he plays with the anchor that is Boyle but you have to do something with the puck when you have it and he simply isn't.

Hall - Hischier - Palmieri

Coleman - Zajac - Noesen

Johansson - Zacha - Maroon

Grabner - Boyle  - Bratt

Also, how impressive is it that Butcher has carried his pair with Lovejoy all season. This kid should be given more responsibility next year.

Out of everything I said, Miles Wood must come out for NJ to have a chance IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

My buddy is a big stats guy. He swears up, down, and sideways that Andy Greene has been one of the best defenseman IN THE NHL in the playoffs so far. Thinks I’m insane that I want him sat.

aside from the fact that he’s a crayon eating motherfvcker, is this true? Do the stats really point to him having an okay playoffs?

I don't see how that could be possible honestly. Pretty sure he's a -3 or -4, and he has been terrible. If it were true, that would be the perfect argument to say that analytics and such don't mean sh!t lol

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1