Devils vs. Lightning Series Discussion

Derlique

Devils are doing a viewing party in the arena for game 5 but of course it just had to be in the 3pm slot. The Red Bulls play at home at 3:30pm. So damn annoying. Might wait and see what happens tonight first but damn it would have been perfect if one of these games was at 7pm.

I’m a 76ers fan and they are playing at 2:30 PM on Saturday, so I’ll probably be doing some channel flipping (or more likely watch one game on TV and stream the other on one of my computers).

The good thing about having two games of interest overlap is being able to convince your casual sports fan girlfriend you only need to make a 3 1/2 hour sports watching commitment rather than a 7 or 8 hour sports watching commitment (including the brief break between games), LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So do we think Hynes shakes things up again... We have some players that look to be playing on tired ( if not dead) legs...

Noeson has been great but he looked life less for much of the game, playing Stafford at this point is point less and maybe we need to sit Wood or Boyle...

Maybe give Gibson, Bratt & Anderson a chance to play???

On 4/18/2018 at 12:06 PM, Satans Hockey said:

Devils are doing a viewing party in the arena for game 5 but of course it just had to be in the 3pm slot. The Red Bulls play at home at 3:30pm. So damn annoying. Might wait and see what happens tonight first but damn it would have been perfect if one of these games was at 7pm.

Yea the scheduling didn't work out for me for this series, either. I work nights Monday-Thursday, so I was totally boxed out of going to a first round game. I thought seriously about flying down to Tampa.

5 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

Yea the scheduling didn't work out for me for this series, either. I work nights Monday-Thursday, so I was totally boxed out of going to a first round game. I thought seriously about flying down to Tampa.

Yup, me too. If we wind up sitting around at like 2pm, I may jump in the car and head to the arena, just to try to be involved. 

Not over yet, we beat them in the season series,  we need to get that PP going, we gave em game 4 in my opinion, PP set up and shoot the fvcking puck, park Maroon right out front. Stop with fancy passes, if Sami is out play Santini,  

Edited by Gunslinger27

It's Mueller time.  Santini probably a lil out of sync. Gibby might draw in this game in place of Stafford.. You see when Hynes shortens the bench who he counts on.  

For some reasonI feel pretty good about tomorrow. That there will be a game 6.  Say a rosary!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’d much rather see Bratt than Gibbons. Both were ice cold the entire second half of the season, but Bratt is going to be an important piece moving forward, might as well let him get a taste of the playoffs. 

Yeah, I would let Bratt have a game. If nothing else, it gives him the experience and lets him know the team thinks he's important to the future. 

Which he may or may not be, I'm just saying, it'll feel better for him if he gets in there rather than being the guy that never got a chance. 

I know it’s uncharatrristic for this team, but we have to take the body to Tampa and do it pretty much nonstop. If we start hitting their sainted children, we’ll take Game 5 tomorrow. Let (read: Force) Boyle go out and level someone, I don’t care who it is, but absolutely plant them. Turn the crowd and then strike.

14 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I know it’s uncharatrristic for this team, but we have to take the body to Tampa and do it pretty much nonstop. If we start hitting their sainted children, we’ll take Game 5 tomorrow. Let (read: Force) Boyle go out and level someone, I don’t care who it is, but absolutely plant them. Turn the crowd and then strike.

If you are relying on Boyle to do this, you are going to be sorely disappointed. 

• Haha 1

It's Mueller time.  Santini probably a lil out of sync. Gibby might draw in this game in place of Stafford.. You see when Hynes shortens the bench who he counts on.  
For some reasonI feel pretty good about tomorrow. That there will be a game 6.  Say a rosary!

aad228bf0f800943c2ba31e94ad3f646.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Am I the only one that is 100% finished with the Stafford experiment? At least Grabner brings speed other teams need to respect while he is on the ice and he can make plays with that speed away from the puck to open ice for other players. Stafford brings zilch. Throw Grabner back in or give Bratt a shot.  

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Am I the only one that is 100% finished with the Stafford experiment? At least Grabner brings speed other teams need to respect while he is on the ice and he can make plays with that speed away from the puck to open ice for other players. Stafford brings zilch. Throw Grabner back in or give Bratt a shot.  

Does he? I'd love to see that...

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I’ve been done with Stafford a long time ago. Especially since there is no shootout in the playoffs. Bratt should get a shot. 

3 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

I’ve been done with Stafford a long time ago. Especially since there is no shootout in the playoffs. Bratt should get a shot. 

The only issue is, Bratt is going to get physically abused if he plays. These guys are pushing everyone around, and Bratt has no physicality to deal with that. 

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The only issue is, Bratt is going to get physically abused if he plays. These guys are pushing everyone around, and Bratt has no physicality to deal with that. 

I agree but I like Bratt better on the PP. Stafford literally brings nothing to the table in my eyes. If not Stafford then I suppose Grabner. Or Anderson. Or a cardboard cutout. Just anyone besides Stafford. 

9 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

I agree but I like Bratt better on the PP. Stafford literally brings nothing to the table in my eyes. If not Stafford then I suppose Grabner. Or Anderson. Or a cardboard cutout. Just anyone besides Stafford. 

Agreed. Stafford is brutal on the PP. I guarantee Bratt will at least gets SOG instead of whiffing or flubbling perfect passes. 

21 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

I wasn't suggesting they shouldn't put Bratt in, and I would prefer him also. I just don't think his compete level would be very high. But at this point, it would be good to get a look.