We made the playoffs because...

eldon

...because of Drew Stafford. 

February 13, Drew Stafford scored in the shootout to pick up the extra point. Without that goal, we have one less point and we lose the tiebreaker to Florida and we're on the golf course right now. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

...because of Drew Stafford. 

February 13, Drew Stafford scored in the shootout to pick up the extra point. Without that goal, we have one less point and we lose the tiebreaker to Florida and we're on the golf course right now. 

Oh man this is a fun way to go about this.

I'm going to go with Eddie Lack.

On February 17th, Lack played the best game of his life and led the Devils past the Lightning by making 48 saves on 51 shots.  Without those two points.. etc. etc.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Oh man this is a fun way to go about this.

I'm going to go with Eddie Lack.

On February 17th, Lack played the best game of his life and led the Devils past the Lightning by making 48 saves on 51 shots.  Without those two points.. etc. etc.

So fun...

...without Jimmy Hayes and his two game winning goals. 

• Like 1

I'll go with the kids: because Nico loves to Hockey (and score 52 points)... because a 2016 6th round pick made the team and by some miracle scored 35 points... and because Butcher somehow wasn't vesey'd by the NYR (or anyone else) and got 44 pts!  :cheers:  Can't top the Coleman pickle juice comment so I'll leave it at that! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Is 1-2-1 really “falling apart”?

Still amazing that an 0-2-1 winless streak was enough to kill them....even with that, they went 25-8-2. 

But like we've noted, when you start 19-22-6 and pretty much suck for 57% of your season, it's hard to make a real argument for why you deserve a playoff berth at the expense of others.  Next time Panthers, don't wait until the 48-game mark to start making your move.