2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

2 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

That Morrisey hit on Staal was disgusting, he skated over to him away from the play to reach up and cross check him in the head. If Kadri got 3, that should be 4 or 5. No call either, it's astounding how many of these cheap shots are being missed.

They really need to come down hard on him. So blatantly dangerous. 

3 hours ago, PacificDevil said:

For those counting - down to 15 teams vying for the Cup two of which are one loss from making it 13 (Minnesota, Anaheim)

Remember the Minnesota traitor (ZP) is hurt now.  Awww, too bad.  Looks your offseason has started already!

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s gotta be AT LEAST three games. I’d give him four or five.

That's deliberate and pointless head contact. I'm not sure if he has a history of suspensions, but he got away (penalty but no suspension) with this hit less than a month ago. It wasn't as obvious, but I wonder if having skated on this one, he'll now be punished for the clearer, more deliberate one. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

6af9c86d3c9a09fc933c7948c158cbbf.jpg emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my favorite parts of NJDevs is when someone posts something and then the opposite happens, and we get to re-post how they were wrong. 

It doesn't usually happen with an All-Star player, though. That's awesome. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

He really was. He’s been great all series.

Yup, was gonna say the same.  He only let in 7 goals in 4 games, and his team was blanked in two of them.  He's the reason I actually thought the Kings would win in 7 - was counting on his experience and ability.  Had no idea the team in front of him would sh!t the bed like that.

14 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Idk how I feel about Vegas yet, like it's absolutely amazing that they are doing what they are doing yet at the same time I'm like go fvck yourself cause their fans get to buy season tickets and support the team for one year and immediately get rewarded with maybe a cup win. It's wild lol

The Knights are a bit of a different expansion team if you compare them with most others. I think back in the day teams had a lot less talent to play with, that's why a lot of expansion teams started with over-the hill broken down guys and goons. Take a look at the 93-94 Ducks squad for reference. Nowadays there is such a glut of talent, plus teams didn't expose some weak chum. Quite a few of the Knights' players probably were pretty upset that they got exposed and have quite a chip on their shoulder.

• Like 2

Idk how I feel about Vegas yet, like it's absolutely amazing that they are doing what they are doing yet at the same time I'm like go fvck yourself cause their fans get to buy season tickets and support the team for one year and immediately get rewarded with maybe a cup win. It's wild lol

Happened with Colorado. Nordiques move to Denver, they trade for Roy- boom, Cup in year one. Obviously they weren’t an expansion team, but I still can’t remember a team moving and then winning in the first year in their new city, and it’s the only parallel I can think of regarding the fans getting a team and then seeing them win a championship immediately. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm happy for them, their fans are legit, most know the game well and they have a fvck ton from pregame until well in the night. I wore my Devils zip up to the arena and struck up a handful of conversations ranging from transplants reveling in the Devils, to "oh cool devils, welcome to Vegas." They didn't have that air of arrogance fans get, ours included, when the teams get hot, more of a happy to be there vibe.

And fvck Drew Doughty, can't wait for him to demand a massive contract when he hits free agency and then his game takes a sh!t. Once Vegas started to hit him, he was off his game, he's not used to being the one getting hit and he didn't know how to respond while still playing his game. His "I deserve more money than Subban" comment when we played them pissed me off.