2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

This is pretty sweet reading

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/04/23/wild-fire-gm-chuck-fletcher-who-leaves-behind-a-mess/

Those contracts for Suter/Parise seem like a lifetime ago but I laughed when I saw the Wild are on the hook for the Dynamic Duo until 2025.   For anyone who still doesn't think we lucked out getting out of Kovy's contract when we did, just look at those albatrosses.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/04/23/wild-fire-gm-chuck-fletcher-who-leaves-behind-a-mess/

Those contracts for Suter/Parise seem like a lifetime ago but I laughed when I saw the Wild are on the hook for the Dynamic Duo until 2025.   For anyone who still doesn't think we lucked out getting out of Kovy's contract when we did, just look at those albatrosses.   

Albatrosses that we totally would have loved to have signed at the time lol. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

The one "good thing" about those contracts is the last three years of each one is attractive from a "hit the floor" standpoint from 2022-23 on, assuming Parise and/or Suter were ever willing to waive their NMCs...each player is only owed $4 million each over the final three years of their contracts (that's not even per season...that's $4 million TOTAL for three years), but the cap hit is over $7.5 million each year.  A bad team might be able to use one of those contracts to hit the floor (or just take the hit if they don't have to worry about their cap situation for a while) and get the Wild to pay a price for helping them out. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Albatrosses that we totally would have loved to have signed at the time lol. 

I was actually OK with Parise leaving at the term he got...13 years is just insanity for any player.  Was also worried (as were others) about how his game would hold up long term. 

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I was actually OK with Parise leaving at the term he got...13 years is just insanity for any player.  Was also worried (as were others) about how his game would hold up long term. 

Wait, when Parise left us, he signed a 13 year contract??? Holy crap, I don't remember that! lol.  Wow...  

17 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

In that alternate universe, where Parise successfully convinces Suter to join him in NJ, and I think the Devils make a really solid run at the cup one or two times after that 2012 season. Especially if we still pull off the Schneider move. 

And Biff is rich, and famous, and married to your mother!!

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2018 at 1:37 PM, Chuck the Duck said:

I thought Buffalo got a first for Kane.  We are not in any position to be giving up first round picks.

The Maroon trade has been ok.  At least he produces a little.  The Grabner trade has been a disaster, and was one that I hated from when it was made.  He’s done nothing, won’t be resigned, and cost us a second and top D prospect that went to our biggest rival which you know will come back to haunt us in the future.  Shero has been great, but that trade was not 1 of his finer moments.

They did, but we gave up a 2nd and 3rd for Maroon and that clown Grabner. They may have taken a 2nd and rd for him. Kane is a difference maker and they are not. Just my .02.

On 4/19/2018 at 9:57 AM, thecoffeecake said:

This whole "being out played by higher skilled players" thing is nonsense. Parity is razor thin in the NHL. Losing in 5 is one thing, but they've been thoroughly out played more times than the talent gap would predict. This isn't the NBA. Every team should have a shot in every series. I think the Devils were unprepared and their inexperience was one of the biggest factors. You hope we keep improving, and I trust that we will, but no one would be shocked if we weren't back in the playoffs until 20 or 21. Disappointed they haven't kept this series very close. 

Nonesense??? Man were you watching the same game as everyone else??? We have one.....I repeat one highly talented player on the roster and that's Hall. Nico did very well for a rookie. Any given day one team could beat another.....I get that. But Tampa had serious talent where the Devils just do not! Devils have a bunch of money to spend this offseason and I hope they get Hall some help.