2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

3 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

The initial point of contact is shoulder to shoulder.. wtf is a taller player to do.. it rides up on follow through

guys get hurt in this sport.. it's violent 

Not drive his shoulder into an opponent's face.

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

Total bullsh!t suspension. Where was the suspension for Kucherov. fvcking Pens.

Wilson’s hit was much worse, plus he has a history. 

Not saying Kucherov shouldn’t have got a game though. 

9 minutes ago, SargentD said:

Doc and Milbury don't seem to see things eye to eye quite often, it seems.

Well, Doc is a gentleman, and a highly intelligent individual, and Milbury is Mike fvcking Milbury...

• Like 3

It's really a sight to see as soon as the network switches over to the game in Wiinnipeg. Not only is everyone dressed in white -- we all knew that already -- but ALL the fans are in their seats sitting patiently. Not a one is walking down the aisle with food in their hands or just plain late arriving. To a man, they are ALL there to see the game.

• Like 4

Just now, SargentD said:

It's really a sight to see as soon as the network switches over to the game in Wiinnipeg. Not only is everyone dressed in white -- we all knew that already -- but ALL the fans are in their seats sitting patiently. Not a one is walking down the aisle with food in their hands or just plain late arriving. To a man, they are ALL there to see the game.

very cool, sitting here saying the same thing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Not drive his shoulder into an opponent's face.

Wow, Just saw the hit from a different camera angle,  from the close boards not across the ice.. it looks completely illegal from that angle.. I agree with the suspension he whiffed on the shoulder and caught jaw..

1 minute ago, EdgeControl said:

Wow, Just saw the hit from a different camera angle,  from the close boards not across the ice.. it looks completely illegal from that angle.. I agree with the suspension he whiffed on the shoulder and caught jaw..

Yup. Gotta land your checks, and in today’s NHL, you have to land them correctly. 

14 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

RIP Bill Torrey. https://www.nhl.com/islanders/news/william-a-torrey-passes-away/c-298423830

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great architect of those great Isles teams.  Once they got rolling,  the goonie Flyers' Cups became just a bad, distant memory.  And after the Isles' 4 came the Great One's Oiler teams.  If we enjoy this game today, the way it is played, the ultimate speed game, let's be thankful for those two great teams.  Thanks Bill, Al and Wayne.  RIP Bill Torrey.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

He's the one that put John Moore on a stretcher last season.

This guy deserves to have his ass kicked and left in a fvcking gutter. 

Yup, I do remember that and know exactly where I was.  I was watching the game in my kitchen making lunch (I think it was an afternoon game in March) and stopped when it happened because it was such a sh!tty hit.

Agree that he needs to get his ass kicked by someone.

Yup, I do remember that and know exactly where I was.  I was watching the game in my kitchen making lunch (I think it was an afternoon game in March) and stopped when it happened because it was such a sh!tty hit.

That game was actually on New Year’s Eve.

40 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That game was actually on New Year’s Eve.

Oh gotcha, maybe that's why it was memorable.  Was it in the afternoon? lol.   Unless I'm thinking of another Caps game where Wilson was a sh!thead to us, which is entirely possible :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I was at that game, and I booed him anytime he was on the ice afterwards. 

Oh gotcha, maybe that's why it was memorable.  Was it in the afternoon? lol.   Unless I'm thinking of another Caps game where Wilson was a sh!thead to us, which is entirely possible :lol:

Yeah it was an afternoon game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I just watched the hit on Moore on youtube and I'm getting fired up at all the fvcking comments defending the hit. It's obvious these people don't know or understand the rules and have never played before. I want to call them out but its been over a year since they commented so I am trying to let it go lol. 

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I was at that game, and I booed him anytime he was on the ice afterwards. 

Good.  Had I been there he would've heard me for sure.

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah it was an afternoon game.

Yep, just looked it up and saw it was a 1pm game.  The ole memory ain't too bad after all :D

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I just watched the hit on Moore on youtube and I'm getting fired up at all the fvcking comments defending the hit. It's obvious these people don't know or understand the rules and have never played before. I want to call them out but its been over a year since they commented so I am trying to let it go lol. 

I just watched it again too lol, and man, that was a pretty bad one.  Wilson didn't leave his feet, but Moore completely had his back towards him and wasn't ready for it at all.  Totally smashed his head into the glass. Easy boarding call and worthy of a suspension. 

• Like 2

I walked out of that game because it pissed me off to no end that we just basically let it happen, proceeded to get pummeled down like 4-0 or 4-1 or something and then 40 minutes later pointless Luke Gazdic, who never belonged on this roster (ever), finally goes to fight him and everyone starts cheering... I was like fvck this sh!t.

Sometimes I wish for Bryaden Point to suffer a career ending injury that isn't that painful and that soon thereafter  he becomes a billionaire in some other field besides hockey.  Whatever it takes for him to lead a successful life while not constantly tormenting Devils fans that he should be playing for us.

• Like 1