2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

10 GP, 8 W, .951 SV%, 1.53 GAA.

So the Penguins gave up a second round pick to not select Murray and take MAF.  I can't blame them I guess... MAF had some brutal series in the playoffs as a Penguin.  But he's playing Conn Smyth level hockey right now... insane.  

I wonder how much of Vegas's success can be directly attributed to him.  Maybe someone smarter than me can chime in with where Vegas would be with a goalie who posted a .910 or something.

Think Brodeur in 1995 with the similarly built team rolling 4 lines - they compliment each other

MAF is having a JSG type playoff so far. Getting ahead of myself here... Wonder if he’ll be the 2nd player ever to win the Conn Smyth as a loser

Actually he’d be the fourth if it happened- Reggie Leach did it in ‘76 and Hextall in ‘87.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Actually he’d be the fourth if it happened- Reggie Leach did it in ‘76 and Hextall in ‘87.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also Brian Leetch in 1994. 

Yeah, they won the Cup, but he's a Ranger so he's still a loser. 

:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

10 GP, 8 W, .951 SV%, 1.53 GAA.

So the Penguins gave up a second round pick to not select Murray and take MAF.  I can't blame them I guess... MAF had some brutal series in the playoffs as a Penguin.  But he's playing Conn Smyth level hockey right now... insane.  

I wonder how much of Vegas's success can be directly attributed to him.  Maybe someone smarter than me can chime in with where Vegas would be with a goalie who posted a .910 or something.

He allows VGK to play the uptempo style they like, great confidence they have in him.  They could not do this with any mere mortal; their roster is full of those who thrive on this tempo.  (I think he does, too.)  They would not be the story that has taken the league by storm without him.

And remember, he has 4(!) shutouts in 10 playoff games, only 2 losses and 8 wins.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

God damn it, I can't get over how ugly Patrick Laine is. He's horrifying enough, and now with this bowl cut and mass shooter's beard, he looks like the drummer of a black metal band that would fire bomb a church in Norway.

He could look like Barney Fife for all I care with the talent he has. 

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

lol you always prove to be such a fvcking tool.  When he actually gets to the finals and wins a cup let me know.

Damn man that’s pretty harsh. I’ve always liked  you since I’ve been around here...

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Damn man that’s pretty harsh. I’ve always liked  you since I’ve been around here...

Sorry about that and you are right.  Many apologies.  I just fvcking hate Ovi with a passion.  I loved seeing his failures being almost as big as his sh!tty ego.  fvck him.

whatever he won't get past the next round.

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Sorry about that and you are right.  Many apologies.  I just fvcking hate Ovi with a passion.  I loved seeing his failures being almost as big as his sh!tty ego.  fvck him.

whatever he won't get past the next round.

No problem man. Appreciate it. And I can certainly understand being annoyed af when it’s a player you hate that much. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

No problem man. Appreciate it. And I can certainly understand being annoyed af when it’s a player you hate that much. 

Thanks.  Again very sorry.  I almost would prefer to see the flyers win over Ovi winning one.

almost.

I wonder when was the last time that 3 of the final 4 teams had never won a Stanley Cup?

And for that matter, there's only one Cup among the remaining teams combined. I can't imagine that's happened too many times.

It's great for your team to win a championship no matter what, but among the remaining teams, the fanbase for whom it might be "least special" to win is probably Vegas. They don't know what it's like to suffer yet, lol.

I feel so happy for Ovi, he's always been one of my favorite non-Devils and if anyone ever thought he didn't want to win they just weren't paying attention, so happy he finally slayed his dragon and got past the Pens for the ECF berth. Go Caps Go, beat up on Tampa now

• Like 1