2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

He could look like Barney Fife for all I care with the talent he has. 

I love his game, he's just real tough to look at.

If I was in Winnipeg, I think I'd rather be outside on that street than in the game. Looks like a lawless ball.

6 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Letang clearly the MVP of the series. Good lord did he look completely lost at times.

Go Caps go! Caps vs Tampa, FINALLY something new and very exciting.

At least the ECF will be very different.  And with Ovi and TBL in it, there will be lots to talk about.  And don't forget about the Vegas narrative, an expansion team in conference final. Wow!

10 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Sometimes I wonder if you’ve literally ever predicted something correctly. 

Actually, come to think of it, I actually predicted that the Kings would miss the playoffs in the beginning of the 15-16 season. So yeah, I predicted something right.

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Rod Brind’Amour the new head coach in Carolina: http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23441063/carolina-hurricanes-expected-hire-rod-brindamour-next-coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, good good.  Solid move Canes, hiring a former legendary player as a head coach has never gone wrong before.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Rod Brind’Amour the new head coach in Carolina: http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23441063/carolina-hurricanes-expected-hire-rod-brindamour-next-coach

They also named Don Waddell the full-time GM. Hey, that's the guy who built the Atlanta Thrashers!

*checks what happened to the Thrashers*

Oh god.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

They also named Don Waddell the full-time GM. Hey, that's the guy who built the Atlanta Thrashers!

*checks what happened to the Thrashers*

Oh god.

Here I was, worried about the Canes picking #2 OA and finally figuring their sh!t out.

Quick, let's throw Zacha and a pick at them for Hanafin before they realize what they have.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s not a good omen for them lol.

Not at all.  Putting a team legend as coach and a GM who underwhelmed in Atlanta is not really a recipe for success.

But I am cheering for this.  fvck that franchise.  I hope they fold.

• Like 3

Not at all.  Putting a team legend as coach and a GM who underwhelmed in Atlanta is not really a recipe for success.
But I am cheering for this.  fvck that franchise.  I hope they fold.

I’m not gonna lie, I won’t cry any tears if they end up in Quebec.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I'd cry multiple happy tears and send them off with middle fingers. 

fvck that joke of a franchise.

me and MB don't always get along, but I can always count on our mutual hatred for Carolina and Florida

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m not gonna lie, I won’t cry any tears if they end up in Quebec.

I will. I want hockey developed in this country. We lost one market to Canada already, we don't need to hand them another. Raleigh is also a great town, and I'd take Florida for relocation before the Canes. 

Don't get me wrong, Quebec City is one of my absolute favorite cities in the world, but my priorities are with hockey in this country. I did support QC over Vegas for expansion, but I surely will never hope for us to lose a team to Canada. 

21 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I will. I want hockey developed in this country. We lost one market to Canada already, we don't need to hand them another. Raleigh is also a great town, and I'd take Florida for relocation before the Canes. 

Don't get me wrong, Quebec City is one of my absolute favorite cities in the world, but my priorities are with hockey in this country. I did support QC over Vegas for expansion, but I surely will never hope for us to lose a team to Canada. 

I’ll take the atmosphere and passion I’m seeing in Winnipeg over Atlanta or Carolina any day...

• Like 1