2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

On 5/11/2018 at 9:10 AM, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Calling my shot now -- Pekka Rinne is a starting goaltender in the Metro next year. Philly likely, Islanders possibly, Carolina semi-possibly. 

And it'll suck. 

Suck for who?  He's not exactly going to have the great defense in front of him at any one of those stops he does now and he'll be 36 going into next year coming off a horrible playoffs.

Edited by NJDevs26

3 hours ago, NJDevs26 said:

Suck for who?  He's not exactly going to have the great defense in front of him at any one of those stops he does now and he'll be 36 going into next year coming off a horrible playoffs.

Carolina has a very good defense. Not like Nashville's D played great in the playoffs, they were trash as well. But I agree, he is getting older, suspect a decline very soon.

3 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Perfect,  

Crazy goal no goal goal, thought he turned his heel to direct the puck..

You’re allowed to turn your skate though. Just can’t be a distinct kicking motion. 

Originally I thought it was goalie interference as MAF’s stick was clearly bumped, but I think they got the call of good goal right the puck was already going in before that. 

• Like 1

Boy, did WPG set the tone early!  They are almost unbeatable at home, while VGK, still good at home, but not like they were early in the season. Does it go seven or does the Cinderella story come to an end?

No love for TBL!  Right, Coop?

1 hour ago, aclc79 said:

Boy, did WPG set the tone early!  They are almost unbeatable at home, while VGK, still good at home, but not like they were early in the season. Does it go seven or does the Cinderella story come to an end?

No love for TBL!  Right, Coop?

Peg lost 2 of 3 at home last round. Granted Nashville lost 3 of 4 at home, too.

It was such a weird series.

55 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Peg lost 2 of 3 at home last round. Granted Nashville lost 3 of 4 at home, too.

It was such a weird series.

Road teams have a better record than home teams this year in the playoffs. Its not by a lot though, maybe 2 or 3 games, I saw the stats on tv at some point recently. 

Very early obviously, anything can still happen.
But sign me up for a Caps-Jets final. Would be exciting.

I want Winnipeg-Tampa just because it’ll give the execs at NBC and Bettman the night sweats. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1